Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-31-2014, 06:40 AM   #46
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martino G. View Post
Hi,
when i try to use the plugin (using "Fetch annotations from Kindle) i get the following error.

calibre, version 1.46.0
ERRORE: Eccezione non gestita: <b>TypeError</b>:_log() takes at most 2 arguments (3 given)

Thanks for your help and please forgive my english (I'm italian).
I added some extra logging in the Kindle routines in the last version. I've fixed it in the attached version. Could you try it and see how it goes?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Annotations.zip (647.4 KB, 632 views)
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:47 AM   #47
Martino G.
Martino G. began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Now it works, thanks!
There's a way to import the notes without timestamp or location? Only the text of the notes?
Thanks.
Martino
Martino G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2014, 02:09 AM   #48
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martino G. View Post
Now it works, thanks!
Good. The new version has been posted.
Quote:
There's a way to import the notes without timestamp or location? Only the text of the notes?
Yes and no. You can't completely get rid of it, but you can change styles for the annotations. Adding "display:none" in for the timestamp will hide them. Unfortunately, this also hides the divider between the annotations. Selecting the "add horizontal line" option will put a line between them.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:29 AM   #49
turelur
turelur began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Plugin Stopped Working - Dropbox or Matching Problem?

Dear David,

Thank you so much for this wonderful plugin and the ongoing support you are providing. Having encountered the problem of not being able to store the annotations I made on my Kindle within the mobi-file itself, the Annotations plugin saved quite a bit of work.

Now it has stopped working though. I am not sure what I did – it may have to do with the process of migrating my ebook library into Dropbox, but I am not sure. What happens is this:

I have matched the books on my Kindle with the appropriate books in my library. When I mount the Kindle and click on the Annotations button, I get as far as the list of books with annotations on the Kindle, and I can even preview the annotations thereon. I just realised the matching status is shown as red. So perhaps the "match book to library" process did not work? But it worked before! I am quite frustrated. Can you help, please?

This is the debug log:
Spoiler:

2014-08-17 17:30:36.380 calibre-debug[56876:507] modalSession has been exited prematurely - check for a reentrant call to endModalSession:
2014-08-17 17:30:38.650 Calibre[56885:507] deliverNotificationWithTitle()
* Notification delivered.
2014-08-17 17:30:50.854 calibre-debug[56876:507] modalSession has been exited prematurely - check for a reentrant call to endModalSession:
calibre Debug log
calibre 1.48 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Darwin-13.3.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '13.3.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 13.3.0: Tue Jun 3 21:27:35 PDT 2014; root:xnu-2422.110.17~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.5
OSX: ('10.9.4', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Starting up...
DEBUG: 0.0 Error loading QT5: No module named PyQt5.Qt
DEBUG: 0.0 Error loading QT5: No module named PyQt5
DEBUG: 0.0 Error loading QT5: No module named PyQt5.QtCore
Started up in 13.08 seconds with 198 books
Job: 1 Get device information started
DeviceJob: 1 Get device information done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 1 Get device information callback returned
Job: 2 Get list of books on device started
DEBUG: 14.5 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= None
DEBUG: 14.5 USBMS: dirs are: /Volumes/Kindle 1/ documents
DEBUG: 14.6 USBMS: scan from root False /Volumes/Kindle 1/documents
DEBUG: 14.6 USBMS: count found in cache: 69, count of files in metadata: 69, need_sync: False
DEBUG: 14.6 USBMS: Finished fetching list of books from device. oncard= None
DEBUG: 14.6 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= carda
DEBUG: 14.6 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= cardb
DeviceJob: 2 Get list of books on device done, calling callback
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: Starting set_books_in_library
DeviceJob: set_books_in_library: books to process= 69
DeviceJob: set_books_in_library finished: time= 0.00801706314087
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: updating views
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: syncing
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: refreshing ondevice
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: sending metadata_available signal
DeviceJob: 2 Get list of books on device callback returned
Job: 1 Get device information finished
No details available.
Job: 2 Get list of books on device finished
No details available.
DeviceJob: set_books_in_library: books to process= 69
DeviceJob: set_books_in_library finished: time= 0.136729001999
Job: 3 Send metadata to device started
DEBUG: 30.8 USBMS: starting sync_booklists
DEBUG: 30.9 USBMS: finished sync_booklists
DeviceJob: 3 Send metadata to device done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 3 Send metadata to device callback returned
Job: 3 Send metadata to device finished
No details available.

Last edited by theducks; 08-17-2014 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Wrapped long paste in Spoiler
turelur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 02:24 AM   #50
benbos
benbos began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, phone running Android 4.1.2
ADE (and therefore android) support?

In the previous thread, there was talk about how the Kobo annotation system is based off of the ADE annotation system. I would love to be able to use this plugin with some sort of reading app on Android, and it looks like Mantano annotations use ADE (though only through the mantano database, not through an external file) - is there any chance that the work you've done for Kobo might translate to ADE?

Thanks!
benbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2014, 02:49 AM   #51
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turelur View Post
Dear David,

Thank you so much for this wonderful plugin and the ongoing support you are providing. Having encountered the problem of not being able to store the annotations I made on my Kindle within the mobi-file itself, the Annotations plugin saved quite a bit of work.

Now it has stopped working though. I am not sure what I did – it may have to do with the process of migrating my ebook library into Dropbox, but I am not sure. What happens is this:

I have matched the books on my Kindle with the appropriate books in my library. When I mount the Kindle and click on the Annotations button, I get as far as the list of books with annotations on the Kindle, and I can even preview the annotations thereon. I just realised the matching status is shown as red. So perhaps the "match book to library" process did not work? But it worked before! I am quite frustrated. Can you help, please?
If I read this and the other thread correctly, when the Kindle is connected, calibre is not showing the books that are on the device as in the library. Is that correct? If so, that needs to be solved before the annotations plugin will work.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:58 AM   #52
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbos View Post
In the previous thread, there was talk about how the Kobo annotation system is based off of the ADE annotation system. I would love to be able to use this plugin with some sort of reading app on Android, and it looks like Mantano annotations use ADE (though only through the mantano database, not through an external file) - is there any chance that the work you've done for Kobo might translate to ADE?
Kobo devices use the RMSDK to read epubs and PDF. It generates the positions for the reading position and annotations. On the device, the annotations can be stored in two places. The database and an annotations file. The annotations file is only used for epubs and PDFs that are in the main memory. This is the same format as ADE uses. I have pulled the file from the device and gotten ADE on the PC to use it. This took a little fiddling as there are some ids in the file that must match the book being read.

If you want to look at the annotations file, they are in "Digitial Editions/Annotations". Within that, the directory and file structure mirrors where the books are on the device. The file name is the same as the book with the extension "annot" added.

The database could be used for this as the positions are stored in the same way. But, someone would need to write the code to generate the annotations file. It shouldn't be that hard to do, but I haven't seen the point as yet.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:39 AM   #53
turelur

David, thanks again for your help. I have no idea why communication between Kindle and Calibre stopped working properly. Kindle did an update recently though. So should I post this in another section of this forum? Thanks again, kind regards, Christian
Old 08-18-2014, 07:08 AM   #54
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

You could ask in the Kindle forum, but if your other posts here don't get an answer, I don't know if you would elsewhere. I just noticed in the other posts you are using a Mac. Something to check is that the Mac has write access to the device. There has been problems with the Kobo devices when for some reason a Mac mounted the device read-only. Fixing that, made it work again.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:03 PM   #55
turelur

Please bear with me for just one attempt more at solving this. I have matched the books with my library. It didn't seem to have worked at first, but when I restarted Calibre, all the books on the Kindle were displayed with the correct covers. So it seems to have done the matching after all. Then I tried to fetch annotations from Kindle via the plugin. The list of books on the device with annotations was yellow this time. And when I clicked on Import, there was an error message. This is what the debug log says:

