Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-29-2014, 01:42 AM   #16
Digital_Restrict
Digital_Restrict began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3, Android, Win7x64
Error and device info

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Yes, post the error and any information that you think could help.
Oh hello ! Thanks for the quick reply.

Okay so my OS and Calibre info is in the log that I will paste here. I'm trying to use version 1.4 of the plugin with my Kindle Keyboard (firmware v3.4). The Kindle is jailbroken but it's only filled with books purchased and downloaded from Amazon.

Also of note: strangely, the "my clippings.txt" file is absent from the \documents folder on the Kindle. However, all my notes and highlights appear properly and sync on my books, whether I use the Kindle, Kindle for PC or Kindle for Android app. The absence of the "my clippings.txt" from my Kindle is contrary to all the how-tos I've found about importing/converting clippings...

Here is the log entry for when I try to use the plugin

Code:
calibre, version 1.42.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found

calibre 1.42 [64bit]  isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7600 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7600')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7600', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 328, in fetch_usb_device_annotations
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 518, in get_annotated_books_on_usb_device
  File "c:\users\xavier\appdata\local\temp\calibre_annotations_plugin\Kindle.py", line 68, in get_active_annotations
  File "c:\users\xavier\appdata\local\temp\calibre_annotations_plugin\Kindle.py", line 310, in _parse_my_clippings
  File "c:\users\xavier\appdata\local\temp\calibre_annotations_plugin\ParseKindleMyClippingsTxt.py", line 275, in FromFileName
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found
I have tried googling this specific "NoneType found" error, but the results are too technical for me. I am very proficient with computers, and when I'm not I'm proficient at google too so I usually find my way, but I know absolutely nothing about programming.

Thanks a lot ! Have a good evening =)
Digital_Restrict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:59 AM   #17
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
My Clippings.txt is a log of the notes you have taken on any specific Kindle. It is completely independent of notes appearing in the book and being synced.

It is, however, needed by this plugin in order to import notes, since the binary files the Kindle software uses have not been reverse-engineered to my knowledge.
(Maybe they have been but this is simpler? Could be, I suppose.)

I believe this error message is saying it tried to convert a nonexistent My Clippings.txt (NoneType). Perhaps this error should be properly caught... with a warning.

Last edited by eschwartz; 06-29-2014 at 02:05 AM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2014, 02:49 AM   #18
Digital_Restrict

Change of situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
My Clippings.txt is a log of the notes you have taken on any specific Kindle. It is completely independent of notes appearing in the book and being synced.
I see. Thank for the clarification.

Okay, so my situation has changed. I have pulled up a random book, made some random notes and highlights in it, synced and then rebooted my Kindle. Now the "my clippings.txt" has (re)appeared in the \documents folder.

When I run the plugin, there is no error, just a popup that says "no annotated books found on device - Unable to find any annotations on Amazon Kindle matching books in your library".

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I believe this error message is saying it tried to convert a nonexistent My Clippings.txt (NoneType). Perhaps this error should be properly caught... with a warning.
Looks like you were right ! But I'm still locked out of my notes and marks. No way yet to make the full transition away from Amazon !

Additional info: The books on my Kindle are all matched to books in my library. The books in my Calibre library are DRM-free .azw and .mobi books, since I imported them from my Kindle with ApprenticeAlf's plugin enabled. I don't know if that changes anything.

Thanks again for the support. For now I cannot see clearly anymore, I'm going to bed and hopefully tomorrow we'll sort things out !

Have a good night

Last edited by Digital_Restrict; 06-29-2014 at 03:01 AM. Reason: to quote eschwartz, whose post I had missed
Old 06-29-2014, 06:39 AM   #19
pedrogaza
pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!pedrogaza goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Kobo Mini
Quote:
  • As theducks said, the Kobo Utilities plugin includes a function.
  • Calibre has a a "Fetch annotations" function that gets them and adds them to the comments field.
  • If you add "ExportHighlights=true" to the "FeatureSettings" section of the devices config file, a menu item will be added to the books menu in in the library list on the device to export them as a text file on the device.
  • There have been a few scripts or apps posted in the Kobo forum over the years. A search there should find them.
Thanks for the answer.
  • I had tried Kobo Utilities. But I can't find a way to put the annotations from calibre to kobo.
  • Same for «Fetch annotations»
  • I do not try your third solutions, but I do not want a text file on the Kobo, I want annotations to appear when I read a book on Kobo.
  • I made a crap script for saving from Kobo to calibre and restore from calibre to Kobo. If I have time this summer I will do a cleaner version, but I will try to find scripts you were talking about on the forum.

