Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-15-2017, 09:58 PM   #241
gehusi
gehusi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Sort order was the answer. It's up at the top of the list of books on a K3. There's at least 2 or 3 other posts of the basically the same question in this thread, I just couldn't seem to find them yesterday. Thanks bud.
gehusi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 01:39 PM   #242
bmix
bmix began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle4,reMarkable2,MoonReader Pro
Until now, I always created my collections manually using the GUI. I could have one book in several collections (like: Philosophy and Religion). This book then showed up both in the Philosophy and Religion category.

The user fields and columns got created by Kindle Collections, if I remember correctly (or I may have created it manually do not remember anymore). If I had a book in many collections, all the collections would be listed in that column, separated by a comma.

Now, that I have so many books, I started creating the collections by editing the user field directly in Calibre and then have that automatically applied. But now the "one book in multiple collections" has gone and instead the plugin created collections like

1. Philosophy
2. Religion
3. Philosophy,Religion

(so this is three collections now, but it should be two only)

What can I do to get the old behavior back, but still automatically use the user field approach?

Thank you.
bmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2018, 12:57 PM   #243
Kaan88
Kaan88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 3
This plugin needs kfx support. It doesn't see them.
Kaan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 02:18 PM   #244
jxxtan
jxxtan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
feature request? Not-meeting-Minimum Alternate

Is is possible to request a feature? If there is somewhere else I should be doing that, please tell me where. Or if it's not possible at all, let me know.

I use Collections a lot, but one thing that would make it easier for me was if I could specify an Alternate collection if there are not enough entries to make the Minimum.

ex: 7 entries in 4 catagories, none meeting a 3 Minimum. Instead of having all 7 with no collections, those 7 would be in the [alternate] collection.

Thanks.
jxxtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 06:47 PM   #245
iamagloworm
Connoisseur
iamagloworm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3 (Manga)
For what it's worth, I think jxxtan's suggestion would be great!
iamagloworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2018, 01:26 PM   #246
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Pushed 1.7.18 w/ KOA2 detection.

Still no KFX support, I don't personally use KFX files, and it's non-trivial to add support to a completely new format (because metadata), so I'm entirely open to patches .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 04:30 AM   #247
stefano.sb
Zealot
stefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi, a litte suggestion for this...I would be very useful for all Kindle users....

1. For all KFX ebooks it's possibile add into Calibre Library the corrisponding AZW format (example if you have in Kindle Book1.kfx, in Calibre Library you have Book1.AZW)

2. In Calibre you can manually "connect" the Book1.kfx with Book1.AZW using "Match book to library" (OnDevice -> select Book1.kfx -> right click -> Match to library -> select Book1.azw). Calibre saves this "link" information in the metadata.calibre file.

3. With Librarian Sync it's possible to extract all collections (also for Book1.kfx) into the D:\system\collections.json file (and in D:\extensions\exporting_collections.json)

4. Is it possibile for kindle collections plug-in to update the collections data of Book1.azw using the informations of Book1.kfx that it can be read from metadata.calibre and collections.json files?

Thanks

Stefano
stefano.sb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 04:26 AM   #248
sangfroid
sangfroid began at the beginning.

Hi. I've used Kindle Collections before a couple of years ago without any problems.

Recently I dug out my old Kindle 3 (jailbroken, used with kindle collections before) and updated my books there. After doing so I tried to run kindle collections to set up the collections.

Selected customise collections, set it to create by Authors and the moment I hit okay, I get the following message:

"Not saving customizations due to an unknown kindle model."

I'm running the latest version of Calibre (3.27.1) and Kindle Collections (1.17.18).

I'm confused as I've never had problems running Kindle Collections in the past on this exact same jailbroken Kindle 3.

Could you please advise?

Thanks.
sangfroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 04:30 AM   #249
sangfroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangfroid View Post
Hi. I've used Kindle Collections before a couple of years ago without any problems.

Recently I dug out my old Kindle 3 (jailbroken, used with kindle collections before) and updated my books there. After doing so I tried to run kindle collections to set up the collections.

Selected customise collections, set it to create by Authors and the moment I hit okay, I get the following message:

"Not saving customizations due to an unknown kindle model."

I'm running the latest version of Calibre (3.27.1) and Kindle Collections (1.17.18).

I'm confused as I've never had problems running Kindle Collections in the past on this exact same jailbroken Kindle 3.

Could you please advise?

Thanks.
Oh doh, scratch this post.

I just realised there's an option to select the kindle model at the bottom left of the Customise Kindle Collections page.
Old 07-14-2018, 04:44 AM   #250
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@sangfroid: It should still have been auto-detected properly... On which OS is that?
Old 07-15-2018, 09:11 AM   #251
sangfroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@sangfroid: It should still have been auto-detected properly... On which OS is that?
It's on Windows 10 Pro.

Yeah, it's not auto-detecting for some reason.
Old 07-15-2018, 02:59 PM   #252
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I think I am doing something wrong (K4NT)
I create collections based upon {Series } << This works

but some books also belong to another series : {#split_series}

It is my intent that a few books will belong to 2 collections. Note: the same series name per book could be in either column (but not the same in both for the same book... BUT some series are hierarchical, so the root could be in one and the root.subseries in the other)
If I also define this, then many books don't appear in a collection on the K4.

OK I looked at the Log Some series do not get created, yet were on the device. (at least 1 had only series. not in either section saved nor deleted)
Others WERE in a series (collection. from the single column run) and the collection was deleted.
Could this be an bad interaction between the 2 columns

Spoiler:
=== Settings:

Column: Series
Action: Create
Prefix: ""
Suffix: ""
Minimum: 1
Ignore: ""
Include: ""
Rename from: ""
Rename to: ""
Split on: ""

Column: Split_series
Action: Create
Prefix: ""
Suffix: ""
Minimum: 1
Ignore: ""
Include: ""
Rename from: ""
Rename to: ""
Split on: ""

Never delete/modify these Kindle collections:
Action when toolbar icon is clicked: Create Collections
Preserve existing Kindle-only collections: True
Ignore prefix/suffix when comparing Calibre names: False
Ignore case when pattern matching: True
Reset collection times: False
Ignore exported collections db: False
Only build a diff database: False
Kindle Model: 400
Calibre Personal doc tag: [PDOC]
Kindle collections file: I:\system\collections.json
Plugin customization file: C:\Users\<me>\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\Kind le Collections.json
System Encoding: mbcs
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 03:00 PM   #253
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@sangfroid: I recall there was some weird interaction with Windows regarding pulling the USB S/N, I *think* I had it handled, but then again, maybe the manual selection *was* the fix .

I'll double-check...

EDIT: Yep, there was a Windows hack, and it relied on platform-specific code that seems to be gone. I'll look into it .

@theducks: Can't tell much without a full log, but it's been so long since I've played with this that I may not be of much help...

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-15-2018 at 03:11 PM.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:30 PM   #254
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@sangfroid: I recall there was some weird interaction with Windows regarding pulling the USB S/N, I *think* I had it handled, but then again, maybe the manual selection *was* the fix .

I'll double-check...

EDIT: Yep, there was a Windows hack, and it relied on platform-specific code that seems to be gone. I'll look into it .

@theducks: Can't tell much without a full log, but it's been so long since I've played with this that I may not be of much help...
No prob, I can deal with it as is. The K4 is pretty old, so not worth taking your time.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 03:34 PM   #255
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released 1.7.19, which *should* fix the (> 2 and a half year old) issue with model autodetection on Windows. Oops.

Tags
collections plug-in, kindle