Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-11-2013, 07:34 AM   #31
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Glo with firmware 2.40
Calibre 0.9.34
Extended Touch/Glo driver 1.42
Kobo Utilities 1.0.0

I have followed the config instructions for Utilities and have a custom column set up named "percentread" of type "Integer". This is referenced in the Utility setup (as #percentread).

I connect my Glo and use the Utility menu to "Store" the current bookmarks of a single book I am currently reading which has a single annotation.

Utilities reports one book, no bookmarks found and the Percent Read column in my Library is not updated with any value.

Do I need to make any config changes to the Extended Driver ?

Thoughts would be appreciated as to what I am doing wrong.
Sorry, I knew there was something I forgot to mention or fix. This is only retrieving the reading location for epubs. For this, I ignore kepubs because they get synced to the Kobo server. But, of course I forgot about the extended driver. Well, it didn't exist when I initially wrote this, but I haven't gotten around to adding them. It shouldn't be to hard, so I will do that in the next few days.

Also, I have been inconsistent with my terminology. I keep using "bookmark", because I think of using a bookmark in a paperback to remember where I am up to*. Kobo allows multiple bookmarks. This function is only looking at the current reading position. i.e. The place the book will open to.

Annotations and the tap-the-top-corner bookmarks aren't handled by this. The two annotation options in the plugin do. But, the Annotations plugin does a much better job of handling them. I plan to write the code so that it can read the Kobo devices. I have done enough to know it is possible, but need to return to it.

* For a long time I used train tickets for bookmarks. Every now and then I get a book out and find a fading ticket. I can then see when I last read it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #32
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Sorry,
* For a long time I used train tickets for bookmarks. Every now and then I get a book out and find a fading ticket. I can then see when I last read it.
You have Train Tickets.

We switched to the Clipper Card a while back. You now 'Tag on' (and 'Tag Off' when required) when you ride Transit. No more free(ish) bookmarks (some of my books have those same kind still in place )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #33
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You have Train Tickets.

We switched to the Clipper Card a while back. You now 'Tag on' (and 'Tag Off' when required) when you ride Transit. No more free(ish) bookmarks (some of my books have those same kind still in place )
We're a bit backward down under. The current tickets have a magnetic stripe. They are just introducing some sort of swipe card, but not yet on the line I use.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:48 AM   #34
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
We're a bit backward down under. The current tickets have a magnetic stripe. They are just introducing some sort of swipe card, but not yet on the line I use.
Clipper is a 'contactless ststem' (RFID?). You don't even have to remove it from your wallet in many cases, just hold it over the 'Pad' at the gate.

The Guard has a hand-held that can validate that there is a active 'Tag on' for that transit mode registered in the Clipper system.
1 card to rule them all now in the Bay Area
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #35
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Sorry, I knew there was something I forgot to mention or fix. This is only retrieving the reading location for epubs. For this, I ignore kepubs because they get synced to the Kobo server. But, of course I forgot about the extended driver. Well, it didn't exist when I initially wrote this, but I haven't gotten around to adding them. It shouldn't be to hard, so I will do that in the next few days.

Also, I have been inconsistent with my terminology. I keep using "bookmark", because I think of using a bookmark in a paperback to remember where I am up to*. Kobo allows multiple bookmarks. This function is only looking at the current reading position. i.e. The place the book will open to.

Annotations and the tap-the-top-corner bookmarks aren't handled by this. The two annotation options in the plugin do. But, the Annotations plugin does a much better job of handling them. I plan to write the code so that it can read the Kobo devices. I have done enough to know it is possible, but need to return to it.
Thanks for explaining that - I was pretty sure I was following the instructions - now I understand why I wasn't getting the expected results.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #36
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Glad to read this
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #37
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Is there any way that the restore bookmark function could be made to run from the device screens? Or a custom column made on the library screen to display the Im_reading and Read status?

I have a lot of books on my Aura and thought I would bite the bullet and do them all. 4 hours and it was still running with calibre not responding.

I know this is a lot to ask as most people only have one or two books that they are reading/finished, but it sure would be nice for me

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #38
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Thanks for explaining that - I was pretty sure I was following the instructions - now I understand why I wasn't getting the expected results. BobC
You are not the only one.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #39
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thanks for explaining that - I was pretty sure I was following the instructions - now I understand why I wasn't getting the expected results.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Glad to read this
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
You are not the only one.
You will all be happy to know it was only slightly harder than I expected. It needs a little more testing. I have attached it to this post for anyone to try.

This also has the first cut of adding a database trigger for dismissing unwanted tiles. Same function as before, but some extra options that mean the trigger is generated from the options and installed. It doesn't have the options that taming wants to hid the newly added books, but that is mainly because I need to think about what to present. I am also a little less comfortable about doing this. If I get it wrong, then you might end up with an empty home screen. Though I'm sure someone would think that was a good idea.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboUtilities-1.1.0-beta.zip (96.8 KB, 904 views)
Old 06-11-2013, 09:37 PM   #40
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Does the trigger get installed automatically when I select options to dismiss? While yes, I do see Trigger options in the new plugin, they seem to be related to reading status.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #41
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

That's terrible. I copied code and forgot to change the name. I don't even think I read it while I was testing. The checkbox should read "Change database trigger". I also need to add the tooltips.

These options will not get saved as I want it to be a deliberate decision each time.

And I didn't actually answer the question.

To install the trigger, you have to check the "Change reading status/Change database trigger" checkbox and select the "Create trigger" radio button. The trigger is generated using the tile types selected in the top section (soon to be renamed "Tile types").

If you don't select the trigger options, it just dismisses the current tiles as per the selection.

Last edited by davidfor; 06-11-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:00 PM   #42
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
What happens if I have a trigger set and then change options. Will the existing trigger be removed and a new one added?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:39 PM   #43
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Yes, that is exactly what it does.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:30 AM   #44
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo GLO
Hi there!

First of all thank you for this great plug-in.

I have a big big problem, every time i use any of the functions of the plug-in Calibre crashes. Tried installing the version in the first post, and now the 1.0.1 Beta (which is even worse, because it crashes also selecting the simple Help, or About Plug-in).

My configuration is:
Calibre: 0.9.34
Kobo Glo with 2.6.1 firmware

Attached a txt containing the entire crash report
Attached Files
File Type: txt crash.txt (70.6 KB, 930 views)
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:20 AM   #45
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

I have to admit that I don't know what is going on.

Is the crash when you select the option, or when you press OK on the dialog to start it? Is it every function? The "Copy annotations" and "Device database check" are a little different in how they start. Do they work?

I'll try it on a Mac at work tomorrow.

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities