Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-05-2019, 03:34 AM   #1
_nut
_nut began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Page numbers in 4.0 Viewer

Is it possible to display page numbers (current/total) instead of percentage? Or is it possible to re-institute this function?
_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 04:21 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...10794acd449a23
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2019, 05:21 AM   #3
_nut
_nut began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Thank you Kovid
_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 11:49 AM   #4
Gianky
Gianky is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.Gianky is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.Gianky is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.Gianky is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.Gianky is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.Gianky is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.Gianky is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.Gianky is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.Gianky is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.Gianky is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.Gianky is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Scusa, alternative per chi non è in grado di applicare qello che hai postato? Grazie
Gianky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 11:54 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianky View Post
Scusa, alternative per chi non è in grado di applicare qello che hai postato? Grazie
(just wait for the next release)
Aspetta la prossima versione
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2019, 08:54 PM   #6
kim67255
kim67255 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
David I looked at the link. I'm not a software writer. It was all mumbo jumbo. Is there going to be an update to add page numbers? Also, when I bring up a book it seems to take longer for it to come up. Is that normal? Everything works the same on my Amazon fire. I read books just fine on there.

I love Calibre. I've had it for years. This new update just kind of through me for a loop. It just a matter of getting used to it a guess.
kim67255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:22 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kim67255 View Post
David I looked at the link. I'm not a software writer. It was all mumbo jumbo. Is there going to be an update to add page numbers?
The "mumbo jumbo" is the change Kovid implemented to add page numbers back. You will see the results in the next update.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 12:27 PM   #8
kim67255

There have been several updates. Can you tell me when that will be, please?
Old 11-08-2019, 12:44 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Sorry to sound a little snarky, but have you checked the What's new item on the release page? That may have answered the WHEN (release)

Reading progress is a header/footer option.
Calibre NEVER adjusts your preference settings (you may have liked it the way it was set )

I had to enable and (find, the place because it was a spec in the footer )adjust the font
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 11:00 AM   #10
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Page numbers was added to the calibre viewer over a month ago on 7 October when calibre 4.1 was released. I talk about how I set it up in this post.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 10:59 AM   #11
kim67255

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Page numbers was added to the calibre viewer over a month ago on 7 October when calibre 4.1 was released. I talk about how I set it up in this post.

I followed your steps in the post. I'm not sure which ones changed to page numbers opposed to percent. But it works great thank you so much. I'm so lost without that function. Sometimes I'm in the mood for a long book, sometimes just something short. This function helps. I love the program I just don't understand the code. I just followed your steps and walla. So thank you so so much for your help.