Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-11-2019, 11:24 AM   #61
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'm praying that Amazon makes a mistake and ships you a Kobo Libra H2O instead.
lol I'm praying they don't

eta: great device, I'm sure, but I like the Clara or PW form factor

Last edited by pghaworth; 12-11-2019 at 11:27 AM.
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 11:26 AM   #62
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Quote:
Sorry, but that's just wrong. We have had it be very dry inside and yes, we'd sometimes get static shocks from touching some things. But what never got zapped was my H2O. If the Oasis is that sensitive, then it's a defective design and needs to go back. There's no way it should be acting that flakey.
I agree completely. when I was handling my PW4 return I told them about the Oasis issues so they knew before I started the return process yesterday. the agent agreed with me that what I was experiencing wasn't right.
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2019, 12:34 PM   #63
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Quote:
I've never had a problem with an iPhone or iPad due to static.
First of all, you don't seem to even have a Kindle nor be remotely interested in owning one, so why are you hanging around in a Kindle section of the forum?

Secondly, the static charge is merely speculative at best. We simply don’t know what is causing that particular Oasis 3 to go wonky. I’ve never had a static charge incident with any current day electronics either, but that is because they are designed with a grounding system. If a static charge did affect that Oasis 3, it was likely because of a manufacturing error or a short circuit due to damage or faulty parts. Stuff happens, but this is rare.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote