Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 05-17-2015, 03:53 PM   #1
nikoski
Zealot
nikoski began at the beginning.

Device: none
calibre tag browser's "N-News" as Group ?

As far as i can see the red "N-News" tag (on calibre tag browser) does not get synced as a group on CC, i do not have this group in CC.

Can i sync the "fetched news" from calibre in some way?

I've read here about automatically syncing at specified time including news, t've tried that, but it does not seem to sync news either

In any case i'd prefer to simply sync everything manually.
nikoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 04:18 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikoski View Post
As far as i can see the red "N-News" tag (on calibre tag browser) does not get synced as a group on CC, i do not have this group in CC.

Can i sync the "fetched news" from calibre in some way?

I've read here about automatically syncing at specified time including news, t've tried that, but it does not seem to sync news either

In any case i'd prefer to simply sync everything manually.
The calibre "News" group is simply a tag "News" that you can find under Tags in the grouping drawer. The "books" with that tag can have other tags such as the title of the news. If you want to see only those tags then restrict CC's display to news books by a long-press on the News tag then choosing "Matching".

If you are asking about syncing "News books" from a calibre news feed then that depends on your calibre settings. If you want to sync automatically then you must change calibre's preference to auto-send news (calibre Preferences / Behavior / Automatically send downloaded news to device), in which case calibre will send the books to CC when you connect CC as a wireless device, manually or using auto-connect. If you want to send them manually then you must manually select the news books and send them to CC, or use something like the Reading List plugin to control auto-send to CC.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2015, 02:41 AM   #3
nikoski
Zealot
nikoski began at the beginning.

Device: none
I normally use "reading list" to sync the content, also the tags, to CC, when i manually connect by WiFi.

What i was looking for in CC was an extra group category with a name "News" similar to the category "(N) News" for fetched news under the category browser of calibre.

Now i understand that CC does not put the fetched news under an extra group category but only under the corresponding tag "News".

Thanks a lot for your detailed explanation!
nikoski is offline   Reply With Quote