Notices

Old 11-22-2023, 03:15 AM   #46
Bertrand
Zealot
Bertrand began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwoof View Post
but I can't find a GUI for editor chains.. There is nothing inside the Toolbar menu and also nothing inside the Favourites plugin -> Customize menu list
Editor Chains is only available when you EDIT a book. You won't find it in the main Calibre interface.
Bertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 03:24 AM   #47
bigwoof
Connoisseur
bigwoof began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 32G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
Editor Chains is only available when you EDIT a book. You won't find it in the main Calibre interface.
ahh got it. I assumed that there was a UI to create chains etc. similar to action chains.. Thanks!
bigwoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2023, 03:31 AM   #48
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwoof View Post
ahh got it. I assumed that there was a UI to create chains etc. similar to action chains.. Thanks!
There is a UI to add chains. It is not accessible from the calibre's main UI. You have to open the calibre editor (by right clicking a book and choosing edit), where you can access the "Editor Chains" plugin and add your chain.

Next version will enable embedding "Editor Chains" chains directly into "Action Chains" chains, for people who are not interested in invoking the chain in the editor, so you will have one chain instead of two.

Last edited by capink; 11-22-2023 at 03:36 AM.
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 06:59 AM   #49
bigwoof
Connoisseur
bigwoof began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 32G
Quote:
Originally Posted by capink View Post
There is a UI to add chains. It is not accessible from the calibre's main UI. You have to open the calibre editor (by right clicking a book and choosing edit), where you can access the "Editor Chains" plugin and add your chain.

Next version will enable embedding "Editor Chains" chains directly into "Action Chains" chains, for people who are not interested in invoking the chain in the editor, so you will have one chain instead of two.
Thanks! I found the UI inside the edit book menu thanks to Bertrand's help... Was trying to add the example "find the number of chapters in a book" editor+action chains zip files you posted in the action chains example thread.. and then got stuck trying to find the editor chains UI to import the editor chains specific zip file :-)
bigwoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 04:07 AM   #50
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 0.9.4

This new version allows for "Editor Chains" chains to embedded inside "Action Chains" chains. So instead of having two chains, you only need one chain. This example used to have two chains, where you have to import one into "Action Chains" plugin and the other into "Editor Chains" plugin, but now it is replaced by one chain that contains both.

Note that embedded chains will not be available in "Editor Chains" menus. If you want them there, there is the possibility to export them from within "Action Chains".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ec.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	204888  

Last edited by capink; 11-24-2023 at 04:21 AM.
Advert
Old 12-06-2023, 09:52 AM   #51
skil-phil
Connoisseur
skil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: kindle pw10
Thanks

A word of thanks for this plugin.
Takes some time to set up a chain but saves a lot of time once set up.
Great time saver.
skil-phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 04:04 AM   #52
Zillion_
Enthusiast
Zillion_ began at the beginning.

Device: KindleOasis10thGen
Question Req: "Arrange in Folders" available in Editor Chains

Hello Capink, and happy New Year,

would it please be possible to add "Arrange in Folders" as an available action in Editor Chains ?
Zillion_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 07:10 AM   #53
capink
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillion_ View Post
Hello Capink, and happy New Year,

would it please be possible to add "Arrange in Folders" as an available action in Editor Chains ?
I haven't used that feature before, so you have to test the version below yourself, if everything is going well, report back and I will officially release it.

Last edited by capink; 01-08-2024 at 10:11 PM. Reason: move attatchment to first post
Old 01-08-2024, 01:06 PM   #54
Zillion_
Enthusiast
Zillion_ began at the beginning.

Device: KindleOasis10thGen
Thumbs up Fantastic !

Super, it works great ! thanks !
(tested on Calibre 7.3 with various ePub e-books)
Zillion_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 11:40 AM   #55
Noodle
Noodle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Am I doing something wrong?

Using Calibre 7.3 Portable under Windows 10, I've imported the "Editor Chains" plugin and can successfully run my macro from within the editor GUI (ebook-edit-portable.exe).

But when I try to run my action from the command-line using this command line:
Code:
calibre-debug.exe --run-without-debug -r "Editor Chains" "myMacroName" "currentFilename.epub" "newFilename.epub"
I get this error:
Code:
Failed to initialize plugin: 'C:\\Users\\Non-Admin\\Downloads\\~Books\\~Tools\\CALIBRE\\Calibre Settings\\plugins\\Goodreads.zip'
Failed to initialize plugin: 'C:\\Users\\Non-Admin\\Downloads\\~Books\\~Tools\\CALIBRE\\Calibre Settings\\plugins\\KoboTouchExtended.zip'
QPixmap: Must construct a QGuiApplication before a QPixmap
I have set the CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY environment variable pointing to my portable "Calibre Settings" folder and can invoke the editor, the Calibre GUI, etc. in debug mode so I believe that calibre-debug.exe is otherwise functioning.

Removing the --run-without-debug flag produces the same end result, only with traceback information for the plugins (none of which are used by my macro) and an additional error "ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'ConfigParser'" before the QPixmap error.

Any suggestions what I should try next? The plugin is a great time-saver within the editor, and it would save me even more if I could script it to run on multiple books...
Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 02:21 PM   #56
capink
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
QPixmap: Must construct a QGuiApplication before a QPixmap

Any suggestions what I should try next? The plugin is a great time-saver within the editor, and it would save me even more if I could script it to run on multiple books...
I am not sure the error is related to Editor Chains. It is working fine for me, but I don't and have never used portable calibre because I am on Linux. The error usually happens if code is not creating a QApplication instance, which is not the case with Editor Chains.

I would suggest excluding all other plugins by setting up a new CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY that only have Editor Chains (and Action Chains) installed, and then running the command to see if it makes a difference. If it runs fine, the problem is with another plugin, and you will have to disable them one by one (in the original CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY) to know which one is causing the problem.
Old 01-13-2024, 02:03 PM   #57
Noodle
Noodle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
I would suggest excluding all other plugins by setting up a new CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY that only have Editor Chains (and Action Chains) installed, and then running the command to see if it makes a difference.
That did the trick -- thanks!
Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 02:11 AM   #58
capink
Wizard

Version 1.1.1

Version 1.1.1 - 11 January 2024
  • Update: Modifications to "Run Command" action.
  • Fix: Actions Chains should not be installed for the plugin command line mode to work.
Old 01-15-2024, 09:20 PM   #59
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Quote:
Version 1.1.1 - 11 January 2024
  • Update: Modifications to "Run Command" action.
  • Fix: Actions Chains should not be installed for the plugin command line mode to work.
Thank you for the great plugin.

The "Run Command" works well and I could convert several jpg to webp (I like webp). However, the media-type declared in opf is not changed to image/webp.

nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 04:51 AM   #60
capink
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
Thank you for the great plugin.
Enjoy

Quote:
The "Run Command" works well and I could convert several jpg to webp (I like webp).
Can you share what program you used for conversion, and maybe a screenshot of your "Run Command" configuration. @jbacelar was looking for something similar on Windows and could not get it to work. Maybe you configuration will prove useful for him.

Quote:
However, the media-type declared in opf is not changed to image/webp.
Give the attached version a whirl and see if it fixes the problem.

Last edited by capink; 01-16-2024 at 11:00 AM. Reason: remove attatchment