Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-25-2018, 09:53 PM   #886
FDLucko
FDLucko began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
When they are MARKED (the pin), you can right click Show Marked: Ctrl-A (select all)
I was hoping it would be something like that, however does not work for me.

I marked book line 19, 21, 23 (ctrl m) (19 (blue), 21 and 23 (green))

On drop down menu for Mark Books ...

Show marked books (3) ctrl + shift + m

Right click + Ctrl-A on above line in drop down does nothing

Right click + Ctrl-A on 19, 21, 23 or any book line number for that matter selects all the books, not just the marked ones.

Of course holding down ctrl and clicking 21, 23 will select them (blue), thats
the procedure how I selected the 130+ originally.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong???

Thanks!
FDLucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 11:42 PM   #887
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I don't use the mouse, I use the following keyboard shortcuts

Click image for larger version

Name:	0  Mark Books shorcuts.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	161828

I marked some books with Ctrl+M

Name:	1 marked books.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	161829

I searched for (Showed) marked books with Ctrl+Shift+M, and selected them all with Ctrl+A.

Name:	2 show marked books and select.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	161830

Now I can action the three books -- send, save, remove, add a tag, etc, etc.

To Clear the push pin marks I would use Alt+Shift+M

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-25-2018 at 11:49 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2018, 12:25 PM   #888
FDLucko

Dosen't work for me. When you selected the 1st book the line turned blue. The next book both were blue. When they are blue (even if seperate) you can do bulk operations.

My problem is when I do a ctrl m to select a book it gets pinned and turns blue.
The next book, same thing, except first book turns green (only marked and pinned, not selected). Even if I do a ctrl shift M, only the top pinned book is blue, rest green.

A ctrl a at this point will turn entire library blue (not what I want ).

So still at this point the only way i can get all pinned items to turn blue is to individually ctrl click them.

Anyway, thanks for trying.

BTW my platform is latest Windows 10. Maybe the problem?
Old 01-26-2018, 12:52 PM   #889
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDLucko View Post
Dosen't work for me. When you selected the 1st book the line turned blue. The next book both were blue. When they are blue (even if seperate) you can do bulk operations.

My problem is when I do a ctrl m to select a book it gets pinned and turns blue.
The next book, same thing, except first book turns green (only marked and pinned, not selected). Even if I do a ctrl shift M, only the top pinned book is blue, rest green.

A ctrl a at this point will turn entire library blue (not what I want ).

So still at this point the only way i can get all pinned items to turn blue is to individually ctrl click them.

Anyway, thanks for trying.

BTW my platform is latest Windows 10. Maybe the problem?
No, W10 is not the problem
Ctrl-A SELECTS EVERYTHING in the view.
Both BR's and my methods work if you follow all the instructions given.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 08:00 AM   #890
Rob557
Zealot
Rob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
Selecting all marked items - use Filter/Highlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDLucko View Post
Quality Check plug-in... When using the "check titles for title case" the plugin marked around 130 entries at various locations. ... I wanted to use "edit metadata in bulk", so (individually) I <Ctrl> clicked all 130+ entries. I'm sure there was an easier way, either by grouping all the marked entries and <shift> selecting; or ... Any ideas?
Hi FDLucko.
Your instincts are right that there is a simple approach that groups the marked entries.
A simple approach is to use the FILTER/HIGHLIGHT icon (three horizontal lines) which for me is in the top right corner beside the search bar/icon. Your icon is probably set to FILTER but if you click it once it will change to HIGHLIGHT which displays a red slash line through the horizontal lines icon.
In HIGHLIGHT mode, only your Quality Check selections are displayed and you can then <shift> select all items to "edit metadata in bulk".

Last edited by Rob557; 01-27-2018 at 10:26 AM. Reason: (clarified 'title' description)
Rob557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2018, 10:49 AM   #891
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob557 View Post
Hi FDLucko.
Your instincts are right that there is a simple approach that groups the marked entries.
A simple approach is to use the FILTER/HIGHLIGHT icon (three horizontal lines) which for me is in the top right corner beside the search bar/icon. Your icon is probably set to FILTER but if you click it once it will change to HIGHLIGHT which displays a red slash line through the horizontal lines icon.
In HIGHLIGHT mode, only your Quality Check selections are displayed and you can then <shift> select all items to "edit metadata in bulk".
IIRC The Quick Toggle button is hidden by Default. Preferences: Searching: to change
Old 01-27-2018, 01:51 PM   #892
FDLucko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob557 View Post
Hi FDLucko.
Yup, that works perfectly for me.

& yes, theducks it was hidden.

Thanks all, for all your help.
Old 02-23-2018, 08:02 AM   #893
Inukami
Zealot
Inukami began at the beginning.

Device: Mac Pro 2013 & Mini 2018, iPad Mini 4, iPhone 11, iBooks, K4Mac/PC
Hi,

Is there a way to check for box sets so I can use the EpubSplit plugin to split the box sets into individual books? If there isn't, could I please request this feature? Is it possible to do this? If not, is there another way to identify box sets apart from going through them and finding them manually...

Inukami
Inukami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 08:08 AM   #894
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
How do you know that it is a box set, Inukami? I mean, the plugin can apply a criteria for locating them and, as far as I know, there is no data that says: "omnibus / box set", aside of the name, if you're lucky.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 08:15 AM   #895
Inukami
Zealot
Inukami began at the beginning.

Device: Mac Pro 2013 & Mini 2018, iPad Mini 4, iPhone 11, iBooks, K4Mac/PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
How do you know that it is a box set, Inukami?
That is why I'm asking. As they may have another identifier that I don't know about ...apart from just searching in the title for "box set".

Inukami
Inukami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:20 AM   #896
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inukami View Post
That is why I'm asking. As they may have another identifier that I don't know about ...apart from just searching in the title for "box set".

Inukami
Count Pages Plugin: pages
( Size matters )

Boxed sets, omnibus usually have page counts well above a single of a similar genre .
OTOH filesize could just be fonts or more images (although, with the Quality check PI, you can search (and later manually apply a tag) for embedded fonts, big images
Old 05-24-2018, 11:54 PM   #897
Superbra
Superbra began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I tried this plugin and found some issues in my epubs. So how am I supposed to continue? I mean : it's great to know that an epub has a missing manifest file or incorrect css, but how do I correct these errors? Any advice is welcome...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn BTV-W09 met Tapatalk
Superbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:23 AM   #898
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Modify Epub plugin;Polish Book;Edit Book.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:29 AM   #899
Superbra
Superbra began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I'll look into that. Thx for the advice

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk
Superbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 09:49 AM   #900
fncll
Enthusiast
fncll began at the beginning.

I see a note in the changelog that

'In the log for "Search ePub" display the preceding and following 25 characters around the match in the log'

Where can I view this log?
fncll is offline   Reply With Quote