Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-30-2023, 09:19 PM   #61
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I was using the Kobo Metadata plugin about 30 minutes ago and it worked for me. What country are you posting from is a question that comes to mind.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 10:54 AM   #62
NotSimone
Book Enjoyer
NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I actually ran into this just today on both the Aus and NZ servers even though I was using those fine yesterday. Swapping to United States seems to have fixed it so it looks like Kobo are maybe trialling some kind of website refresh?

I’m on holiday until the end of the year with nary a laptop in sight so I can’t take a closer look for the next few weeks. I suggest to anyone else who runs into this to just start trying different countries and hope one works…
NotSimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2023, 01:17 PM   #63
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
When I try to use the plugin, it cannot find the book I'm looking for. Here's the error message:

Code:
calibre, version 7.2.0
FEHLER: Keine Übereinstimmungen gefunden: <p>Es wurden keine Bücher für die aktuelle Suche gefunden. Versuchen Sie, die Suche <b>weniger spezifisch</b> zu formulieren. Verwenden Sie beispielsweise nur den Nachnamen des Autors und ein einzelnes, prägnantes Wort aus dem Titel.<p>Um den gesamten Protokoll zu lesen, klicken Sie auf "Details anzeigen".

Running identify query with parameters: 
{'title': 'Yellowface: The Instant #1 Sunday Times Bestseller and Reese Witherspoon Book Club Pick From Author R.F. Kuang', 'authors': ['Rebecca F Kuang'], 'identifiers': {'isbn': '9780008532796'}, 'timeout': 30} 
Using plugins: Kobo Metadata (1, 2, 0) 
The log from individual plugins is below 

****************************** Kobo Metadata (1, 2, 0) ****************************** 
Found 0 results 
Downloading from Kobo Metadata took 1.0022008419036865 
KoboMetadata::identify: title: Yellowface: The Instant #1 Sunday Times Bestseller and Reese Witherspoon Book Club Pick From Author R.F. Kuang, authors: ['Rebecca F Kuang'], identifiers: {'isbn': '9780008532796'}
KoboMetadata::identify: Getting metadata with isbn: 9780008532796
KoboMetadata::identify: Looking up metadata with url: https://www.kobo.com/de/en/search?query=9780008532796
KoboMetadata::identify: Got exception looking up metadata: list index out of range 

******************************************************************************** 
The identify phase took 1.01 seconds 
The longest time (1.002201) was taken by: Kobo Metadata 
Merging results from different sources 
We have 0 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds
When I just use the search URL in my browser, the first result is the book I'm looking for, so I think there is something wrong with the array that the plugin is trying to search.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 12:51 PM   #64
gguigui
gguigui began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2 and Clara HD
Just tried using the plugin, and I've noticed several things while playing around with the extension:

1. An option to change language would be useful, same as with the country. If I'm looking up a book without using the ISBN, the query for a book in French returns the correct result if done in French, and a wrong result if done in English.

Quote:
https://www.kobo.com/fr/en/search?query=L%27%C3%89p%C3%A9e+de+la+providence+A ndrzej+Sapkowski
vs
Quote:
https://www.kobo.com/fr/fr/search?query=L%27%C3%89p%C3%A9e+de+la+providence+A ndrzej+Sapkowski
2. Adding "&fcmedia=Book" at the end of the query might also help, to avoid any possibility of fetching an audiobook metadata.

3. If title, author and ISBN are present in Calibre, the search only uses the ISBN. If the ISBN is wrong, then the result is either no metadata fetched from Kobo (if the ISBN doesn't match anything) or the wrong metadata is fetched. Could it be possible to have a fallback mechanism in case the ISBN returns no match? For the second case (wrong metadata fetched because of correct title/author but wrong ISBN), maybe returning both options so we could pick one?

4. I've got a failure when looking up specific books. Not sure how to interpret the log, but it seems to me like the metadata is read from Kobo, but then not written.

Quote:
calibre, version 7.2.0
ERREUR : Aucune correspondance trouvée: <p>Impossible de trouver un livre correspondant à votre recherche. Essayer de faire une recherche <b>moins spécifique</b>. Par exemple, utiliser seulement le nom de famille de l'auteur et un mot distinctif du titre.<p> Pour voir le journal en entier, cliquer "Afficher les détails.