Pierre
pedrogaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:04 AM   #20
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Restrict View Post
I see. Thank for the clarification.

Okay, so my situation has changed. I have pulled up a random book, made some random notes and highlights in it, synced and then rebooted my Kindle. Now the "my clippings.txt" has (re)appeared in the \documents folder.
Good to hear that solved the error. I'll add a check for the file so that it doesn't give an error.
Quote:
When I run the plugin, there is no error, just a popup that says "no annotated books found on device - Unable to find any annotations on Amazon Kindle matching books in your library".

Looks like you were right ! But I'm still locked out of my notes and marks. No way yet to make the full transition away from Amazon !

Additional info: The books on my Kindle are all matched to books in my library. The books in my Calibre library are DRM-free .azw and .mobi books, since I imported them from my Kindle with ApprenticeAlf's plugin enabled. I don't know if that changes anything.

Thanks again for the support. For now I cannot see clearly anymore, I'm going to bed and hopefully tomorrow we'll sort things out !
I don't know why they don't match. I would like to see a debug log. To get this, restart calibre in debug mode, connect the Kindle and then do the annotations import. Once that is done, close calibre and post the debug log. I can look through that to try and see what is happening.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2014, 07:14 AM   #21
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrogaza View Post
Thanks for the answer.
  • I had tried Kobo Utilities. But I can't find a way to put the annotations from calibre to kobo.
  • Same for «Fetch annotations»
  • I do not try your third solutions, but I do not want a text file on the Kobo, I want annotations to appear when I read a book on Kobo.
  • I made a crap script for saving from Kobo to calibre and restore from calibre to Kobo. If I have time this summer I will do a cleaner version, but I will try to find scripts you were talking about on the forum.
Ah, you want to send annotations to the device. Sorry, I don't know of any tools/plugins/scripts that will do that. The bookmarks are stored in the database, so a little SQL is what is needed to do it. I have done it a couple of times, but haven't had the need to automate it.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:51 AM   #22
Digital_Restrict

Post Debug log

Quote:
Good to hear that solved the error. I'll add a check for the file so that it doesn't give an error.
Good idea, it will be less scary hehehe

Quote:
I don't know why they don't match. I would like to see a debug log.
Thank you so much!!

Code:
calibre Debug log
Python 2.7.5
Starting up...
Job: 1 Get device information started
Started up in 11.44 seconds with 62 books
DeviceJob: 1 Get device information done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 1 Get device information callback returned
Job: 2 Get list of books on device started
DEBUG:    0.0 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= None
DEBUG:    0.0 USBMS: dirs are: F:\ documents
DEBUG:    0.1 USBMS: scan from root False F:\documents
DEBUG:    0.3 USBMS: count found in cache: 22, count of files in metadata: 22, need_sync: False
DEBUG:    0.3 USBMS: Finished fetching list of books from device. oncard= None
DEBUG:    0.3 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= carda
DEBUG:    0.3 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= cardb
DeviceJob: 2 Get list of books on device done, calling callback
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: Starting set_books_in_library
DeviceJob: set_books_in_library: books to process= 22
DeviceJob: set_books_in_library finished: time= 0.00600004196167
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: updating views
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: syncing
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: refreshing ondevice
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: sending metadata_available signal
DeviceJob: 2 Get list of books on device callback returned
Job: 3 Send metadata to device started
DEBUG:    0.3 USBMS: starting sync_booklists
DEBUG:    0.7 USBMS: finished sync_booklists
DeviceJob: 3 Send metadata to device done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 3 Send metadata to device callback returned
Job: 1 Get device information finished
No details available.
Job: 2 Get list of books on device finished
No details available.
Job: 3 Send metadata to device finished
No details available.
No details available.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:41 PM   #23
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Woops. I forgot the plugin has an option to turn debug output on. Could you turn that on and repeat? The output will be a lot longer.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:28 AM   #24
Digital_Restrict

Post debug log take two

Quote:
Woops. I forgot the plugin has an option to turn debug output on. Could you turn that on and repeat? The output will be a lot longer.
No worries. I thought the log did not seem very informative when I reviewed it before posting! Here it is:

Code:
calibre Debug log
Python 2.7.5
Starting up...
DEBUG:    0.0  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Annotations plugin 1.4.0 (Windows) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DEBUG:    0.0 AnnotationsAction:init_options(disable_caching: False) 
DEBUG:    0.0 AnnotationsDB:connect(db_version: 1) 
DEBUG:    0.0 AnnotationsAction:load_dynamic_reader_classes() 
DEBUG:    0.0   loading built-in class 'GoodReader'
DEBUG:    0.0   loading built-in class 'Kindle'
DEBUG:    0.0   loading built-in class 'KoboTouch'
DEBUG:    0.0   loading built-in class 'ParseKindleMyClippingsTxt'
DEBUG:    0.0 AnnotationsAction:inflate_dialog_resources() 
DEBUG:    0.0 CompileUI:compile_ui() 
DEBUG:    0.0   recompiling C:\Users\Xavier\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\annotations_resources\dialogs\cc_wizard.ui
DEBUG:    0.1   recompiling C:\Users\Xavier\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\annotations_resources\dialogs\new_destination.ui
Started up in 17.71 seconds with 62 books
DEBUG:   18.2 AnnotationsAction:on_device_connection_changed(Amazon Kindle) 
DEBUG:   18.3 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= None
DEBUG:   18.3 USBMS: dirs are: F:\ documents
DEBUG:   18.4 USBMS: scan from root False F:\documents
No details available.
DEBUG:   18.6 USBMS: count found in cache: 22, count of files in metadata: 22, need_sync: True
DEBUG:   18.6 USBMS: starting sync_booklists
DEBUG:   19.9 USBMS: finished sync_booklists
DEBUG:   19.9 USBMS: Finished fetching list of books from device. oncard= None
DEBUG:   19.9 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= carda
DEBUG:   19.9 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= cardb
DeviceJob: set_books_in_library finished: time= 0.0110001564026
DEBUG:   19.9 USBMS: starting sync_booklists
DEBUG:   20.1 USBMS: finished sync_booklists
No details available.
No details available.
DEBUG:   21.9 AnnotationsAction:launch_library_scanner(updating library index) 
DEBUG:   22.0 AnnotationsAction:library_index_complete() 
DEBUG:   27.3 AnnotationsAction:get_annotated_books_on_usb_device() 
DEBUG:   27.3  Kindle:get_installed_books()
No details available.
DEBUG:   28.3  Kindle:get_active_annotations()
DEBUG:   28.5 AnnotationsAction:fetch_device_annotations(Amazon Kindle) 
DEBUG:   30.2 AnnotationsAction:fetch_device_annotations(INFO: <p>Unable to find any annotations on Amazon Kindle matching books in your library.</p>) 
DEBUG:   35.8 AnnotationsAction:shutting_down()
I would also like to add some context, if that might help (skip to last paragraph for tl;dr). I really want to sever all ties with proprietary ecosystem/apps, manage my own library, set up my own cloud etc. I had been thinking about it for a while and now I'm going for it. I still want to buy ebooks, but I am leaning very much towards the idea of using my books in any way I see fit, once purchased and downloaded.

I am doing an M.Sc and using tons of ebooks as sources. I was fine with Kindle until I started finding some books I needed only from alternative sources. Amazon does not extend WhisperSync services to personal documents or side-loaded books. I am searching for the best way - for me - to sync reading progress and annotations and notes etc. across my devices, using free and/or open-source apps and software as much as possible. I am researching all options now so it's not done yet. By the way, any advice would be welcomed! I use Windows 7, Linux, Android and a Kindle 3. Cross-platform software is preferred, and future devices will be chosen with Calibre integration and hacking community as top criteria.

How is all this relevant to the topic here? As long as I could get my highlights/notes, I'd be happy. I will probably be wiping my Kindle anyways and flash it with a third-party firmware (Duokan, Aldiko...) so I won't need to sync "my clippings" though Amazon anymore, I just want to transfer them into my library (my multiple-backup library) once and for all.

In other words, any solution would do, provided it creates annotations in Calibre that I can consult and edit and add to using the software/apps I will now be using to work with ebooks. I'm looking at FBreader, Coolreader, Evince, Okular.... Moon+... I'm in the process of finding out and testing the highlights/notes editing and syncing they might offer, and their integration with Calibre.

