Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-06-2020, 08:58 PM   #316
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pompej View Post
Is it worth installing new firmware if i use KOreader only? Now I'm on 4.20.14601
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@pompej: Unlikely to matter on an EoL device.

I still usually recommend to keep track of things once in a while (because we do use bits and pieces here and there, and some of 'em may have a rather important impact), but it's less meaningful if you barely use Nickel at all, and even less so for a device that isn't part of the current generation of devices.

(i.e., if you had a Clara, I'd have said yes. That said, if your Aura SE is actually a r2, it's indeed a Mk. 7, so, yes, too ).
You forgot the updates to busybox and dosfstools in 4.22.15190. I don't know if busybox is being used, but the dosfstools update has drastically reduced the number of times Windows is reporting the drive to be dirty.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 09:20 PM   #317
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
... but the dosfstools update has drastically reduced the number of times Windows is reporting the drive to be dirty.
Not just reduced it, it's eliminated it for me (so far) on both my ClaraHD and Forma.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 09:29 PM   #318
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Not just reduced it, it's eliminated it for me (so far) on both my ClaraHD and Forma.
ALMOST eliminated it for me - After connecting my PC a dozen or more times since the firmware update I was very surprised to see the "there's a problem with this drive" message reappear for the first time last night. And it popped up again just now when I plugged it in to test while typing this
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 10:26 PM   #319
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
ALMOST eliminated it for me - After connecting my PC a dozen or more times since the firmware update I was very surprised to see the "there's a problem with this drive" message reappear for the first time last night. And it popped up again just now when I plugged it in to test while typing this
Almost for me as well. And I'm pretty sure the cases where it appears are fairly legitimate. It usually happens after I bump the cable (the socket in the laptop is well used and a little lose) and the device disconnects. After that, it probably come up as dirty, even if there are no problems found.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 10:30 PM   #320
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Almost for me as well. And I'm pretty sure the cases where it appears are fairly legitimate. It usually happens after I bump the cable (the socket in the laptop is well used and a little lose) and the device disconnects. After that, it probably come up as dirty, even if there are no problems found.

Yes, I'm 98% certain the glitches are related to my cable, not the device.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 07:06 AM   #321
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yep, that would definitely fall under the `may have a rather important impact` statement of my previous message ;p.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 03:32 AM   #322
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
I’ve been skimming/reading through this thread and haven’t found anyone complaining about sync issues. Has anyone else noticed issues with syncing?

I have a Kobo Aura, 1st gen, and it is has only successfully synced twice since this update and has taken several days to get new books downloaded. I can buy books from the store on my device and it does seem to eventually load new books.

I know a repair is the next step, but I wanted to ask if there is a known bug before I try the repair.
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 08:06 AM   #323
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwurm70 View Post
I’ve been skimming/reading through this thread and haven’t found anyone complaining about sync issues. Has anyone else noticed issues with syncing?
There have been a couple of threads talking about syncing. The problem is not firmware version specific, probably why you didn't find anything here. Basically, sync is multiple steps and if one gets stuck, the rest may take a while to run.

See https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kob...der_hacks#Sync
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release