{'title': None, 'authors': None, 'identifiers': {'isbn': '9782820507099'}, 'timeout': 30}
Using plugins: Kobo Metadata (1, 2, 1)

****************************** Kobo Metadata (1, 2, 1) ******************************
Found 0 results
Downloading from Kobo Metadata took 4.8386969566345215
KoboMetadata::identify: title: None, authors: None, identifiers: {'isbn': '9782820507099'}
KoboMetadata::identify: Getting metadata with isbn: 9782820507099
KoboMetadata::identify: Looking up metadata with url: https://www.kobo.com/ca/en/search?query=9782820507099
KoboMetadata::_lookup_metadata: Got title: The Witcher : L'Épée de la providence
KoboMetadata::_lookup_metadata: Got authors: ['Andrzej Sapkowski']
KoboMetadata::_lookup_metadata: Got publisher: Bragelonne
KoboMetadata::_lookup_metadata: Got pubdate: 2012-10-12 00:00:00+00:00
KoboMetadata::_lookup_metadata: Got isbn: 9782820507099
KoboMetadata::_lookup_metadata: Got language: French
KoboMetadata::_lookup_metadata: Got tags: {'Science Fiction & Fantasy', 'Fantasy'}
KoboMetadata::_lookup_metadata: Got comments: b'<div class="synopsis-description" translate="no"><p><strong>Les romans à l\'origine de la série The Witcher !</strong></p>\n<p>Geralt de Riv n’en a pas fini avec sa vie errante de tueur de monstres. Fidèle aux règles de la corporation maudite des sorceleurs, Geralt assume sa mission sans faillir dans un monde hostile et corrompu qui ne laisse aucune place à l’espoir. Mais la rencontre avec la petite Ciri, l’Enfant élue, va donner un sens nouveau à l’existence de ce héros solitaire.</p>\n<p>Geralt cessera-t-il enfin de fuir devant la mort pour affronter la providence et percer à jour son véritable destin ?</p>\n</div> \r\n '
KoboMetadata::_lookup_metadata: Got cover: https://cdn.kobo.com/book-images/ccb...providence.jpg
KoboMetadata::_check_title_blacklist: blacklisted title words: {''}
KoboMetadata::_lookup_metadata: Hit blacklisted word(s) in the title: {''}
KoboMetadata::identify:: Could not find matching book

************************************************** ******************************
The identify phase took 5.01 seconds
The longest time (4.838697) was taken by: Kobo Metadata
Merging results from different sources
We have 0 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds
After several trials, I'm fairly certain this only happens with books in series.
The one difference between a failed and successful attempt is this line, despite my blacklist being empty:
Quote:
Edit: I was wrong, it does not happen only with series. Example here:
Quote:
calibre, version 7.3.0

{'title': 'La verticale de la peur', 'authors': ['Gilles Favarel-Garrigues'], 'identifiers': {'isbn': '9782348077333', 'amazon_fr': '2348077329', 'google': 'URvgzwEACAAJ'}, 'timeout': 30}
Using plugins: Kobo Metadata (1, 2, 1)

