Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-28-2012, 07:33 PM   #196
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Thus far, I can say that Terry Spears' Wolf books are out. So much contrivance, so much misunderstanding, so much willful non-communication, especially from people who are supposed to have enhanced senses which should be able to detect subtle body language/odour shifts and whose lives depend on pack coherency or whatever. Also, the faux-mystery in the 1st book which prevented the destined couple from running off into the sunset together to finally face the complicating pack drama for about 10 chapters really sucked once they started "investigating" it in the most inept manner and had a contrived cop-out whodunnit that also sucked. Or maybe it bit..

Well, I really liked it. But your comment is hilarious. I can respect a difference of opinion, esp when you opine so eloquently.

I'm also new to romance, btw, so I expect a certain amount of cheese.
My teen read Twighlight, and I HAD to know what the fuss was. And now I'm trapped.

I bought all the T. Spears' wolf ones. I'll let you know how bad they are!
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #197
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Thus far, I can say that Terry Spears' Wolf books are out. So much contrivance, so much misunderstanding, so much willful non-communication, especially from people who are supposed to have enhanced senses which should be able to detect subtle body language/odour shifts and whose lives depend on pack coherency or whatever. Also, the faux-mystery in the 1st book which prevented the destined couple from running off into the sunset together to finally face the complicating pack drama for about 10 chapters really sucked once they started "investigating" it in the most inept manner and had a contrived cop-out whodunnit that also sucked. Or maybe it bit.
Whatever you do stay away from the 50 Shades Trilogy. I think it would annoy you to no end. It is full of unresolved conflict with serious mental issues. I've just started reading Suzanne Brockmann's Unsung Hero which is a book one of the Troubleshooter series. I need something solid after a week of reading the frustrating emotional roller coaster that is 50 Shades. Right now I need less emotional couple issues and more of a story line with a good plot to recover from that awful Grey world.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #198
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Whatever you do stay away from the 50 Shades Trilogy. I think it would annoy you to no end. It is full of unresolved conflict with serious mental issues. I've just started reading Suzanne Brockmann's Unsung Hero which is a book one of the Troubleshooter series. I need something solid after a week of reading the frustrating emotional roller coaster that is 50 Shades. Right now I need less emotional couple issues and more of a story line with a good plot to recover from that awful Grey world.
Absolutely. I read all 3, assuming having made it to the top of the NYT bestseller list, I must have been missing something. What a ridiculous female protaginist.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:55 PM   #199
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free at Amazon:

Set up for Love US DE, an anthology by Virna DePaul, Susan Hatler and Veronica Blade. Virna DePaul has published romances with Harlequin and Berkley.

Quote:
Sweet. Sassy. Sexy.

Sweet: The Boyfriend Bylaws by Susan Hatler: Will a woman have to follow her best friend's narrow dating rules in order to find lasting love?

Melanie Porter has been dumped—again. When others accuse her of “being in love with being in love,” she agrees to let her best friend, Patti, step in and direct her dating life with The Boyfriend Bylaws.

Sassy: Blind Date, Checkmate by Veronica Blade: Should a woman who’s unable to forget her first love give “happily ever after” one more try?

Shelby Winters’ one great love went sour. If she can’t feel that way again, why bother? When her best friend sets Shelby up on a blind date with Logan, the one who broke her heart, he pursues her relentlessly, forcing her to make a choice: give her heart what it’s always desired and risk total devastation or shut Logan out and lose her only shot at happiness. To Shelby, it’s a lose-lose situation. Or is it?

Sexy: Wild For Him by Virna DePaul: Can an uptight prosecutor and a laid-back defense attorney find love despite their opposing agendas?

Bryn Donovon became a prosecutor for a reason and defense attorney Daniel Mays seems to take his job about as seriously as he does his love life. While straight-laced Bryn can't deny she's attracted to the southern charmer, she's determined to keep her distance. Instead, she ends up finding something she'd lost long ago--a willingness to risk all for love.

Bonus: My Last Blind Date by Susan Hatler: Should Rachel Price play it safe and spend Valentine's Day at home with her loyal pooch, Chester, or risk another dating disaster by letting her best friend set her up on a blind date?
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #200
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free at Amazon:

The Gargoyle in the Seine US DE by Dee Garretson. This one appears to be self-published, but the author has two children's suspense books out with HarperCollins. And this one looks just like the kind of historical mystery with romantic element that I really like!

Quote:
Art student Clary Ashton can’t imagine a more perfect spot to study painting than Paris in the spring of 1878, until she witnesses a body thrown into the Seine, the body of Liam Heaton, another art student whose claims to be without money or family never rang true. What Clary thinks is murder becomes much more as Liam’s secrets come to light and his identity is revealed. When Clary’s own brother falls under suspicion for Liam's death, she is desperate to clear him, but as she delves deeper into the murky underworld and the glittering salons of the city, she finds caught between two dangerous men- a political extremist days away from a royal assassination, and the young intrepid British secret agent, Reese Tretheway, who is determined to stop him.

Clary, brought up like a gypsy in the wilds of America, finds her skills at roasting lizards and hunting rabbits little use in seeing behind the treacherous sophistication of both Reese and of those who hold the key to Liam’s death. Reese manages to hunt revolutionaries without ever wrinkling his evening clothes or revealing his own secrets, all of which Clary finds maddening. When Clary realizes she knows too much and has become a target of the revolutionaries, she and Reese have to find a way to tolerate each other long enough to save Clary's brother and try to stop the assassination, or face the possibility of losing their own lives.

Last edited by Britomart; 04-29-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #201
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Discover New Love Membership - does anyone know how often you get credits once you are a member? I joined last month received a credit which I used for a free book. It is now May and when I went to select one of the featured books, it added it to the cart with a cost. It wasn't free. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I thought you got one credit per month. I could be wrong.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:32 AM   #202
Britomart
Guru

I seem to recall that when you go through checkout, the book becomes free.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #203
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
Discover New Love Membership - does anyone know how often you get credits once you are a member? I joined last month received a credit which I used for a free book. It is now May and when I went to select one of the featured books, it added it to the cart with a cost. It wasn't free. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I thought you got one credit per month. I could be wrong.
Having the same issue, I have just tweeted asking them what's going on they were pretty prompt responding this way last time.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #204
grega
grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.grega can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
We're sorry that you had difficulty this morning trying to download your free book from Discover a New Love this morning. We have resolved the issue and you should now be able to download your book using May's credit.

If you have any questions or problems, please don't hesitate to contact us either through the form on our website or by using the Talk to Us feature.

We hope you enjoy your May featured selections.

Greg A.
Discover a New Love
grega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:17 PM   #205
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
WOW! That's what I call Customer Service. Thank you all who answered my question and thanks grega for coming on and letting us know there was an issue which has now been resolved.

Went back in and everything worked like a charm. Got the last book in the Catherine Mann Elite Force series and I am thrilled. Appreciate the VERY quick response and even quicker fix of the issue.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:35 PM   #206
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Greg, welcome to MobileRead!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:43 PM   #207
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, Greg, and thanks for the great customer service.

New thread started for May.

Free and bargain romances in May
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #208
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega View Post
If you have any questions or problems, please don't hesitate to contact us either through the form on our website or by using the Talk to Us feature.

We hope you enjoy your May featured selections.

Greg A.
Discover a New Love
Thanks Greg Sorry I didn't reply to that last tweet we're in different timezones so it was off to bed for me. Thanks for sorting it out, glad that you signed up
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote