Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-20-2024, 10:09 AM   #76
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSimone View Post
Have you tried updating? Or is there some reason you're on such an old version. Tbh the minimum version requirement in the plugin is more or less arbitrary but it seems I should bump it...
Some people are running an old OS either by choice (i.e., Windows 7 when they could upgrade to Windows 10) or they are on the last version of MacOS allowed by Apple on the computer.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 01:01 PM   #77
trebZ3
trebZ3 began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre 4.23 (Win7)
On a Windows 7 machine. Don't think any newer version will run on that.
trebZ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 02:11 PM   #78
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebZ3 View Post
W10 runs fine if yours is a 64 bit CPU. (W11 will not even think of installing)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 04:35 PM   #79
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebZ3 View Post
If you have a 64-bit processor, it's highly recommended you upgrade to Windows 10 64-bit. Then you can run the latest version of calibre.

You can get Windows 10 Professional for $29.99 in Canada.

https://shop.winandoffice.com/canada...0-professional

Last edited by JSWolf; 02-20-2024 at 04:48 PM.
Old 02-27-2024, 06:03 AM   #80
NotSimone
Book Enjoyer
NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I've gone through and found when Calibre first changed to using Python 3 and that turns out to be Calibre 5. I haven't actually tested to see if this plugin works on that version so anyone who does, lmk, but I'm pretty sure it'll be fine. Either way, I've bumped the minimum req and I strongly recommend anyone to upgrade from Windows 7 at this point.

Also added is support for the new style Kobo pages so we should be working on all countries again, and thanks to GizmoWeb, better support for non-english native country settings.
NotSimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 07:26 AM   #81
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSimone View Post
I've gone through and found when Calibre first changed to using Python 3 and that turns out to be Calibre 5. I haven't actually tested to see if this plugin works on that version so anyone who does, lmk, but I'm pretty sure it'll be fine. Either way, I've bumped the minimum req and I strongly recommend anyone to upgrade from Windows 7 at this point.

Also added is support for the new style Kobo pages so we should be working on all countries again, and thanks to GizmoWeb, better support for non-english native country settings.
Thank you for the update.
Old 04-26-2024, 05:08 PM   #82
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Is it intended that 'Kobo Metadata' comes up in every download metadata search result even if the book itself doesn't exist on Kobo?
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 06:25 PM   #83
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Is it intended that 'Kobo Metadata' comes up in every download metadata search result even if the book itself doesn't exist on Kobo?
I'd like that it doesn't show at all in the ID.
Old 04-26-2024, 06:26 PM   #84
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
If there's an ISBN, it shows a link in the Ids field. I personally find this a bit of a bad metric as a) I have many non-Kobo books with ISBNs and b) not every Kobo book has an ISBN see edit.

I was specifically referring to the download metadata search dialog in this case. I suspect it's the ISBN thing again.

EDIT: Interesting: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show...3--isbn-prefix

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-26-2024 at 06:36 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:13 AM   #85
NotSimone
Book Enjoyer
NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Honestly I'm somewhat surprised people actually use that link. Personally I only use Calibre to send books to my Kobo so my workflow doesn't really involve those links at all. I have noticed that ISBN is not actually that great of a unique identifier on Kobo, but I haven't found a better one yet (relying on the kobo url also seems kinda iffy).

What are people doing with Calibre that makes this an issue? Perhaps I can remove the functionality of the extension offering those links entirely instead.
NotSimone is offline   Reply With Quote