****************************** Kobo Metadata (1, 2, 1) ******************************
Found 0 results
Downloading from Kobo Metadata took 0.762650728225708
KoboMetadata::identify: title: La verticale de la peur, authors: ['Gilles Favarel-Garrigues'], identifiers: {'isbn': '9782348077333', 'amazon_fr': '2348077329', 'google': 'URvgzwEACAAJ'}
KoboMetadata::identify: Getting metadata with isbn: 9782348077333
KoboMetadata::identify: Looking up metadata with url: https://www.kobo.com/fr/en/search?query=9782348077333
KoboMetadata::_lookup_metadata: Got title: La verticale de la peur - Ordre et allegeance en Russie poutinienne
KoboMetadata::_lookup_metadata: Got authors: ['Gilles Favarel-Garrigues']
KoboMetadata::_lookup_metadata: Got publisher: La Découverte
KoboMetadata::_lookup_metadata: Got pubdate: 2023-03-16 00:00:00+00:00
KoboMetadata::_lookup_metadata: Got isbn: 9782348077333
KoboMetadata::_lookup_metadata: Got language: French
KoboMetadata::_lookup_metadata: Got tags: {'Nonfiction', 'Social & Cultural Studies', 'Political Science', 'Social Science'}
KoboMetadata::_lookup_metadata: Got comments: b'<div class="synopsis-description" translate="no"><p>L\'invasion de l\'Ukraine rappelle que la peur est un pilier de la géopolitique poutinienne. Mais son emprise s\'exerce aussi à l\'intérieur de la société russe, où elle assure l\'allégeance au régime de la classe dirigeante et d\'une partie de la population.<br>\nCet ouvrage met à nu la spirale d\'autoritarisme qui, bien au-delà des murs du Kremlin, se déploie à tous les niveaux de la structure sociale. Il montre comment le maintien des élites dans une insécurité permanente cimente l\'ordre politique autour d\'une improbable " dictature de la loi ", appliquée par des maîtres chanteurs, des professionnels du scandale, des hérauts médiatiques et des juges obéissants. Il analyse la manière dont, au cœur de la société, une incessante demande d\'intransigeance à l\'égard de menaces agitées en tous sens légitime la surenchère punitive et les initiatives justicières. Il donne enfin à voir le repli sur soi du pays, encouragé par le façonnement aussi politique que médiatique de figures de traîtres et d\'ennemis, accusés de saper la puissance russe, voire de subvertir l\'ordre moral.<br>\nNourri par vingt ans d\'enquête, ce livre explore l\'ancrage politique et social du poutinisme. Il offre des clés inédites pour comprendre comment un pouvoir aussi délétère perdure et, peut-être aussi, pourquoi il nous sidère.</p>\n</div> \r\n '
KoboMetadata::_lookup_metadata: Got cover: https://cdn.kobo.com/book-images/c1b...outinienne.jpg
KoboMetadata::_check_title_blacklist: blacklisted title words: {''}
KoboMetadata::identify:: Could not find matching book

Last edited by gguigui; 01-06-2024 at 03:08 PM.
gguigui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 09:10 AM   #65
NotSimone
Book Enjoyer
NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguigui View Post
Just tried using the plugin, and I've noticed several things while playing around with the extension:

1. An option to change language would be useful, same as with the country. If I'm looking up a book without using the ISBN, the query for a book in French returns the correct result if done in French, and a wrong result if done in English.

vs

2. Adding "&fcmedia=Book" at the end of the query might also help, to avoid any possibility of fetching an audiobook metadata.

3. If title, author and ISBN are present in Calibre, the search only uses the ISBN. If the ISBN is wrong, then the result is either no metadata fetched from Kobo (if the ISBN doesn't match anything) or the wrong metadata is fetched. Could it be possible to have a fallback mechanism in case the ISBN returns no match? For the second case (wrong metadata fetched because of correct title/author but wrong ISBN), maybe returning both options so we could pick one?

4. I've got a failure when looking up specific books. Not sure how to interpret the log, but it seems to me like the metadata is read from Kobo, but then not written.

After several trials, I'm fairly certain this only happens with books in series.
The one difference between a failed and successful attempt is this line, despite my blacklist being empty:

Edit: I was wrong, it does not happen only with series. Example here:
I've updated the plugin with most of these, but the language selection is a bit of work since it also changes some of the metadata fields - e.g. Release Date -> Date de parution. I don't think this is doable without manually figuring out all the changes and looking it up - maybe I'll do it when I'm really bored (or someone makes a PR for it .

Changelog for 1.3.0:
Features:
Added ebook filter to improve search
Will now perform the regular search in addition to isbn search

Bugfix:
Updated series matching to work with the updated kobo website
Fixed overzealous matching of empty blacklist fields

Last edited by NotSimone; 01-08-2024 at 09:13 AM.
Advert
Old 01-08-2024, 12:31 PM   #66
gguigui

Amazing, thanks!