So the solution to my problem may well be this plugin, if we can get it to work thanks to your help davidfor (or the help of other honoured members of this forum who happen to be reading this thread). But in the meantime, I'm trying to figure out another method, maybe less automated than a neat plugin. See attached picture and comment if you are curious or aware of a different tactic.

tl;dr: My only objective is to import my Amazon Kindle notes and highlights into Calibre so I can append them permanently to my ebooks, that I now manage with Calibre. Although it would be nice, it would not be necessary to sync the notes on the Kindle after they are imported in Calibre.

THANKS ! ! !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotations plugin problem alternative.PNG
Views:	946
Size:	452.9 KB
ID:	124769  
Old 06-30-2014, 03:27 AM   #25
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

OK, I'm still feeling my way with some of this code, especially that for the specific devices. But, I've had a look at the Kindle code.

What book did you have selected when you started the annotations import? Was it one on the device? With annotations? If not, could you try it again with a book selected that is definitely on the device. Also try starting it with all the books on the device selected. That shouldn't work, but I want to know what message it gives.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:23 PM   #26
Digital_Restrict

Post log #3

Quote:
What book did you have selected when you started the annotations import? Was it one on the device? With annotations?
Yes, it was the one I had used to make random annotations so that the "my clippings.txt" file reappeared. Definately on the device and as attested by the green tick marks, definitely matched to my library. Also, the notes/highlights were properly synced with my other Amazon devices as well, in case that's useful to know.

Quote:
could you try it again with a book selected that is definitely on the device. Also try starting it with all the books on the device selected. That shouldn't work, but I want to know what message it gives.
Roger that, here goes. This log shows me launching the plugin with all books that are on the device selected, and then my test book, and then another book full of annotations but that I did not further alter.

Code:
calibre Debug log
Python 2.7.5
Starting up...
DEBUG:    0.0  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Annotations plugin 1.4.0 (Windows) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DEBUG:    0.0 AnnotationsAction:init_options(disable_caching: False) 
DEBUG:    0.0 AnnotationsDB:connect(db_version: 1) 
DEBUG:    0.0 AnnotationsAction:load_dynamic_reader_classes() 
DEBUG:    0.0   loading built-in class 'GoodReader'
DEBUG:    0.0   loading built-in class 'Kindle'
DEBUG:    0.0   loading built-in class 'KoboTouch'
DEBUG:    0.0   loading built-in class 'ParseKindleMyClippingsTxt'
DEBUG:    0.0 AnnotationsAction:inflate_dialog_resources() 
DEBUG:    0.0 CompileUI:compile_ui() 
DEBUG:    0.0   recompiling C:\Users\Xavier\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\annotations_resources\dialogs\cc_wizard.ui
DEBUG:    0.1   recompiling C:\Users\Xavier\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\annotations_resources\dialogs\new_destination.ui
Started up in 2.81 seconds with 62 books
DEBUG:   10.8 AnnotationsAction:on_device_connection_changed(Amazon Kindle) 
DEBUG:   11.0 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= None
DEBUG:   11.0 USBMS: dirs are: F:\ documents
DEBUG:   11.0 USBMS: scan from root False F:\documents
DEBUG:   11.2 USBMS: count found in cache: 22, count of files in metadata: 22, need_sync: False
DEBUG:   11.2 USBMS: Finished fetching list of books from device. oncard= None
DEBUG:   11.2 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= carda
DEBUG:   11.2 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= cardb
DeviceJob: set_books_in_library finished: time= 0.00600004196167
DEBUG:   11.3 USBMS: starting sync_booklists
No details available.
No details available.
DEBUG:   11.5 USBMS: finished sync_booklists
No details available.
DEBUG:   22.3 AnnotationsAction:launch_library_scanner(updating library index) 
DEBUG:   22.4 AnnotationsAction:library_index_complete() 
DEBUG:   23.8 AnnotationsAction:get_annotated_books_on_usb_device() 
DEBUG:   23.8  Kindle:get_installed_books()
DEBUG:   24.5  Kindle:get_active_annotations()
No details available.
DEBUG:   24.7 AnnotationsAction:fetch_device_annotations(Amazon Kindle) 
DEBUG:   26.0 AnnotationsAction:fetch_device_annotations(INFO: <p>Unable to find any annotations on Amazon Kindle matching books in your library.</p>) 
DEBUG:   36.9 AnnotationsAction:launch_library_scanner(library index current) 
DEBUG:   38.6 AnnotationsAction:get_annotated_books_on_usb_device() 
DEBUG:   38.6  Kindle:get_installed_books()
No details available.
DEBUG:   39.3  Kindle:get_active_annotations()
DEBUG:   39.4 AnnotationsAction:fetch_device_annotations(Amazon Kindle) 
DEBUG:   40.9 AnnotationsAction:fetch_device_annotations(INFO: <p>Unable to find any annotations on Amazon Kindle matching books in your library.</p>) 
DEBUG:   53.1 AnnotationsAction:launch_library_scanner(library index current) 
DEBUG:   54.5 AnnotationsAction:get_annotated_books_on_usb_device() 
DEBUG:   54.5  Kindle:get_installed_books()
No details available.
DEBUG:   55.2  Kindle:get_active_annotations()
DEBUG:   55.3 AnnotationsAction:fetch_device_annotations(Amazon Kindle) 
DEBUG:   56.6 AnnotationsAction:fetch_device_annotations(INFO: <p>Unable to find any annotations on Amazon Kindle matching books in your library.</p>) 
DEBUG:   61.0 AnnotationsAction:shutting_down()
Thanks again, and have a good day !!!
Old 07-01-2014, 10:02 AM   #27
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Hmm, it is finding books but not matching them to the annotations. I think I need to add some extra debug logging to better see what is going on. Unfortunately, I don't have a Kindle to test with, so I have to be careful.

