Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-15-2024, 01:27 PM   #1306
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
I got this on start:
(I mean, upon scrolling down the chains dialog)

Unhandled exception
TypeError: MenusTable._on_viewport_entered() missing 1 required positional argument: 'index'

edit: actually it seems that just mouse hovering over the dialog triggers that message

Last edited by Comfy.n; 03-15-2024 at 02:18 PM.
Comfy.n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 09:39 PM   #1307
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Sorry for the mishaps. I am not able to replicate your problems, and this can lead to a fruitless to-and-fro, so I decided to revert to having the icon combo in the actions dialog. I updated the version in post no. 1293
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2024, 09:51 PM   #1308
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by capink View Post
Sorry for the mishaps. I am not able to replicate your problems, and this can lead to a fruitless to-and-fro, so I decided to revert to having the icon combo in the actions dialog. I updated the version in post no. 1293
all good now!
Comfy.n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 08:09 PM   #1309
rumplestiltskin
Connoisseur
rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: FireHD8, iPad
Perhaps I'm not searching this thread properly so, if I'm repeating an old question, please forgive me.

I've created an action chain that does the following:
1. eMail the selected ePub to my Kindle account.
2. Set a custom field (I've named "Uploaded") to "YES" (with a checkmark displayed).

The chain works perfectly but what happens if there's some error that prevents the eMail from being received successfully? I know Calibre reports an error (in the Jobs, IIRC) if an eMail isn't reported received by Amazon so what I'm asking is how do I add a check for this in an intermediate step and then, either pass to the next step (if okay) or exit the chain (if not okay)?

Thanks for any advice.

Barry
rumplestiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 08:33 PM   #1310
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I'm not sure there's a way for Action Chains to detect errors. I think your best option might be to use this custom module and manually ask the user for confirmation.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2024, 10:59 AM   #1311
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumplestiltskin View Post
I know Calibre reports an error (in the Jobs, IIRC) if an eMail isn't reported received by Amazon so what I'm asking is how do I add a check for this in an intermediate step and then, either pass to the next step (if okay) or exit the chain (if not okay)?

Thanks for any advice.

Barry
I will look into adding a mechanism to deal with such scenarios. Maybe setting a chain variable which can be used in condition in subsequent actions. I need some time to figure out what is the best way to go about this.
Old 04-09-2024, 10:44 AM   #1312
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What's today's update? I not see a changelog entry.
Old 04-09-2024, 03:15 PM   #1313
capink
Wizard

It is the same as the test version (running chains in jobs) but it does not exclude chain caller from running in jobs. Also some code modification to Calibre Actions that does not change anything (yet) from the user perspective.

Last edited by capink; 04-09-2024 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-11-2024, 04:05 AM   #1314
bdeceulaer
bdeceulaer began at the beginning.

Device: android tablet
After upgrading from Calibre 7.4 to 7.8, creation of a action in an action chain results in an error. As far as I see, this applies to all types of actions.
This is the error I get :

calibre, version 7.8.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'ActionsDialog' object has no attribute 'jobify_chk'

calibre 7.8 embedded-python: True
Linux-6.8.4-rc1-1-default-x86_64-with-glibc2.38 Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '6.8.4-rc1-1-default', '#1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Thu Apr 4 07:22:28 UTC 2024 (1089550)')
Python 3.11.5
Interface language: None
EXE path: /app/lib/calibre/bin/calibre
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Action Chains (1, 20, 1) && EpubMerge (2, 18, 0) && Favourites Menu (1, 3, 1) && Find Duplicates (1, 10, 9) && Open With (1, 8, 3) && Quality Check (1, 13, 10)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.action_chains.gui.actions_dialog" , line 203, in accept
self.chain_settings['jobify'] = self.jobify_chk.isChecked()
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AttributeError: 'ActionsDialog' object has no attribute 'jobify_chk'
bdeceulaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 05:00 AM   #1315
capink
Wizard

I uploaded a new version. Try that.
Old 04-11-2024, 07:40 AM   #1316
bdeceulaer
bdeceulaer began at the beginning.

