Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-29-2023, 03:30 PM   #46
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggo View Post
It could also be a weird coincidence, but since this update Calibre is a lot faster for me (search, metadata update)
I could see how the metadata update would be faster, but the search I see no reason of it to be affected.
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 03:35 PM   #47
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
It could also be a weird coincidence, but since this update Calibre is a lot faster for me (search, metadata update) - really a lot
I... noticed that too. Especially metadata update.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2023, 04:29 PM   #48
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by capink View Post
I could see how the metadata update would be faster, but the search I see no reason of it to be affected.
I know it even less, of course, but thank you very much For the update.

@Comfy.n thx a lot for your mistake
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 04:35 PM   #49
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
I know it even less, of course, but thank you very much For the update.

@Comfy.n thx a lot for your mistake
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 06:33 PM   #50
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by capink View Post
Strange that it took so long for this bug to surface. Either the plugin or the "update on all columns" option are not extensively used. I only use myself with the include/exclude options.
PI initial download counts are here ==>> http://plugins.calibre-ebook.com/

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2023, 11:50 AM   #51
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

1. Have a date-column set to 'Book Modified by Calibre Editor.'
2. Open the book in ebook-viewer.
3. Use the ebook-viewer toolbar button to open the book in Editor.
4. Modify the book and save it.

The date doesn't change, only if Editor is opened from Calibre itself. I don't know if there's anything to be done about this.
Old 10-09-2023, 08:08 AM   #52
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Currently there is nothing I can do from within the plugin. As I've said in this post, when I have some time I will see if I can propose some changes to calibre to add some capabilities to the plugin.

Having said that, I cannot see where to open the editor from the viewer. I see no such option.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	204199  
Old 10-09-2023, 08:18 AM   #53
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
should be Control + D or Preferences - Miscellaneous - Show toolbar - Edit button
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 07:41 PM   #54
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Yes, I added it to the sidebar.
Old 10-09-2023, 07:49 PM   #55
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
should be Control + D or Preferences - Miscellaneous - Show toolbar - Edit button
FTR: Shift+F11 will hide/show the toolbar.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 03:22 PM   #56
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can I somehow reload the epub after editing it?
Old 10-10-2023, 03:37 PM   #57
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Can I somehow reload the epub after editing it?
You can add a reload button to the sidebar of ebook-viewer. I think theres also a shortcut for this.
Old 10-10-2023, 03:50 PM   #58
Wiggo
Leftutti

Thx, I missed this button and simple F5 didn't work.
Old 01-25-2024, 03:12 PM   #59
toomuchreading
Groupie
toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-T1
I'm getting a weird date displayed in my custom modified date when I make a change to the metadata. For example I made a change today (2024-01-24) and the date after the change is 2024-38-25. Now I'm sure that there is no month 38 in the year. My column is defined as Date, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong...any help would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2024-01-25 15 05 24.png
Views:	21
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	206021  
toomuchreading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 03:33 PM   #60
capink
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchreading View Post
I'm getting a weird date displayed in my custom modified date when I make a change to the metadata. For example I made a change today (2024-01-24) and the date after the change is 2024-38-25. Now I'm sure that there is no month 38 in the year. My column is defined as Date, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong...any help would be appreciated.
You need to examine the "Format for date" field for your custom date column. You do this by going to preferences > Add custom columns > double click on your custom column. You should see a screen similar to the one attached below where you can choose the format for the field.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	date.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	206022