I've ran into a few issues while running the latest version, only with books actually existing in the Kobo store but not being fetched.

Quote:
{'title': 'Pourquoi nous dormons: Le pouvoir du sommeil et des rêves, ce que la science nous révèle', 'authors': ['Matthew Walker'], 'identifiers': {'isbn': '9782348041273', 'google': 'qu82vAEACAAJ'}, 'timeout': 30}
Using plugins: Kobo Metadata (1, 3, 0)

****************************** Kobo Metadata (1, 3, 0) ******************************
Found 0 results
Downloading from Kobo Metadata took 3.4348514080047607
KoboMetadata::identify: title: Pourquoi nous dormons: Le pouvoir du sommeil et des rêves, ce que la science nous révèle, authors: ['Matthew Walker'], identifiers: {'isbn': '9782348041273', 'google': 'qu82vAEACAAJ'}
KoboMetadata::identify: Getting metadata with isbn: 9782348041273
KoboMetadata::identify: Searching with query: Pourquoi nous dormons: Le pouvoir du sommeil et des rêves, ce que la science nous révèle Matthew Walker
KoboMetadata::identify: Searching for book with url: https://www.kobo.com/ca/en/search?qu...r&fcmedia=Book
KoboMetadata::identify: Looking up metadata with url: https://www.kobo.com/ca/en/search?qu...3&fcmedia=Book
KoboMetadata::_lookup_metadata: Got title: Pourquoi nous dormons - Le pouvoir du sommeil et des rêves, ce que la science nous révèle
KoboMetadata::_lookup_metadata: Got authors: ['Matthew R. Walker']
KoboMetadata::identify: Got exception looking up metadata: list index out of range
and

Quote:
{'title': 'Les damnées de la mer: Femmes et frontières en Méditerranée', 'authors': ['Camille Schmoll'], 'identifiers': {'isbn': '9782348059292', 'google': '1bPzzQEACAAJ'}, 'timeout': 30}

****************************** Kobo Metadata (1, 3, 0) ******************************
Found 0 results
Downloading from Kobo Metadata took 1.0645692348480225
KoboMetadata::identify: title: Les damnées de la mer: Femmes et frontières en Méditerranée, authors: ['Camille Schmoll'], identifiers: {'isbn': '9782348059292', 'google': '1bPzzQEACAAJ'}
KoboMetadata::identify: Getting metadata with isbn: 9782348059292
KoboMetadata::identify: Searching with query: Les damnées de la mer: Femmes et frontières en Méditerranée Camille Schmoll
KoboMetadata::identify: Searching for book with url: https://www.kobo.com/fr/en/search?qu...l&fcmedia=Book
KoboMetadata::identify: Looking up metadata with url: https://www.kobo.com/fr/en/search?qu...2&fcmedia=Book
KoboMetadata::_lookup_metadata: Got title: Les damnées de la mer - Femmes et frontières en Méditerranée
KoboMetadata::_lookup_metadata: Got authors: ['Camille Schmoll']
Quote:
{'title': 'La verticale de la peur', 'authors': ['Gilles Favarel-Garrigues'], 'identifiers': {'isbn': '9782348077333', 'amazon_fr': '2348077329', 'google': 'URvgzwEACAAJ'}, 'timeout': 30}

Found 0 results
Downloading from Kobo Metadata took 0.9838290214538574
KoboMetadata::identify: title: La verticale de la peur, authors: ['Gilles Favarel-Garrigues'], identifiers: {'isbn': '9782348077333', 'amazon_fr': '2348077329', 'google': 'URvgzwEACAAJ'}
KoboMetadata::identify: Getting metadata with isbn: 9782348077333
KoboMetadata::identify: Searching with query: La verticale de la peur Gilles Favarel Garrigues
KoboMetadata::identify: Searching for book with url: https://www.kobo.com/fr/en/search?qu...s&fcmedia=Book
KoboMetadata::identify: Looking up metadata with url: https://www.kobo.com/fr/en/search?qu...3&fcmedia=Book
KoboMetadata::_lookup_metadata: Got title: La verticale de la peur - Ordre et allegeance en Russie poutinienne
KoboMetadata::_lookup_metadata: Got authors: ['Gilles Favarel-Garrigues']
Some of the ones that didn't work before work now, some still don't.

Edit: I can see that all those three books have an hyphen somewhere, might that be it?

Last edited by gguigui; 01-08-2024 at 01:18 PM. Reason: possible solution
Old 01-08-2024, 01:28 PM   #67
gguigui

Last addition (for now ), the results vary depending on the selected store. ISBN 9780007317998 fails if "Others" is selected (list index out of range), but works for the French store.
Old 01-08-2024, 03:51 PM   #68
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
That ISBN13 looks wrong (faked by pub?)
The Language is the next after 978 0 <<<0 is English

Next is the publisher... BUT there are no leading 0 publishers as this is a variable length with book number making up the rest of the 8 digits

The really big Publishers have 1 or 2 digits, the rest are the books ID

OK I found an entry in my Library with a leading 0 in the publisher field < there may be bad metadata out there
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 03:14 AM   #69
killo3967
killo3967 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Let me see if I got this right. Do I have to have the ISBN of the book to get the cover?
Because I have tried the latest version that you have posted in this thread and I do get a cover, but not the one I should get if I do the search manually. If you want, try the book "Abandonado en Marte"
Spoiler:

Here the log:
****************************** Kobo Books Covers ******************************
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_6) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/14.0.3 Safari/605.1.15')]
Failed to download valid cover
Took 3.552682399749756 seconds
No cached cover found, running identify
identify - title: "Abandonado en marte" authors= "['Rey, Lester Del']"
create_query - title: "Abandonado en marte"
create_query - after decode title: "Abandonado en marte"
create_query - title_tokens: "['Abandonado', 'en', 'marte']"
Querying: https://www.kobo.com/search?Query=Ab...clanguages=all
failed using three divs
Have close enough match - title='Abandonado en Marte', id='abandonado-en-marte'
failed using three divs
Have close enough match - title='Space Science Fiction Super Pack', id='space-science-fiction-super-pack'
failed using three divs
Have close enough match - title='The Science Fiction Anthology', id='the-science-fiction-anthology-7'
failed using three divs
Have close enough match - title='The 13th Golden Age of Science Fiction MEGAPACK®', id='the-13th-golden-age-of-science-fiction-megapack-lester-del-rey-vol-2'
failed using three divs
Have close enough match - title='Fantastic Stories Presents: Fantasy Super Pack #1', id='fantastic-stories-presents-fantasy-super-pack-1'
KoboBooks url: 'https://www.kobo.com/ebook/abandonado-en-marte'
KoboBooks url: 'https://www.kobo.com/ebook/space-science-fiction-super-pack'
KoboBooks url: 'https://www.kobo.com/ebook/the-science-fiction-anthology-7'
KoboBooks url: 'https://www.kobo.com/ebook/the-13th-golden-age-of-science-fiction-megapack-lester-del-rey-vol-2'
KoboBooks url: 'https://www.kobo.com/ebook/fantastic-stories-presents-fantasy-super-pack-1'
parse_details - kobobooks_id: "the-13th-golden-age-of-science-fiction-megapack-lester-del-rey-vol-2"
parse_details - title: "The 13th Golden Age of Science Fiction MEGAPACK®"
parse_authors - author: "Lester del Rey Lester Lester del Rey del Rey"
parse_authors - authors: "['Lester del Rey Lester Lester del Rey del Rey']"
parse_details - authors: "['Lester del Rey Lester Lester del Rey del Rey']"
No scripts founds for book details metadata????
parse_series - series_name: "Golden Age of Science Fiction MEGAPACK®s"
parse_series - series_name_node: "b'Golden Age of Science Fiction MEGAPACK®s\r\n '"
parse_series - series_index_node: "b'Book 13 - \r\n '"
parse_series - series_index_node.text: "Book 13 - "
parse_series - series_index_text: "Book 13 - "
parse_series - series_index after split: "13"
parse_series - series_name=Golden Age of Science Fiction MEGAPACK®s, series_index=13
Error parsing cover for url: 'https://www.kobo.com/ebook/the-13th-golden-age-of-science-fiction-megapack-lester-del-rey-vol-2'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.kobobooks.worker", line 165, in parse_details
File "calibre_plugins.kobobooks.worker", line 300, in parse_cover
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '0dc3ed5c-30fd-45d8-8008-e03238c1a7a9'

