Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-14-2017, 06:44 PM   #31
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I'm having the same problem. Updated from 3.3 to 3.4 without an issue. But I can't get it to update to 3.4.2.

EDIT: I figured out the problem. It's Amazon's fault. The file they show for updating both 3.4 and 3.4.1 was designed for 3.4.1. to 3.4.2. (That's why its name is Update_kindle_3.4.1_3.4.2...) I went to Archive.org and found an older Kindle 3 update page (in the Wayback Machine) and in it I was able to download the 3.4 to 3.4.2 file (Update_kindle_3.4_3.4.2...). My Kindle took to it right away and is now registered.

I've got the three files downloaded now, so will be willing to send them. The way I found them was by going to Archive.org and placing this link in the Wayback Machine entry.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200529700

Then I chose May 18, 2017 and found the older download page with the missing downloads. (I was able to replicate the search.)
Could you re-post those files to a public file server?
MediaFire works well and has provisions for free file postings.

Don't bother - I copied all 15 of the files, here:
https://www.adrive.com/public/fkz34Z/K3
(ADrive allows server-server uploads - which is fast)

Last edited by knc1; 12-14-2017 at 07:05 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 07:03 PM   #32
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Could you re-post those files to a public file server?
MediaFire works well and has provisions for free file postings.
Okay. I'll see what I can do. Meanwhile, do you want me to forward you copies of these files? (I don't know if PM will let me do it, though.)

Meanwhile, I think this link should get you to the page on Archive.org ...

https://web.archive.org/web/20160912...deId=200529700

EDIT: It looks like this link does get you there.

Files on MediaFire ...

Update_kindle_3.4_3.4.2_B008
https://www.mediafire.com/file/6d3x2...3.4.2_B008.bin

Update_kindle_3.4_3.4.2_B006
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ti1y8...3.4.2_B006.bin

Update_kindle_3.4_3.4.2_B00A
https://www.mediafire.com/file/dac14...3.4.2_B00A.bin

Last edited by rcentros; 12-14-2017 at 07:15 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2017, 07:06 PM   #33
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Okay. I'll see what I can do. Meanwhile, do you want me to forward you copies of these files? (I don't know if PM will let me do it, though.)

To late, see:
https://www.adrive.com/public/fkz34Z/K3
Old 12-14-2017, 07:12 PM   #34
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:

EDIT: It looks like this link does get you there.
I gave them a thread of their own now.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=293024
Note that ADrive allows you to download a zip file of all 15 files - just for those who might want to also mirror these missing files.

To find them in the future:
All anyone has to do is filter the index page by K3 - then click to the page of all 15 files.

Last edited by knc1; 12-14-2017 at 07:15 PM.
Old 12-14-2017, 07:15 PM   #35
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Well, there you go.

Now there's three ways to get there.

EDIT: Unless you want me to do otherwise, I'll just leave my links up in this thread, just leave yours for the other thread (a lot better organized anyhow).

Last edited by rcentros; 12-14-2017 at 07:17 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2017, 08:02 PM   #36
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Well, there you go.

Now there's three ways to get there.

EDIT: Unless you want me to do otherwise, I'll just leave my links up in this thread, just leave yours for the other thread (a lot better organized anyhow).
The more the better.
These things tend to get lost.
Old 12-18-2017, 06:54 AM   #37
tomddd
tomddd began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
...I figured out the problem. It's Amazon's fault....
Thanks, thanks, thanks !!!!!!!
It is solutins!
Incredibly! I communicated twice with technical support Amazon.
Thanks a lot. [/QUOTE]
tomddd is offline   Reply With Quote