Something that could help is a copy of the clippings file and the calibre database. That should help me work out why the titles and authors aren't matching. You probably don't want to attach them here, so if you can put them somewhere I can download them. Or I can send you a PM with an email address to send them to.
Old 07-03-2014, 03:23 AM   #28
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Digital_Restrict: I've had a little think and look at the code. I need some more information. So, I have added some code to the Kindle importer to display the title of the books found on the device and in the clippings file. As this is written to the debug log, debugging must be turned on in the plugin and calibre run in debug mode. I have attached a version to this post to try.

Unfortunately, I don't have a Kindle device, so I can't test the changes. It should be OK unless I made a typo somewhere. If so, post the error, I'll fix it and try again.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Annotations-Kindletest.zip (646.8 KB, 679 views)
Old 07-08-2014, 10:53 PM   #29
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Beta for calibre change to Qt5

Attached is a test version that should work for both the existing 1.X calibre and the upcoming 2.X version calibre. 2.x will use PyQt5 which requires changes to virtually all plugins.

This version needs to be tested with the existing calibre.

Brave souls to test with with the beta 2.X version would also be appreciated. Links to the 2.X beta and discussion of the transition (for plugins) can be see at: Attn plugin developers: calibre moving to Qt 5.

Last edited by davidfor; 07-29-2014 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Removed beta as it has been released.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:13 PM   #30
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
On both versions (main and qt5) I am getting this error in the logs:

Code:
  File "/home/eschwartz/git/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 410, in initialize
    ac.initialization_complete()
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 729, in initialization_complete
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 1073, in rebuild_menus
AttributeError: 'AnnotationsAction' object has no attribute 'menu'
The icon is gone and the menu is no longer clickable.

calibre 1.201.1* (beta, running from source).
calibre 1.44* (main, running from source).

When I go to Preferences ==> Plugins and try to customize it, I get:
Code:
calibre, version 1.201.2
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'AnnotationsAction' object has no attribute 'opts'

calibre 1.201.2*  isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Linux-3.14.6-1-ARCH-i686-with-glibc2.0 Linux ('32bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '3.14.6-1-ARCH', '#1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Jun 8 10:57:49 CEST 2014')
Python 2.7.8
Linux: ('', '', '')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Kindle Collections && Open With && Quality Check && KindleUnpack - The Plugin && Overdrive Link && Goodreads Sync && Annotations && Modify ePub && Overdrive Link
  File "/home/eschwartz/git/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/preferences/plugins.py", line 289, in double_clicked
    self.modify_plugin(op='customize')
  File "/home/eschwartz/git/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/preferences/plugins.py", line 368, in modify_plugin
    if plugin.do_user_config(self.gui):
  File "/home/eschwartz/git/calibre/src/calibre/customize/__init__.py", line 150, in do_user_config
    config_widget = self.config_widget()
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.__init__", line 28, in config_widget
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.config", line 67, in __init__
AttributeError: 'AnnotationsAction' object has no attribute 'opts'

Last edited by eschwartz; 07-14-2014 at 05:38 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sampleexportingapp