Device: android tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by capink View Post
I uploaded a new version. Try that.
The problem is indeed solved in the new version 1.20.2
Thanks for the very fast fix :-)

Bart
bdeceulaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 11:44 AM   #1317
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

For a single-field edit on a taglike, can I both add and remove (different) entries at the same time?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-04-21 12_43_44-Single Field Edit.png
Views:	22
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	207747

EDIT: it worked when I test.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-21-2024 at 03:34 PM.
Old 04-23-2024, 03:35 AM   #1318
Dzib
Enthusiast
Dzib began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi,

I've found this code by capink :
Code:
import os, numbers
import copy

from qt.core import (QApplication, Qt, QWidget, QGridLayout, QHBoxLayout, QVBoxLayout,
                     QGroupBox, QComboBox, QRadioButton, QCheckBox, QToolButton, QLineEdit)

from calibre import prints
from calibre.constants import iswindows, isosx, islinux, DEBUG
from calibre.gui2 import error_dialog, Dispatcher, choose_dir
from calibre.gui2.actions.save_to_disk import SaveToDiskAction
from calibre.utils.formatter_functions import formatter_functions
from calibre.gui2.dialogs.template_line_editor import TemplateLineEditor
from polyglot.builtins import itervalues

from calibre_plugins.action_chains.actions.base import ChainAction
from calibre_plugins.action_chains.common_utils import DragDropComboBox, get_icon
from calibre_plugins.action_chains.templates.dialogs import TemplateBox
from calibre_plugins.action_chains.templates import check_template

class ModifiedSaveToDiskAction(SaveToDiskAction):

def __init__(self, gui):
        self.gui = gui

def save_to_disk(self, single_dir=False, single_format=None,
            rows=None, write_opf=None, save_cover=None, path=None, opts=None):
        if rows is None:
            rows = self.gui.current_view().selectionModel().selectedRows()
        if not rows or len(rows) == 0:
            return error_dialog(self.gui, _('Cannot save to disk'),
                    _('No books selected'), show=True)
        if not path:
            path = choose_dir(self.gui, 'save to disk dialog',
                    _('Choose destination folder'))
        if not path:
            return
        dpath = os.path.abspath(path).replace('/', os.sep)+os.sep
        lpath = self.gui.library_view.model().db.library_path.replace('/',
                os.sep)+os.sep
        if dpath.startswith(lpath):
            return error_dialog(self.gui, _('Not allowed'),
                    _('You are trying to save files into the calibre '
                      'library. This can cause corruption of your '
                      'library. Save to disk is meant to export '
                      'files from your calibre library elsewhere.'), show=True)

if self.gui.current_view() is self.gui.library_view:
            from calibre.gui2.save import Saver
            from calibre.library.save_to_disk import config
            if opts is None:
                opts = config().parse()
            #print('debug1: opts.template: {}, opts.send_template: {}, opts.send_timefmt: {}, opts.timefmt: {}, opts.update_metadata: {}'.format(opts.template, opts.send_template, opts.send_timefmt, opts.timefmt, opts.update_metadata))
            if single_format is not None:
                opts.formats = single_format
                # Special case for Kindle annotation files
                if single_format.lower() in ['mbp','pdr','tan']:
                    opts.to_lowercase = False
                    opts.save_cover = False
                    opts.write_opf = False
                    opts.template = opts.send_template
            opts.single_dir = single_dir
            if write_opf is not None:
                opts.write_opf = write_opf
            if save_cover is not None:
                opts.save_cover = save_cover
            book_ids = set(map(self.gui.library_view.model().id, rows))
            Saver(book_ids, self.gui.current_db, opts, path, parent=self.gui, pool=self.gui.spare_pool())
        else:
            paths = self.gui.current_view().model().paths(rows)
            self.gui.device_manager.save_books(
                    Dispatcher(self.books_saved), paths, path)

class ConfigWidget(QWidget):
    def __init__(self, plugin_action):
        QWidget.__init__(self)
        self.plugin_action = plugin_action
        self.gui = plugin_action.gui
        self.db = self.gui.current_db
        self._init_controls()

