Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-22-2014, 04:21 AM   #61
turelur
turelur began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Dear David,

You. Are. The. Man. That totally did the trick. Thank you so much for your perseverance and your patience in getting back to me every single time and for finding this solution. I think I still have a problem with matching books on device and library (yellow status in plugin overview despite having updated the cached metadata), but, as you said in an earlier post, this might be a problem on the kindle side, and I'll investigate this further through another thread in this forum. Thank you again.
turelur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:22 AM   #62
turelur
turelur began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by turelur View Post
I think I still have a problem with matching books on device and library (yellow status in plugin overview despite having updated the cached metadata)
I have solved the problem by converting the MOBI books again into the MOBI format. Somehow that did it. Thank you again for your help.

Last edited by turelur; 08-22-2014 at 08:33 AM.
turelur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2014, 08:00 PM   #63
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Did you also resend the books the the Kindle? If so, that is probably what fixed things. I'm not quite sure why. Possibly there was a little mismatch in the metadata or simply that it forced calibre and the Kindle to rebuild things.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:18 AM   #64
tozzi
tozzi began at the beginning.

Device: marvin
Hi davidfor!

After installing Calibre 2.2.0, "iOS reader app 1.4.3", "Marvin XD 1.2.4" and "annotations 1.4.2", it's not possible to fetch annotations from "marvin" on my ipad. The device is not listed. Is there a workaround? Until calibre qt5 I went back to annotations 1.3.0 to get the annotations from my marvin reader. But after qt5 calibre 2.2 the devics has gone.

I would appreciate to get news and help about this.

ThankYou
tozzi
tozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:37 AM   #65
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

tozzi: The support for fetching annotations from Marvin has been removed from the Annotations plugin. Support for this was added to the Marvin plugin, so it seemed redundant. I haven't actually tried to fetch the annotations using the Marvin plugin, so I don't know how it works.
Advert
Old 09-05-2014, 07:13 AM   #66
tozzi

Thank you davidfor for your help.
Until now, it was very easy and practical to fetch the annotations from my marvin/ipad to the main calibre library to my pc. I didn't find a way in marvin xd to transfer them to calibre/pc. After reading on my ipad, I deleted the book and stored the annotations in calibre.

tozzi
Old 09-05-2014, 07:20 AM   #67
tozzi

hi davidfor!

I got it! I can work it out with marvin xd!!!

Thank you very much!!!

tozzi
Old 09-23-2014, 04:55 AM   #68
iplers
Banned
iplers began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I am happy with this plugin with a Kindle 3.

But when I ask it to fetch the notes, I get a list of books. Most are on green background. And everything works just fine. A few are on yellow. And it fails with this error:

Quote:
calibre, version 2.3.0
Error fetching annotations: <p>Unable to fetch annotations from Amazon Kindle.</p>

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 289, in fetch_device_annotations
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 1058, in process_selected_books
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.common_utils", line 349, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.message_box_ui", line 25, in setupUi
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'QPixmap'
Is there something I can do to fix it? The plugin sees the notes quite well in the "Preview"
iplers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:25 AM   #69
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@iplers: Hmm, I thought I had fixed that problem. But, I have made some changes to the code that should solve this. Could you try the attached version and tell me how it goes?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Annotations.zip (647.5 KB, 613 views)
Old 09-23-2014, 08:42 AM   #70
iplers
Banned

Excellent! It was 1.4.2, installed and never upgraded by Calibre. I manually installed this version and voila!

It not only works, but it shows even better: the issue. The title and author match, but the UUID doesn't. I have no idea why, because the book was uploaded by Calibre. Anyway, it did ask for a confirmation, along with a thumbnail of the book cover and than imported it allright. Super! Now I can remove the book to make some more storage on the device.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:15 AM   #71
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplers View Post
Excellent! It was 1.4.2, installed and never upgraded by Calibre. I manually installed this version and voila!
You were still on 1.4.1? I thought I had fixed that problem and released it. Not getting 1.4.2 would explain why you saw it. The new version I posted today goes a bit further to clean up some code I don't like.
Quote:
It not only works, but it shows even better: the issue. The title and author match, but the UUID doesn't. I have no idea why, because the book was uploaded by Calibre. Anyway, it did ask for a confirmation, along with a thumbnail of the book cover and than imported it allright. Super! Now I can remove the book to make some more storage on the device.
Unfortunately, with the way the calibre reads the Kindles and the annotations are stored on them, there isn't a guaranteed link between them. The plugin has to do some matching between them. That's what the different colours mean in the import dialog. I've always been surprised by this but I don't have a Kindle to test it with. The Kindle code was written by someone else.

This is also why there have been a few failures at this point. My testing is with my Kobo devices and they do have a link. That means the prompt isn't displayed and I have to make a small code change to force it. And I never remember to do it until after I release an update
Old 09-23-2014, 11:31 AM   #72
iplers
Banned

Well, the new version works like a charm.

Before installing the archive posted here, Calibre reported 1.4.2.

I have tried this time with all. It searched the database and started doing its job. No failure this time. Only it asked me if I want to go ahead with the mismatches. It has cleanly updated, no double annotation. Thank you for writing this pluging.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:22 PM   #73
iplers
Banned

I am certain it is 1.4.2 (the version with which I had trouble). I have checked the update and it is written 1.4.2 is dated August 1st. I have installed it in the last week. Your newer version cured the problem, although it is still listed as 1.4.2. Maybe a 1.4.2a would have made things more clear.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:24 PM   #74
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplers View Post
I am certain it is 1.4.2 (the version with which I had trouble). I have checked the update and it is written 1.4.2 is dated August 1st. I have installed it in the last week. Your newer version cured the problem, although it is still listed as 1.4.2. Maybe a 1.4.2a would have made things more clear.
The released version was probably working in some circumstances and not others. The version I did yesterday just rearranged a couple of things which should mean it works all the time. When I release this, I will update the version number to 1.4.3. That should be tonight or tomorrow night.
Old 09-27-2014, 06:04 PM   #75
richo
Connoisseur
richo began at the beginning.

Device: KOReader on: Kindle Paperwhite and Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The released version was probably working in some circumstances and not others. The version I did yesterday just rearranged a couple of things which should mean it works all the time. When I release this, I will update the version number to 1.4.3. That should be tonight or tomorrow night.
I had same issue as iplers. However, after using the zip file and not the 1.4.2 (which is still last one visible from calibre) it is all working fine!

I am quite new to this plugin and I have tried to find all the info reading messages in this forum. One thing I do not understand. I load annotations in the new column, they are all there, but why I can not see them in the book itself when using calibre's view book?
Why I can not see them when I send book from calibre to some other device?
richo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sampleexportingapp