parse_details - kobobooks_id: "abandonado-en-marte"
parse_details - title: "Abandonado en Marte"
parse_authors - author: "Lester del Rey,Marcelo Moirón (traductor)"
parse_authors - authors: "['Lester del Rey', 'Marcelo Moirón (traductor)']"
parse_details - authors: "['Lester del Rey', 'Marcelo Moirón (traductor)']"
parse_series - series_name: "Fantaciencia"
parse_series - series_name_node: "b'Fantaciencia\r\n '"
parse_series - series_index_node: "b'Book 9 - \r\n '"
parse_series - series_index_node.text: "Book 9 - "
parse_series - series_index_text: "Book 9 - "
parse_series - series_index after split: "9"
parse_series - series_name=Fantaciencia, series_index=9
Error parsing cover for url: 'https://www.kobo.com/ebook/abandonado-en-marte'
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '48298d42-a832-46e0-8b58-7e4e9f583e6e'

parse_language - language: "Spanish"
parse_details - kobobooks_id: "the-science-fiction-anthology-7"
parse_details - title: "The Science Fiction Anthology"
parse_authors - author: "Andre Norton,Murray Leinster,Lester del Rey,Harry Harrison,Marion Zimmer Bradley,Fritz Leiber,Ben Bova,Moon Classics,Philip K. Dick"
parse_authors - authors: "['Andre Norton', 'Murray Leinster', 'Lester del Rey', 'Harry Harrison', 'Marion Zimmer Bradley', 'Fritz Leiber', 'Ben Bova', 'Moon Classics', 'Philip K. Dick']"
parse_details - authors: "['Andre Norton', 'Murray Leinster', 'Lester del Rey', 'Harry Harrison', 'Marion Zimmer Bradley', 'Fritz Leiber', 'Ben Bova', 'Moon Classics', 'Philip K. Dick']"
parse_series - series_name=None, series_index=None
Error parsing cover for url: 'https://www.kobo.com/ebook/the-science-fiction-anthology-7'
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '37b452dd-f549-41c5-bbbc-14f3f8623c69'

parse_language - language: "English"
parse_details - kobobooks_id: "space-science-fiction-super-pack"
parse_details - title: "Space Science Fiction Super Pack"
parse_authors - author: "Philip K. Dick,C. L. Moore,Isaac Asimov,Bryce Walton,Poul Anderson,William Morrison,Robert Sheckley,Randall Garrett,Lester del Rey,Jerry Sohl,Alan E. Nourse,Mike Lewis,C. M. Kornbluth,Frank M. Robinson,H. B. Fyfe,George O. Smith,Damon Knight,Henry Kuttner,H. Beam Piper"
parse_authors - authors: "['Philip K. Dick', 'C. L. Moore', 'Isaac Asimov', 'Bryce Walton', 'Poul Anderson', 'William Morrison', 'Robert Sheckley', 'Randall Garrett', 'Lester del Rey', 'Jerry Sohl', 'Alan E. Nourse', 'Mike Lewis', 'C. M. Kornbluth', 'Frank M. Robinson', 'H. B. Fyfe', 'George O. Smith', 'Damon Knight', 'Henry Kuttner', 'H. Beam Piper']"
parse_details - authors: "['Philip K. Dick', 'C. L. Moore', 'Isaac Asimov', 'Bryce Walton', 'Poul Anderson', 'William Morrison', 'Robert Sheckley', 'Randall Garrett', 'Lester del Rey', 'Jerry Sohl', 'Alan E. Nourse', 'Mike Lewis', 'C. M. Kornbluth', 'Frank M. Robinson', 'H. B. Fyfe', 'George O. Smith', 'Damon Knight', 'Henry Kuttner', 'H. Beam Piper']"
parse_series - series_name: "Positronic Super Pack Series"
parse_series - series_name_node: "b'Positronic Super Pack Series\r\n '"
parse_series - series_index_node: "b'Book 17 - \r\n '"
parse_series - series_index_node.text: "Book 17 - "
parse_series - series_index_text: "Book 17 - "
parse_series - series_index after split: "17"
parse_series - series_name=Positronic Super Pack Series, series_index=17
Error parsing cover for url: 'https://www.kobo.com/ebook/space-science-fiction-super-pack'
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '8adb1dad-9f09-4003-b1fa-32374e31be10'

