Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-07-2015, 04:21 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Question browsing from kindle fire - search this forum glitch

if I login with silk browser on my KF and try to use search this forum...
I tap the search option, the empty box for typing in appears, , the KF keyboard comes up AND the search box immediately closes before I can type anything.
is looks like the keyboard coming up is forcing some page refresh which is closing that field ?

the rest of the forum functions seem ok. I have not tried with other android browsers or in different sub forums, anyone else experienced this or can reproduce it ?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 01:59 PM   #2
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bump
Search this thread has dame glitch
So no search facility when i browse here from my kindle
Advert
Old 01-14-2015, 03:44 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Silk has alot of issues use Chrome, Dolphin or FireFox.

I use TapaTalk app for MobileReads which works pretty good most of the time.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 06:25 PM   #4
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Silk has alot of issues use Chrome, Dolphin or FireFox.

I use TapaTalk app for MobileReads which works pretty good most of the time.
I agree with using Tapatalk. I've tried both Dolphin and Chrome and found the same problem.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 06:38 PM   #5
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Another vote for Tapatalk! Been using the app for a very long time... first, on a now defunct 2nd Gen Ipod, everything Android now.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2015, 01:08 AM   #6
cybmole
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I agree with using Tapatalk. I've tried both Dolphin and Chrome and found the same problem.
i tested chrome sideloaded to Kindle Fire - same issue with search.

i tried to find a link/option from main site to mobile view/version but no joy. I eventually tracked down the mobileread.mobi url but is that actually this site redone, or a spin off ? it did not seem to have a search anyway ?
found tapatalk in amazon store so will try that.

it would be nice to think that a site called mobileread would be tested and made to work fully on mobiles!
Old 01-15-2015, 08:38 AM   #7
cybmole
Wizard

tapatalk on kindle fire HDX is broken, it downloads for free from amazon UK store OK, but then the search field does nothing at all, & it has no preferences/settings options anywhere that I can see.
if there is a mobileread forum is impossible to find amongst the 10,000 other forums, and register/sign in also is unresponsive.
sign in with social media leads to "system error".
sign in / sign up with email leads to no response & no email confirmation.
I removed it/installed it twice then decide to waste no more time on it. it looks like it has not been fixed to work with eh current Kindle Fire OS release.
the recent reviews in google play store are also unfavourable.
I'll stick with silk/ chrome & forgo the search function.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:41 AM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I am using it right now. I sideloaded the Play version. Works great. You must create an account with tapatalk to use the app.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:30 PM   #9
cybmole
Wizard

i suppose I could grab & side load the google play version - should not have to though- author(s) should fix the amazon version or pull it from the store.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:33 PM   #10
cybmole
Wizard

Sideload version is ok .I am using it to reply