Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 05-02-2015, 08:49 AM   #1
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Evernote Link

Hi

Has anyone tried the following and can tell me if it works in CC?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=254116

Thanks
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 11:01 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Hi

Has anyone tried the following and can tell me if it works in CC?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=254116

Thanks
I am surprised that you didn't try it yourself.

I installed evernote free on my desktop (Win7/64) and on my test Android device (Galaxy Nexus. I followed BR's instructions to create a link to a note in a comment field. I connected CC as a wireless device and the metadata for that book (containing the new comment) was sent. In CC I looked at book details, found the comment, tapped the link, and ended up in Android evernote. I edited the comment there (on Android) and saved it. I went back to the desktop, opened evernote, asked it to sync (didn't want to wait the five minutes) and voila, the changes were there.

I think that means that it works, but as I don't use evernote I don't know if there are other features involved that need to be tested.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2015, 12:09 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

By the way, CC currently does not support the "authors links" that take you to external sites/applications. However, the information is in CC's DB so support could be added.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:03 AM   #4
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Thank you so much for the test. I'll now be using it anywhere I can

If doing the authors links is easy ... That would be nice?
Old 05-03-2015, 07:00 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
TIf doing the authors links is easy ... That would be nice?
I am looking at this. It requires yet-another-option to enable the links in book details, but other than that it seems straightforward.
Advert
Old 05-03-2015, 07:02 AM   #6
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Thank you yet again. I'm in the process of following your guide to creating virtual library custom column. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=39

And I wanted to let you know that it also works with the hierarchical tags.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:28 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

I have an implementation for showing the author external links.

If you check the "Show author external links" option (it is unchecked by default)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	137865

then if an author has a link it will show in book details like this
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	137864

In this example, Weber has a link and Ringo does not.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:29 AM   #8
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Fantastic. I'm in the process of figuring out the Content Server and how to make my libraries accessible when I'm not at home