Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 03-24-2010, 01:21 PM   #706
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Charles Dickens: Barnaby Rudge

The latest installment on my thoroughly proof-read "Complete Works of Dickens" is "Barnaby Rudge"; Dickens' 5th novel and a wonderful historical novel telling the story of the anti-Catholic "Gordon Riots" of 1780. It's many years since I read this, prior to proofing it, and I'd forgotten what a terrific read it is!

Uploaded in BBeB, MobiPocket, and ePub formats.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:53 PM   #707
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Charles Dickens: Dombey and Son

This is probably the most tedious proof-reading job I've yet done. The PG text was in a shocking state - obviously scanned and then indifferently corrected. I've corrected literally thousands of errors, the majority of which were missing quotations marks, restored all the missing formatting (italics, etc.), and re-scanned a number of the illustrations which were of poor quality.

Uploaded a new version for Sony, Mobipocket, and ePub.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:24 AM   #708
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

A History of Mathematics by Florian Cajori

I anticipate that this will be a significant effort. So if anyone else is working on this, or plans to work on this, please speak now or forever hold your peace.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:38 AM   #709
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books
Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of the Above
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post

I anticipate that this will be a significant effort. So if anyone else is working on this, or plans to work on this, please speak now or forever hold your peace.
This is challenging. The scanned version at archive.org has twisted lines:

http://www.archive.org/stream/ahisto.../n110/mode/1up

It looks like a rushed job through the scanner. Will you rescan by visiting the library at Harvard?

Google Books' version doesn't suffer from the above, but has dust and ink lifting artifacts. This looks like the best scanned copy to base the conversion, although it does not have the crisp look of some pages on archive.org. Good luck. Whatever you do should be a welcome addition to what we currently have (I'm referring to the AMS reprint).
Fat Abe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:25 PM   #710
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

[QUOTE=Fat Abe;904270]This is challenging. The scanned version at archive.org has twisted lines:

http://www.archive.org/stream/ahisto.../n110/mode/1up

Thanks. Just so you know there is also a PDF and TeX version available at Project Gutenberg; that is if you were not already aware of this. I anticipate that my effort is going to take a while. One of my selfish reasons for the undertaking is that I've always wanted to learn MathML, especially now that the major web browsers support almost all of it. The intended path is prepare a XHTML version (including MathML), conversion of the MathML to SVG, and produce an EPUB and PDF (sized for readers) product to upload here.

So I guess what I should say is that if anyone else wants to produce something for the folks here in a quicker fashion they should. I will proceed apace even if just for my own learning experience.

Oh, and yes as part of the process I plan to proof against an original paper book version.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:18 AM   #711
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Right now I am making The Phoenix and the Carpet and The Story of the Amulet by E. Nesbit, both with Millar's illustrations.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:30 AM   #712
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
I've just found this thread (thanks, Jellby) and read through it this evening. It's been fascinating reading the comments and suggestions.

Anyway, I'm working on an illustrated version of The Woman in White, and The Public Domain by James Boyle, both in ePub format. I do my books by hand, so they will take some time.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:11 AM   #713
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
I do my books by hand, so they will take some time.

Regards, Alex
All the best books do. I'd go for quality rather than quantity any time. Good luck with your project!
Old 08-25-2010, 08:24 AM   #714
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
H. P. Lovecraft

I've posted his fiction, his collaborative work, his juvenilia and several of his essays is epub.

I'm currently working on getting out his poems.

These are my first proper ebooks and have tried to get some decent formatting in them without having to add loads of code.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:48 AM   #715
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Now that I've done The Woman in White, and uploaded some corrections, I'm about a quarter of the way through The Moonstone

Regards, Alex
Old 08-27-2010, 12:58 PM   #716
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Now that I've done The Woman in White, and uploaded some corrections, I'm about a quarter of the way through The Moonstone

Regards, Alex
Hurry, hurry. It is one of the MR bookclub contenders this month.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96039
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:39 AM   #717
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
A thought

48 pages in this thread, since 2007.

Would it be an idea to start a new thread on the same topic, but have the first post kept current with progress reports of books being converted. This way participants can immediately see what is current and recent, and help reduce any incidents of (unnecessary) duplication?

This way no one will need to say this ....

Quote:

Who knows there are probably 3 people out there thinking "OH! ******* !"
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 06:41 AM   #718
AlexBell
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
Hurry, hurry. It is one of the MR bookclub contenders this month.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96039
Sorry, I do my ePubs by hand. I think it will be another two weeks or so before I get The Moonstone finished, and by then the September book will be chosen.

Regards, Alex
Old 09-09-2010, 01:19 PM   #719
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
"Wuthering Heights" is Emily Brontë's only novel. It was first published in 1847 under the pseudonym Ellis Bell, and a posthumous second edition was edited by her sister Charlotte.
Assuming you still have the source files, is there any chance of getting this released as .epub?
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:04 AM   #720
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

No problem. Here you go:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98090