Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-05-2023, 06:03 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I've attached an image to show what I meant about the cover size. I reverted to the original version of KoboMetadata where the image was not resized on download for this test. The Kobo Books' downloaded cover (2460x3750) has been automatically resized to fit the maximum cover size in calibre while the Kobo Metadata's cover (1650x2514) has not been resized. With the new version, both plugins show the same cover size.
I've fixed the new version to not resize the images so they are artificially too large. I grabbed the code from the original plugin and replaced the new code and it works. I've given the new version a new version (1.2.0).

If you want, I can reduce the cover size even more. The way it works, is the URL determines what the Kobo server gives for the cover image.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboMetadata_1.2.0.zip (3.8 KB, 66 views)

Last edited by JSWolf; 09-05-2023 at 06:58 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 06:44 AM   #17
NotSimone
Book Enjoyer
NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've fixed the new version to not resize the images so they are artificially too large. I grabbed the code from the original plugin and replaced the new code and it works. I've given the new version a new version (1.2.0).

If you want, I can reduce the cover size even more. The way it works, is the URL determines what the Kobo server gives for the cover image.
Oops I didn't see this before I posted - this is not entirely correct and the version you attached will still be resizing the cover.

Edit: Tried to post - looks like attachments need mod approval for posts?
NotSimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2023, 11:13 AM   #18
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Can this be used alongside the old Kobo Books plugin?
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 11:32 AM   #19
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Can this be used alongside the old Kobo Books plugin?
Yes. I have both installed.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 02:05 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSimone View Post
Oops I didn't see this before I posted - this is not entirely correct and the version you attached will still be resizing the cover.

Edit: Tried to post - looks like attachments need mod approval for posts?
I would have thought that you have enough posts to not need moderation. If you post it to https://wetransfer.com I'll download and post. Thanks.
Advert
Old 09-06-2023, 06:26 PM   #21
NotSimone
Book Enjoyer
NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I would have thought that you have enough posts to not need moderation. If you post it to https://wetransfer.com I'll download and post. Thanks.
I guess ill need to do some more quality posting on the lounge then lol.

I'll offer a link to the github release here: https://github.com/NotSimone/Kobo-Me...ases/tag/1.2.0 - its a little less dodgy than wetransfering lol
Old 09-06-2023, 06:37 PM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:

I'll offer a link to the github release here: https://github.com/NotSimone/Kobo-Me...ases/tag/1.2.0 - its a little less dodgy than wetransfering lol
Actually, wetransfer is very safe and not dodgy at all. I use it quite a lot. If you don't have an account, uploads automatically expire after 7 days and You don't have to fill in really annoying captcha or get redirected to some dodgy site or asked to download software that's not safe. It's one of the best file transfer sites I know of. I've even used it tp post something here that I do want to expire. And wetranser is no more dodgy then github.

I'll have a go at the new version on Github and see how it goes. Thanks.
Old 09-06-2023, 09:47 PM   #23
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

I tried this version and it gives me the smaller cover and allows me to download covers without going through the full metadata download process.
Old 09-07-2023, 12:11 AM   #24
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Join in on the Terrible Jokes thread!
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 07:54 AM   #25
NotSimone
Book Enjoyer

Aha I've finally unlocked the edit button - huzzah !
Old 09-14-2023, 10:33 PM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Can you fix the sometimes downloading the wrong cover?
Old 09-14-2023, 10:37 PM   #27
NotSimone
Book Enjoyer

Quote:
Can you fix the sometimes downloading the wrong cover?
Do you have a specific example of this?
Old 09-20-2023, 09:05 AM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Do you have a specific example of this?
The eBook Dawn by Octavia E. Butler downloads the wrong cover. Here is the cover it's downloaded.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	203896

Some covers download incorrectly because the eBook is not available. But in this case, the eBook is available.

Why is it that sometimes the eBook cover is downloaded at a small size?

Last edited by JSWolf; 09-20-2023 at 09:46 AM.
Old 09-20-2023, 09:41 AM   #29
NotSimone
Book Enjoyer

Can you post the debug log for it?

Otherwise it looks like there are only audiobook versions of this available on Kobo US - try a different store and use the individual metadata editor to select from the top few results. Failing that, add the isbn and do the search again.

I did actually find one book that had two separate entries in the kobo store but with the same isbn. The plugin did not like that every much but it was the only one out of the thousand or so I've tagged so I'm not too fussed.
Old 09-20-2023, 12:09 PM   #30
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
The eBook Dawn by Octavia E. Butler downloads the wrong cover. Here is the cover it's downloaded.

Attachment 203896

Some covers download incorrectly because the eBook is not available. But in this case, the eBook is available.

Why is it that sometimes the eBook cover is downloaded at a small size?
Odd. I added an empty book for Dawn using the ISBN and then added metadata. I've attached an image of the cover results.

Considering the Kobo label for the book is dawn-136, it suggests that many books out there are called Dawn so KoboID, ASIN or ISBN are needed to narrow the results. Also I'm using Kobo Canada so the ebook may not be available from Kobo US.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dawn_octavia_e_butler.png
Views:	60
Size:	598.1 KB
ID:	203897  

Last edited by DNSB; 09-20-2023 at 12:15 PM.