def _init_controls(self):

l = self.l = QVBoxLayout()
        self.setLayout(l)

self.path_box = QGroupBox(_('&Choose path:'))
        l.addWidget(self.path_box)
        path_layout = QVBoxLayout()
        self.path_box.setLayout(path_layout)
        self.path_combo = DragDropComboBox(self, drop_mode='file')
        path_layout.addWidget(self.path_combo)
        hl1 = QHBoxLayout()
        path_layout.addLayout(hl1)
        hl1.addWidget(self.path_combo, 1)
        self.choose_path_button = QToolButton(self)
        self.choose_path_button.setToolTip(_('Choose path'))
        self.choose_path_button.setIcon(get_icon('document_open.png'))
        self.choose_path_button.clicked.connect(self._choose_path)
        hl1.addWidget(self.choose_path_button)

formats_gb = QGroupBox(_('Formats: '), self)
        l.addWidget(formats_gb)
        formats_l = QVBoxLayout()
        formats_gb.setLayout(formats_l)
        self.all_fmts_opt = QRadioButton(_('All formats'))
        self.all_fmts_opt.setChecked(True)
        formats_l.addWidget(self.all_fmts_opt)
        self.fmts_list_layout = QHBoxLayout()
        self.fmts_list_opt = QRadioButton(_('Save only specified formats'))
        self.fmts_list_edit = QLineEdit()
        self.fmts_list_edit.setToolTip(_('Comma separated list of formsts you want to save'))
        self.fmts_list_layout.addWidget(self.fmts_list_opt, 1)
        self.fmts_list_layout.addWidget(self.fmts_list_edit)
        formats_l.addLayout(self.fmts_list_layout)

template_gb = QGroupBox(_('Template'))
        template_gb_l = QVBoxLayout()
        template_gb.setLayout(template_gb_l)
        self.default_template_opt = QRadioButton(_('Use template define in calibre preferences'))
        template_gb_l.addWidget(self.default_template_opt)
        self.default_template_opt.setChecked(True)
        self.user_template_opt = QRadioButton(_('Define a custom template for this action'))
        template_gb_l.addWidget(self.user_template_opt)
        l.addWidget(template_gb)
        self.user_template_opt.toggled.connect(self._on_template_opt_toggled)
        self.template_edit = TemplateLineEditor(self)
        template_gb_l.addWidget(self.template_edit)

opts_gb = QGroupBox(_('Options: '), self)
        l.addWidget(opts_gb)
        opts_l = QVBoxLayout()
        opts_gb.setLayout(opts_l)
        self.single_folder_chk = QCheckBox(_('Save in a single folder'))
        opts_l.addWidget(self.single_folder_chk)
        self.save_cover_chk = QCheckBox(_('Save cover'))
        self.save_cover_chk.setChecked(True)
        opts_l.addWidget(self.save_cover_chk)
        self.save_opf_chk = QCheckBox(_('Save opf'))
        self.save_opf_chk.setChecked(True)
        opts_l.addWidget(self.save_opf_chk)

l.addStretch(1)        

#        self.all_formats = self.gui.library_view.model().db.all_formats()

self._on_template_opt_toggled()
        self.setMinimumSize(400,500) 

def _on_template_opt_toggled(self):
        self.template_edit.setEnabled(self.user_template_opt.isChecked())

def _choose_path(self):
        path = choose_dir(self.gui, 'save to disk dialog',
                _('Choose destination folder'))
        if not path:
            return

if iswindows:
            path = os.path.normpath(path)

self.block_events = True
        existing_index = self.path_combo.findText(path, Qt.MatchExactly)
        if existing_index >= 0:
            self.path_combo.setCurrentIndex(existing_index)
        else:
            self.path_combo.insertItem(0, path)
            self.path_combo.setCurrentIndex(0)
        self.block_events = False

def load_settings(self, settings):
        if settings:
            if settings['fmt_opt'] == 'all_formats':
                self.all_fmts_opt.setChecked(True)
            elif settings['fmt_opt'] == 'selected_formats':
                self.fmts_list_opt.setChecked(True)
                fmt = settings['formats']
                self.fmts_list_edit.setText(fmt)

