Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-25-2024, 03:40 PM   #61
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Also note that m is minutes while M is the month.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 03:42 PM   #62
toomuchreading
Groupie
toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-T1
It looks ok to me. Maybe I'm missing something? All my dates are displayed in YYYY-MM-DD format throughout my system and Calibre.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-01-25 3pm.png
Views:	43
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	206023  
toomuchreading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 03:45 PM   #63
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchreading View Post
It looks ok to me. Maybe I'm missing something? All my dates are displayed in YYYY-MM-DD format throughout my system and Calibre.
As I said in my last post, letter case matters. Your format, yyyy-mm-dd, says year-minutes-day
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 03:45 PM   #64
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Like chaley pointed out in the previous post. m stands for minutes while M stands for months. If you hover over the "Format for date" field, it gives a detailed tooltip for the various abbreviations.
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 04:01 PM   #65
toomuchreading
Groupie
toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capink View Post
Like chaley pointed out in the previous post. m stands for minutes while M stands for months. If you hover over the "Format for date" field, it gives a detailed tooltip for the various abbreviations.

Thank you both for the help. I missed chaley's post. I did indeed miss something! I didn't hover over the field long enough for the help to display and read . Thank you again both for your help. When my dates were wonky I sort of figured I did something wrong but I just couldn't see it. Sometimes one needs new eyes.
Old 01-25-2024, 04:16 PM   #66
toomuchreading
Groupie

One more question. When I changed the format for the date and applied it, the modified date field for every book record changed to today. I know that every record had to have the format changed, but only a few had any data in the last date modified field. You might want to add a warning to the verification screen that every record will have the Calibre Modified date field changed to 'today' when you are asked to apply the change. Some people might not want to loose that particular date data. Just a thought.
Old 01-25-2024, 05:02 PM   #67
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
One more question. When I changed the format for the date and applied it, the modified date field for every book record changed to today. I know that every record had to have the format changed, but only a few had any data in the last date modified field. You might want to add a warning to the verification screen that every record will have the Calibre Modified date field changed to 'today' when you are asked to apply the change. Some people might not want to loose that particular date data. Just a thought.
JobSpy plugin has a feature to backup and restore calibre's modified date. You have to remember to do the backup before you to any column adds, changes or removes of course.

I decided to ignore calibre's Modified Date within the first week of using calibre, so I've never used the JS feature.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 06:22 PM   #68
toomuchreading
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
JobSpy plugin has a feature to backup and restore calibre's modified date. You have to remember to do the backup before you to any column adds, changes or removes of course.

I decided to ignore calibre's Modified Date within the first week of using calibre, so I've never used the JS feature.

BR
Thanks for the tip. Calibre is such a great product that I forget sometimes to go look for something. There is just so much you can do with Calibre and it's plugins. Hopefully next time I have to change something like a column I'll remember to dig into JobSpy!
Old 03-06-2024, 10:36 PM   #69
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
I wish it could update also on this event: adding author notes
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 03:40 PM   #70
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
This plugin depends on db events in calibre. As far as I know, there is no event for adding author notes.
capink is offline   Reply With Quote