2014-08-18 21:58:10.312 calibre-debug[5706:507] modalSession has been exited prematurely - check for a reentrant call to endModalSession:
2014-08-18 21:58:20.799 Calibre[6085:507] deliverNotificationWithTitle()
2014-08-18 21:59:00.716 calibre-debug[5706:507] modalSession has been exited prematurely - check for a reentrant call to endModalSession:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 289, in fetch_device_annotations
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 1058, in process_selected_books
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.common_utils", line 349, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.message_box_ui", line 50, in setupUi
TypeError: C++ type 'accepted()' is not supported as a pyqtSignal() type argument type
2014-08-18 21:59:04.386 calibre-debug[5706:507] modalSession has been exited prematurely - check for a reentrant call to endModalSession:
calibre Debug log
calibre 1.48 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Darwin-13.3.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '13.3.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 13.3.0: Tue Jun 3 21:27:35 PDT 2014; root:xnu-2422.110.17~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.5
OSX: ('10.9.4', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Starting up...
DEBUG: 0.0 Error loading QT5: No module named PyQt5.Qt
DEBUG: 0.0 Error loading QT5: No module named PyQt5
DEBUG: 0.0 Error loading QT5: No module named PyQt5.QtCore
Started up in 5.03 seconds with 201 books
Job: 1 Get device information started
DeviceJob: 1 Get device information done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 1 Get device information callback returned
Job: 2 Get list of books on device started
DEBUG: 14.6 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= None
DEBUG: 14.6 USBMS: dirs are: /Volumes/Kindle/ documents
DEBUG: 14.6 USBMS: scan from root False /Volumes/Kindle/documents
DEBUG: 14.6 USBMS: count found in cache: 60, count of files in metadata: 60, need_sync: False
DEBUG: 14.6 USBMS: Finished fetching list of books from device. oncard= None
DEBUG: 14.6 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= carda
DEBUG: 14.6 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= cardb
DeviceJob: 2 Get list of books on device done, calling callback
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: Starting set_books_in_library
DeviceJob: set_books_in_library: books to process= 60
DeviceJob: set_books_in_library finished: time= 0.0103440284729
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: updating views
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: syncing
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: refreshing ondevice
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: sending metadata_available signal
DeviceJob: 2 Get list of books on device callback returned
Job: 1 Get device information finished
No details available.
No details available.
No details available.

Is there something here you can work with? Can you help please?

Kind regards,

Christian
Old 08-18-2014, 11:50 PM   #56
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Please bear with me for just one attempt more at solving this. I have matched the books with my library. It didn't seem to have worked at first, but when I restarted Calibre, all the books on the Kindle were displayed with the correct covers. So it seems to have done the matching after all.
If the library has a tick next to the books that are on the device, then it has worked.
Quote:
Then I tried to fetch annotations from Kindle via the plugin. The list of books on the device with annotations was yellow this time. And when I clicked on Import, there was an error message. This is what the debug log says:

2014-08-18 21:58:10.312 calibre-debug[5706:507] modalSession has been exited prematurely - check for a reentrant call to endModalSession:
2014-08-18 21:58:20.799 Calibre[6085:507] deliverNotificationWithTitle()
2014-08-18 21:59:00.716 calibre-debug[5706:507] modalSession has been exited prematurely - check for a reentrant call to endModalSession:
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 289, in fetch_device_annotations
TypeError: C++ type 'accepted()' is not supported as a pyqtSignal() type argument type
That is an error I know about and I fixed the other day. But, I haven't published it yet. Could you try the attached version and see if it works?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Annotations-test.zip (647.4 KB, 602 views)
Old 08-19-2014, 07:02 AM   #57
turelur

Will do! Thanks a million!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If the library has a tick next to the books that are on the device, then it has worked.

That is an error I know about and I fixed the other day. But, I haven't published it yet. Could you try the attached version and see if it works?
Old 08-19-2014, 01:50 PM   #58
turelur

Quote:
Will do! Thanks a million!
Nope. No success. This is what the plugin alert says:

calibre, version 1.48.0
Error fetching annotations: <p>Unable to fetch annotations from Amazon Kindle.</p>

Any idea what's happening here?
Old 08-21-2014, 11:37 AM   #59
turelur

Anyone?

Quote:
Nope. No success. This is what the plugin alert says:

calibre, version 1.48.0
Error fetching annotations: <p>Unable to fetch annotations from Amazon Kindle.</p>

Any idea what's happening here?
Old 08-22-2014, 12:48 AM   #60
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

I haven't been able to reproduce this and I just realised why. For the Kobo devices, the import doesn't need to prompt to check the annotations are being applied to the correct book. It is needed for the Kindle.

I was able to force it through this code and it was obvious what the problem was. Please try the attached version.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Annotations.zip (647.4 KB, 574 views)

Tags
sampleexportingapp