Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 09:24 PM   #31
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
in the config dialog select epub as your output format. click convert. this will create an epub version of the file which you can unzip using winzip

thanks for replying so fast. I had trouble finding your "config" because of the tiny icon, versus the other beautiful icons. I found it though, and now have a copy of the book in epub. However, I apparantly do not have winzip. I assume I can download it so I'll start searching.

I thought epub was a ebook format like lrf and prc, etc?

AJ Starr

I was able to convert the book the way I want. Thanks again for your help. Caliber is a great program.

Last edited by AJ Starr; 10-27-2008 at 10:00 PM. Reason: post script
Old 10-27-2008, 10:01 PM   #32
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
epub is just zipped up html
Advert
Old 10-28-2008, 04:20 AM   #33
maxcat
maxcat began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Hi,

awesome program. I can't find the config icon to select epub. What am I missing.

Thank you.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:43 AM   #34
maxcat
maxcat began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcat View Post
Hi,

awesome program. I can't find the config icon to select epub. What am I missing.

Thank you.
Nevermind. Found it. It's the hammer icon to the far right of the search bar.

Works awesome
Old 11-17-2008, 07:10 PM   #35
blues36
blues36 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-900, Palm Pre
I hope this hasn't been asked before.... I've been searching FAQ's and searching this forum, so here goes...

Is there any way to change the default filename that Calibre saves to, from "Title - Author" to "Author - Title"?

I would prefer the later because it's much easier to manage... at least for me.
Thanks,
Joe
Advert
Old 11-17-2008, 07:16 PM   #36
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No there isn't
Old 11-18-2008, 08:29 AM   #37
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Can this then become an enhancement request? I have all my current eBook collection named with author-title
Old 11-18-2008, 01:14 PM   #38
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

There's already an ehancement request for it.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:44 PM   #39
amc
amc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Squee: I just downloaded Calibre, and I really like it--especially the tags and the rss feeds. My main problem with my PRS-700 was the software that came with it. Calibre fixes that and makes me a very happy reader, indeed.

Question: Are there plans to include support for the PRS 700's annotations in the future? Calibre is already exponentially better than the Sony-provided apps, but annotation support and search capability would make would make it flat out perfect, as far as I am concerned.

Thanks!

Last edited by amc; 12-09-2008 at 10:26 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-09-2008, 09:04 PM   #40
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

yeah, but my todo list is very long, so no firm commitments
Old 12-09-2008, 09:05 PM   #41
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
yeah, but my todo list is very long, so no firm commitments
It will take Kovid a good three of four days to get to it.

BOb
Old 12-10-2008, 02:58 AM   #42
hechoamano
hechoamano began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 500
I'm surprised everyone likes the caliber program so much. I have assiduously followed the directions and can't get it to transfer a converted file to my device. I also cannot register on the caliber site, despite repeated attempts. And the search mode just hangs up when I try using it.
I bought the sony prs-500 on the strength of all the kudos for the caliber program, and am now extremely frustrated, having done all that was required...
Old 12-10-2008, 03:41 AM   #43
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
If I remember correctly, to use Calibre to transfer docs to the PRS-500, you can't have the Sony software driver installed.

I didn't try to use it to transfer docs until I had a 505, so I never tried it with the 500, but I think you have to uninstall Sony driver as a prerequisite to getting Calibre to work.

HTH
Old 12-10-2008, 01:15 PM   #44
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by hechoamano View Post
I bought the sony prs-500 on the strength of all the kudos for the caliber program, and am now extremely frustrated, having done all that was required...
You have to install the driver for the PRS-500. It is no longer an option on the installer. There is a folder in the calibre directory that has the driver installer.

BOb
Old 12-21-2008, 11:23 AM   #45
JohnnyBook
Groupie
JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: K3 W/3G (Fixed screen!) & Paperwhite Wifi
RE: Name files by "Author-Title" instead of "Tittle-Author"

Quote:
There's already an enhancement request for it.

Ugh, I just started using Calibre, and this was the first thing I wanted to change...

I have many books already (1000 or so) in the file name format "Author - Series - Title"

I finally figured out how to get Calibre to edit the meta data based on file name so that that info is recorded (At least I think I did)

A friend who stopped by saw me playing with the book files and wanted me to send him all the books from a series he was interested in.

So I just did a windows search on that author, and dragged the files to an e-mail to send to him.

Then I discover that Calibre renames the files "Tittle-Author" OUCH!

How is he supposed to know the order of the books? The series name and series_number has been stripped out of the file name.

So unless he also uses calibre, he will need to open each book to look at the meta data in his book viewing program to find out which title comes when. (If the info was recorded in the meta data)

I see that allowing alternate file name formats is in the "enhancement request" list.... But any idea how far down the list it is?

Also I see that the "Author" folders are saved as "First Name Last name" (Despite the fact that the file names were originally in the format Last, First Mi.)

Can changing the author file name format also be added to the "enhancement request" list?

Hmm, is the "enhancement request" list posted somewhere on the forum, so I don't make other post for features that have already been asked for? ( or do you prefer having 63 different people ask for the same feature, so you know how much of a priority to make it)

JB
Closed Thread