parse_details - kobobooks_id: "fantastic-stories-presents-fantasy-super-pack-1"
parse_details - title: "Fantastic Stories Presents: Fantasy Super Pack #1"
parse_authors - author: "Robert E. Howard,Philip K. Dick,James Blish,H. P. Lovecraft,Mary Elizabeth Counselman,Alan Edward Nourse,Clifford D. Simak,Stanley G. Weinbaum,Frederik Pohl,August Derleth,Lester del Rey,Fritz Leiber,Carl Jacobi,Philip José Farmer,Ada Milenkovic Brown,B. W. Clough,F. Marion Crawford,Lillian Csernica,William R. Eakin,Michael M. Jones,Paul Kincaid,Shariann Lewitt,Edward J. McFadden III,William F. Nolan,Chuck Rothman,Clark Ashton Smith,Jean-Louis Trudel,Jamie Wild,David Niall Wilson,Robert F. Young"
parse_authors - authors: "['Robert E. Howard', 'Philip K. Dick', 'James Blish', 'H. P. Lovecraft', 'Mary Elizabeth Counselman', 'Alan Edward Nourse', 'Clifford D. Simak', 'Stanley G. Weinbaum', 'Frederik Pohl', 'August Derleth', 'Lester del Rey', 'Fritz Leiber', 'Carl Jacobi', 'Philip José Farmer', 'Ada Milenkovic Brown', 'B. W. Clough', 'F. Marion Crawford', 'Lillian Csernica', 'William R. Eakin', 'Michael M. Jones', 'Paul Kincaid', 'Shariann Lewitt', 'Edward J. McFadden III', 'William F. Nolan', 'Chuck Rothman', 'Clark Ashton Smith', 'Jean-Louis Trudel', 'Jamie Wild', 'David Niall Wilson', 'Robert F. Young']"
parse_details - authors: "['Robert E. Howard', 'Philip K. Dick', 'James Blish', 'H. P. Lovecraft', 'Mary Elizabeth Counselman', 'Alan Edward Nourse', 'Clifford D. Simak', 'Stanley G. Weinbaum', 'Frederik Pohl', 'August Derleth', 'Lester del Rey', 'Fritz Leiber', 'Carl Jacobi', 'Philip José Farmer', 'Ada Milenkovic Brown', 'B. W. Clough', 'F. Marion Crawford', 'Lillian Csernica', 'William R. Eakin', 'Michael M. Jones', 'Paul Kincaid', 'Shariann Lewitt', 'Edward J. McFadden III', 'William F. Nolan', 'Chuck Rothman', 'Clark Ashton Smith', 'Jean-Louis Trudel', 'Jamie Wild', 'David Niall Wilson', 'Robert F. Young']"
parse_series - series_name: "Positronic Super Pack Series"
parse_series - series_name_node: "b'Positronic Super Pack Series\r\n '"
parse_series - series_index_node: "b'Book 1 - \r\n '"
parse_series - series_index_node.text: "Book 1 - "
parse_series - series_index_text: "Book 1 - "
parse_series - series_index after split: "1"
parse_series - series_name=Positronic Super Pack Series, series_index=1
Error parsing cover for url: 'https://www.kobo.com/ebook/fantastic-stories-presents-fantasy-super-pack-1'
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'c7c14de1-aa14-487a-88e0-4fc846050980'

No cover found

************************************************** ******************************

Last edited by theducks; 01-09-2024 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Spoiler logs.
killo3967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 05:41 AM   #70
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
No. BUT... Having the correct ISBN (or selected site identifier) helps and speeds up the search.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 07:12 AM   #71
NotSimone
Book Enjoyer

Quote:
Amazing, thanks!

