Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-16-2011, 01:34 PM   #46
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Oh dear... let me look into it.
kiwidude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:58 PM   #47
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

v1.1.2 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Fix config error introduced with 1.1.1

This should reverse any "damage" to your views introduced for those of you who upgraded to 1.1.1 earlier today. The information was still in your configuration file, it was just stored in a way the plugin could not work with.
Advert
Old 07-16-2011, 10:41 PM   #48
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Changes in this release:
  • Fix config error introduced with 1.1.1

This should reverse any "damage" to your views introduced for those of you who upgraded to 1.1.1 earlier today. The information was still in your configuration file, it was just stored in a way the plugin could not work with.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:28 PM   #49
domee
domee began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hey kiwidude,

thanks again for your great work, I really appreciate this and your other plugins!

I have one more little "request": Your new version now allows to save custom column widths, which is great. It would be perfect, if I could also save a custom width for the book details window. Is this realizable?

Thanks a lot and keep up the brilliant work,
domee
domee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:00 PM   #50
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@domee - I'll have to think about that, I guess it might be possible. Though it has sparked another idea instead - the ability to save as part of the state the visibility of the tag browser panel and the book details panel (and cover browser too I guess). So with a single keypress to switch to your view you could effectively change the whole layout of your GUI?

Trying to do that and trying to save widths of panels would get a bit too complex I think. My preference would be for the ability to specify panels to be visible/hidden. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Advert
Old 08-09-2011, 03:09 AM   #51
domee
domee began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hey kiwi,

thanks for your reply. The problem for me is that I switch between desktop pc and netbook and when I use the latter, the book details panel always takes up half my screen. So it would be great if I could save a specific width for that panel too in my "netbook view".

But of course only if
a) this can be done without too much trouble and
b) you think it could be a useful feature in general

Thanks and keep up the great work
domee
domee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:24 PM   #52
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.2.0 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Upgrade to support the centralised keyboard shortcut management in Calibre
  • When opening the configuration dialog, default to the last selected view

Requires Calibre 0.8.18. Note that you will lose any keyboard shortcuts you had previously assigned to your custom views (but not the views themselves). You can reapply the shortcuts using Preferences->Keyboard or from the Customise Plugin screen for this plugin.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:45 PM   #53
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.2.1 Released

Changes in this release:
  • When switching libraries, ensure no issues with old menu items causing a crash

The downside of the new centralised shortcuts functionality is that when a plugin developer misses something Calibre crashes rather terminally .

In this case, I found toggling between libraries caused Calibre to crash with the changes I made in 1.2.0. I have completely changed my approach to unregistering old menu items now with both this plugin and the User Category one and it seems to be a better one.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:04 PM   #54
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
I noticed that you can configure your view based on saved searches (the equivalent of clicking a saved search once in the tag browser) under the "Apply saved search" dropdown. Is there any way to configure you view based on excluded saved searches (the equivalent of clicking a saved search twice in the tag browser)? Or on a string of saved searches ("ands", "ors", and "nots")?
ElMiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:15 PM   #55
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@ElMiko - whatever combination you want (whether excluding another saved search or combining them), save that as a new saved search, and then you can apply that to your view as per normal.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:52 AM   #56
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Where are the view manager settings saved I just restored my calibre database using library maintenance dialog. Is there a way I can get them back or do I need to do them over.
By the way after doing database restore my metadata.db file lost 25% of its size I just have 600 books but someone with thousands might get a good performance gain by doing this.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:29 AM   #57
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

The ViewManager settings will be stored in the View Manager.json file in the calibre plugins folder.

BTW I *do not* recommend others do what you have done. Restoring a library in that way should be a last resort. You will *lose* information that is stored only in the database. You will also have a new library id, which as you have found means that any per library settings (which many plugins have) get lost. You will have to edit the .json files and very carefully replace the library guids if you want to retain the same settings you had previously or else recreate them.

I suspect much of your recovered space came from conversion settings that were persisted - something which can be far more safely removed using the bulk edit dialog from memory.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:08 PM   #58
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.3.0 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Now requires calibre 0.8.57
  • Store views in the calibre database rather than a json file, to allow reuse from different computers (not simultaneously!)
  • Add a support option to the "Other" tab allowing viewing the plugin data stored in the database
  • No longer support upgrading from plugin versions older than 1.2.0

I've got a number of plugin updates that will be released today based around calibre 0.8.57, taking advantage of a new feature to store plugin settings inside the calibre library. The benefit of this is for users that store their library in a shared network location and use calibre from multiple machines (though never at the same time - that limitation hasn't changed!). Your plugin configuration settings which are specific to each library (such as custom column names, book exemptions, reading lists etc) will be automatically kept in sync when calibre is next opened on each machine.

Specifically for this plugin it means that your views/sort orders do not have to be recreated on each machine that you open the library on.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:53 PM   #59
capnm
Groupie
capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
Hi! Great updates ...

Any chance of being able to export a view from one library to another?

I like to create a new library based on an existing library structure, then get my custom views too
capnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:49 AM   #60
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnm View Post
Hi! Great updates ...

Any chance of being able to export a view from one library to another?

I like to create a new library based on an existing library structure, then get my custom views too
Now that the plugin info is stored in the database, it will be automatically copied when creating a new library using the existing library structure.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote