Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-15-2011, 02:17 PM   #31
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Haha, just wait until I've released it why don't you.

It is here on the thread for a future version, we'll see if anyone can come up with other suggestions or issues with this version and I will take a look. I'm certain it is possible using the font metrics stuff in the Magick libraries.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:35 PM   #32
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
Yeah, sorry, none on the files I tested with had particularly long titles/series, so I didn't notice the need.
(now add a a couple more files to my test set)
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2011, 09:03 PM   #33
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
If Title/Series/Author is wider than Coverwidth - auto resize font so it fits (on one line).
That would be a nice optional feature. Some titles would be too small if resized like you suggest, but the option would be nice.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:25 AM   #34
Loeffel
Connoisseur
Loeffel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G
Ok, now I have tried EVERYTHING possible. I have reinstalled Calibre, deleted all files beloning to it (not the bibliothek as it is not in the standard path), installed it in english, restarted the computer after deinstallation, started with a new bibliothek. Nothing really nothing changed the problem. I get always the error message the the file isn't a zip-file. I reloaded it with various browsers and tools, no change.

This plugin isn't the only one and as the version of Calibre advances I am unable to install plugins. So I still can't say it is the plugin or Calibre. I will open a case there too. It just annoying. Serveral plugins just can't be installed with such an idiotic error message as I can easily unzip those files without any problem.

The Goodread Covers and Metadata installs without problems, Search the Internet, Kindle Collections only with version 0.7.48 or earlier, I just can't see where the problem is.
The both Goodread plugins seem to be without function, I can't see something there, Kindle Collections won't run at all as it always states it must be initialized even during initialization.

These are really cool plugins and I really would like to use them but I just have no idea how to do so.
Loeffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:07 AM   #35
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Loeffel. I'm afraid I don't know what to suggest - if Kovid doesn't spot your message here then you could try posting in the main forums or raising a ticket. As I expected from the error message it is not specific to a particular plugin, it is instead a general Calibre installation issue. My best guess is perhaps some kind of Python version incompatibility issue on your machine but I don't know enough to suggest exactly what, other than googling around.
Advert
Old 03-19-2011, 10:05 AM   #36
Loeffel
Connoisseur

I managed to install them now and they seem to be running too.
I deinstalled everything (once again), deleted everything (also once again) loaded 0.7.45, installed this version. Installed all plugins (even the new plugin updater), updated Calibre to 0.7.50 and now all plugins are running. Even the Kindle Collections plugin.

Does the plugin updater use another routine? If yes the Calibre routine is buggy, if no I don't know what is different, as with the plugin updater installing of the "Search the internet" plugin runs like a charm, as I had to uninstall it because it wasn't functioning.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:50 PM   #37
Loeffel
Connoisseur

Now where it is running it is a great plugin. Only one option is missing a little bit. A free text that can be added.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:05 AM   #38
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@Loeffel. Glad to hear you are up and running now. The option to add free text was also on my original ideas list, it got relegated to the "wait for someone to ask for it" stage due to a lack of screen real estate with the original gui design. Now with the tab layout there is room for it, so I will put that in a next version shortly.

Also, I don't know if you noticed but another user seems to have the same ZipImport error issues you experienced, with a different plugin (many of them use the same approach to loading which is why the error is common across them). If you have anything new to add as to the possible causes, whether you downloaded it differently in the end etc then please add it to this thread.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:13 AM   #39
carmenchu
Groupie
carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Win7,Win10,Lubuntu,smartphone
Kiwidude, to begin with, I simply love your plug-ins - they enhance Calibre no end!
But I'm having trouble with this one - generating covers crashes Calibre every other time, through the MagicCore.dll (quoting crash message from memory, thus only approximative). To specify:
  1. Running latest updates under Windows XP
  2. On crash, trying to
    • save a named customize setting, or
    • adding a large left margin
  3. To recover Plug-in function I had to uninstall it AND remove both the .json file (I append the latest, renamed extension to .txt, after a crash, should it be informative) and the subfolder under Resources - then re-install plug-in.
If I have just run against some 'no trespass' feature, please tell. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: txt Generate Cover.txt (2.7 KB, 930 views)
carmenchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:28 AM   #40
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@carmenchu - what would be useful would be to know any error messages from the "crash" you mention. Run calibre using "calibre-debug -g" and post any error messages you see.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:12 AM   #41
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenchu View Post
But I'm having trouble with this one - generating covers crashes Calibre every other time
Using Windows XP I had a similar, but not the same, problem when testing this plugin. Since MagicCore.dll isn't part of calibre I didn't have this error. My problem only surfaced if I had the covers displayed in the the cover browser while using the plugin. Kovid put a fix in for the trouble I was having starting with version 0.7.50.

Follow kiwidudes instructions and report back the error captured.

Kiwidude, you might want to change the initial post so 0.7.50 is the minimum version.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 03-25-2011 at 09:14 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:25 PM   #42
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.2 Released

Download from the first post or using the Plugin Updater.

Additions to v1.2 Release:
  • Option to add custom text to your cover
  • Option to auto-reduce the font size to fit the text to one line
  • Uses a timer to delay drawing the new preview to keep the GUI responsive while you make rapid changes like changing font sizes or typing text
Old 03-26-2011, 06:34 AM   #43
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.2.1 Released

This just has a bug-fix to do with creating config files for first time users, possibly may not have caused a noticeable issue but this guarantees it won't be.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #44
Loeffel
Connoisseur

Thanks for the custom text and with the updater all plugins install like a charm.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:19 AM   #45
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.3 Released

Changes in v1.3:
  • Rewritten for new plugin infrastructure in Calibre 0.7.53