self.path_combo.setCurrentText(settings['path'])

template_opt = settings.get('template_opt', 'default')
            if template_opt == 'default':
                self.default_template_opt.setChecked(True)
            elif template_opt == 'user':
                self.user_template_opt.setChecked(True)
                self.template_edit.setText(settings['template'])
            self.single_folder_chk.setChecked(settings['single_folder'])
            self.save_cover_chk.setChecked(settings['save_cover'])
            self.save_opf_chk.setChecked(settings['save_opf'])            

def save_settings(self):
        settings = {}
        settings['path'] = self.path_combo.currentText().strip()
        if self.fmts_list_opt.isChecked():
            settings['fmt_opt'] = 'selected_formats'
            settings['formats'] = self.fmts_list_edit.text()
        elif self.all_fmts_opt.isChecked():
            settings['fmt_opt'] = 'all_formats'
        if self.default_template_opt.isChecked():
            settings['template_opt'] = 'default'
        elif self.user_template_opt.isChecked():
            settings['template_opt'] = 'user'
            settings['template'] = self.template_edit.text()
        settings['single_folder'] = self.single_folder_chk.isChecked()
        settings['save_cover'] = self.save_cover_chk.isChecked()
        settings['save_opf'] = self.save_opf_chk.isChecked()
        return settings

class SaveToAction(ChainAction):

name = 'Save to disk'

def run(self, gui, settings, chain):
        from calibre.library.save_to_disk import config
        opts = copy.deepcopy(config().parse())
        path = settings['path']
        single_dir = settings['single_folder']
        if settings['fmt_opt'] == 'selected_formats':
            opts.formats = settings['formats'].lower()
        if settings.get('template_opt', 'default') == 'user':
            opts.template = settings['template']
        save_cover = settings['save_cover']
        write_opf = settings['save_opf']
        action = ModifiedSaveToDiskAction(gui)
        action.save_to_disk(single_dir=single_dir, write_opf=write_opf,
                            save_cover=save_cover, path=path, opts=opts)

def validate(self, settings):
        if not settings:
            return (_('Settings Error'), _('You must configure this action before running it'))
        path = settings['path']
        if not path:
            return (_('No Directory'), _('You must specify a path to valid path'))
        if not (os.access(path, os.W_OK) and os.path.isdir(path)):
            return (_('Invalid direcotry'), _('Path is not a writable directory: {}'.format(path)))
        if not settings.get('fmt_opt'):
            return (_('No Path'), _('You must choose a format option'))
        if settings['fmt_opt'] == 'selected_formats':
            if not settings['formats']:
                return (_('No format'), _('You must choose a valid format value'))
        template_opt = settings.get('template_opt', 'default')
        if template_opt == 'user':
            template = settings['template']
            if not template:
                return (_('No template'), _('You must specify a template'))
            else:
                # only calibre template functions, exclude Action Chains defined functions
                template_functions = formatter_functions().get_functions()
                is_template_valid = check_template(template, self.plugin_action, print_error=False, template_functions=template_functions)
                if is_template_valid is not True:
                    return is_template_valid

return True

def config_widget(self):
        return ConfigWidget
When I copy paste this code in a new action, it says "You must define a function called run" but there's a function run (in the class SaveToAction)...
Dzib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 07:44 AM   #1319
capink
Wizard

This code should not be pasted as a Python Code action within a chain. Instead go to Action Chains > Manage Modules > create > paste the code. Now you will have a new action called 'Save to disk' that can be used and configured in your chain.
Old 04-23-2024, 08:25 AM   #1320
Dzib
Enthusiast
Dzib began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks capink
I've added these lines to save_to_disk method to save the path in a custom column but it's not working, nothing is written in the column :

Code:
for row in rows:
    book_id = self.gui.library_view.model().id(row)
    set_metadata(self.gui.library_view.model().db, book_id, 'custompath', dpath)
Any idea ?
Dzib is offline   Reply With Quote