I've ran into a few issues while running the latest version, only with books actually existing in the Kobo store but not being fetched.

and

Some of the ones that didn't work before work now, some still don't.

Edit: I can see that all those three books have an hyphen somewhere, might that be it?
Ahh it turned out that I wasn't handling books that had a series, but no series index correctly. Seems I don't have anything in my collection like that haha. Its fixed now in v1.3.1.
Old 01-09-2024, 09:50 AM   #72
gguigui

Ah, it's getting better and better! Almost no hiccups anymore
The only two is was able to find are those ones:

1. ISBN 9780316095839: The plugin works in the US store, but not in the 'other' store, despite the book being available on both

calibre, version 7.3.0
Quote:
{'title': 'Consider Phlebas', 'authors': ['Iain M. Banks'], 'identifiers': {'isbn': '9780316095839'}, 'timeout': 30}
Using plugins: Kobo Metadata (1, 3, 1)

****************************** Kobo Metadata (1, 3, 1) ******************************
Found 0 results
Downloading from Kobo Metadata took 1.3116836547851562
KoboMetadata::identify: title: Consider Phlebas, authors: ['Iain M. Banks'], identifiers: {'isbn': '9780316095839'}
KoboMetadata::identify: Getting metadata with isbn: 9780316095839
KoboMetadata::identify: Searching with query: Consider Phlebas Iain Banks
KoboMetadata::identify: Searching for book with url: https://www.kobo.com/ww/en/search?qu...s&fcmedia=Book
KoboMetadata::identify: Looking up metadata with url: https://www.kobo.com/ww/en/search?qu...9&fcmedia=Book
2. ISBN 9780141963792: same issue but with the Australian store instead of the US

After testing with a bunch of books, my impression is that the error only happens with the 'other' store.

Sorry, I keep bringing up issues, but I'm grateful for your work!
Old 01-25-2024, 07:06 AM   #73
NotSimone
Book Enjoyer

Quote:
Ah, it's getting better and better! Almost no hiccups anymore
The only two is was able to find are those ones:

1. ISBN 9780316095839: The plugin works in the US store, but not in the 'other' store, despite the book being available on both

calibre, version 7.3.0

2. ISBN 9780141963792: same issue but with the Australian store instead of the US

After testing with a bunch of books, my impression is that the error only happens with the 'other' store.

Sorry, I keep bringing up issues, but I'm grateful for your work!
I took a look and whats happening is that when Kobo finds multiple results with the same ISBN, it's returning a search result instead of going straight to the book. This seems to happen more with the "Other" region but on the whole seems fairly inconsistent across regions.

Anyway, I've updated with a version that fixes this and also adds support for getting results from multiple pages. Only thing to mention is that Kobo seems to be doing some testing in prod with their website again so some regions aren't working right now with this plugin (you can tell because if you inspect the page, its full of "test" tags lol). Hopefully they settle on something because its getting pretty annoying having to find a working region every time they do this....
Old 02-18-2024, 09:56 AM   #74
trebZ3
trebZ3 began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre 4.23 (Win7)
Getting error installing plugin Calibre 4.23 :

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 725, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 472, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 61, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 203, in load
File "importlib\__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 181, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.dummy2.__init__", line 141
def get_book_url(self, identifiers) -> Optional[Tuple]:
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

----
The Carat symbol in Calibre is pointing at the comma not what it shows in the above quote.

Last edited by trebZ3; 02-18-2024 at 10:00 AM.
trebZ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 05:43 AM   #75
NotSimone
Book Enjoyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebZ3 View Post
Getting error installing plugin Calibre 4.23 :

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 725, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 472, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 61, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 203, in load
File "importlib\__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 181, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.dummy2.__init__", line 141
def get_book_url(self, identifiers) -> Optional[Tuple]:
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

----
The Carat symbol in Calibre is pointing at the comma not what it shows in the above quote.
Have you tried updating? Or is there some reason you're on such an old version. Tbh the minimum version requirement in the plugin is more or less arbitrary but it seems I should bump it...