Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 05-23-2015, 03:10 PM   #1
TdeV
Dabbler
TdeV began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Reject:Lenovo 8.1 tablet Old: Colour Nook, HP Touchpad
Question How to update which books have been read?

I love my Calibre Companion

I'm using FB Reader on Samsung Android.

Is there a way I can mark books read (completely) and books begun (but not completed), distinctly from books I have not read?

Do I do the marking in CC or in Calibre?

Thanks.
TdeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 03:58 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TdeV View Post
I love my Calibre Companion

I'm using FB Reader on Samsung Android.

Is there a way I can mark books read (completely) and books begun (but not completed), distinctly from books I have not read?

Do I do the marking in CC or in Calibre?

Thanks.
It seems you want a book to have 1 of 3 states: read, in-progress, and not started. CC's Read field also has three states, so you can choose which value matches which condition. I would suggest "Yes" (checked) to be finished, "No" (red X) to be in progress, and "empty" to be not started. You can change the value for Read in CC's book details.

The next thing you would probably want to do is synchronize this information back to calibre and vice versa. To do that, in calibre you must create a custom Yes/No column named however you wish. After you have created the column, connect CC as a wireless device so it knows about the column, then go to CC's settings / Marking books read / Sync column for read. Check the new column you created so that CC and calibre will exchange information whenever you connect as a wireless device.

After you have done the above, you can change the Read value in calibre or CC. Changes you make in either app (calibre or CC) will sync to the other unless you change it in both. If it is changed in both then CC's value wins.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2015, 08:28 PM   #3
TdeV
Dabbler
TdeV began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Reject:Lenovo 8.1 tablet Old: Colour Nook, HP Touchpad
Thanks. I got it working (maybe).
TdeV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
read books