Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-22-2011, 04:16 PM   #46
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.3.1 Released

Fix for the bug pointed out by Ken above (sorry about that).
kiwidude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:20 PM   #47
kenr276
Enthusiast
kenr276 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Fix for the bug pointed out by Ken above (sorry about that).
Thanks, that was fast.
kenr276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2011, 07:27 PM   #48
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
What Am I Doing Wrong?

I linked 2 books to use as a test run for the newest update (thank you, BTW), but when I chose "Upload Tags As Shelves" nothing happened. I doubled checked that the tags were mapped properly.

Although, not all tags had corresponding shelves - could that be the problem?
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:53 PM   #49
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I linked 2 books to use as a test run for the newest update (thank you, BTW), but when I chose "Upload Tags As Shelves" nothing happened. I doubled checked that the tags were mapped properly.

Although, not all tags had corresponding shelves - could that be the problem?
Hmmm, worked on my testing. Not all tags for a book need to have shelves. You might need to post some more details. Also did you actually check the shelf/spot the message in the status bar after the action? I deliberately didn't put any sort of dialog box in the action, though I wondered about having some sort of confirmation message.

What I did was create a shelf called "science-fiction". I put a mapping between "science-fiction" and a Calibre tag of "Science Fiction". I had the tags column set to "Tags". Then picking a book that I had previously linked to Goodreads, I added a "Science Fiction" tag to the book, and then performed the "Upload tags as shelves". I get a message in the status bar, and when I view the shelf the book is on the Science Fiction shelf. I just tried it all again now with a custom genre column and that worked fine too.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:01 PM   #50
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hmmm, worked on my testing. Not all tags for a book need to have shelves. You might need to post some more details. Also did you actually check the shelf/spot the message in the status bar after the action? I deliberately didn't put any sort of dialog box in the action, though I wondered about having some sort of confirmation message.

What I did was create a shelf called "science-fiction". I put a mapping between "science-fiction" and a Calibre tag of "Science Fiction". I had the tags column set to "Tags". Then picking a book that I had previously linked to Goodreads, I added a "Science Fiction" tag to the book, and then performed the "Upload tags as shelves". I get a message in the status bar, and when I view the shelf the book is on the Science Fiction shelf. I just tried it all again now with a custom genre column and that worked fine too.
I did not see a status, but then to be honest, I didn't think to look for one, either. I did check the shelf (in my case it was Fantasy/Supernatural), however. I will try it again.

Edit: Stupid question: Do I also have to add the book to one of the exclusive shelves first, and then upload the tags or should it do it all at one?

Last edited by Nyssa; 03-22-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Advert
Old 03-22-2011, 09:10 PM   #51
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
I did not see a status, but then to be honest, I didn't think to look for one, either. I did check the shelf (in my case it was Fantasy/Supernatural), however. I will try it again.

Edit: Stupid question: Do I also have to add the book to one of the exclusive shelves first, and then upload the tags or should it do it all at one?

Okay, first of all, i answered my own question. Yes, we do have to add it to an exclusive shelf first. Second of all, it added it to one shelf (Amazon) but not the other (Fantasy/Supernatural). Oh, and yes I did see the "Communicating with GoodReads" message.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:14 PM   #52
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

Not a stupid question at all. In fact in doing some more testing now I found a bit of a problem with the whole tags/shelves thing, and it is to do with the Goodreads API call I am using.

To get what shelves a book is currently on, I am doing an API call which gets your "review" for a book. It is all horribly unintuitive, but as I understand it what happens is that if you add a book onto one of your shelves (I believe one of the "to-read", "read" or "currently-reading"exclusive shelves), then Goodreads will create a "review" record for you. It is then this review record that is retrieved by my plugin to identify the shelves a book is on.

If you delete the book completely on Goodreads (as I just did in testing) then Goodreads deletes your review record. So this means the plugin can have no information about what shelves the book is on.

Now I think that is a flaw, so I have just changed the logic so that you do not have to have a book on your exclusive shelves for it to live on another shelf. I will update a new release in a few seconds...
Old 03-22-2011, 09:17 PM   #53
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.3.2 Released

As per feedback from Nyssa, the Upload tags to shelves feature no longer needs the book to exist on one of your exclusive shelves first.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:36 PM   #54
Nyssa
Series Addict

I've seem to have stumbled on to something else....

I went to edit one of the sync actions to make sure it was ok, but when I went to "Edit Actions" I got an error.

Please see images:

Image 1 - "Customize Plugin"

Image 2 - The error I received

Image 3 - The way I am mapping the tags & shelves

I double checked my mapping when I realized that my books were not being added to those shelves. (The Amazon shelf which is a Yes/No in Calibre works perfectly).

Sorry. I tried to get this up before you updated, but I had trouble with the images.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre Good reads Plugin 1.jpg
Views:	841
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	68834   Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre Good reads Plugin 2.jpg
Views:	836
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	68835   Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre Good reads Plugin 3.jpg
Views:	830
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	68836  

Last edited by Nyssa; 03-22-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:58 PM   #55
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

Quote:
I've seem to have stumbled on to something else....
Hmmm... that one must have been in there for a while, I haven't gone anywhere near that code. I have just replaced the zip file on the first post I put up a few minutes ago (same 1.3.2 version number). Hopefully that should resolve that issue too.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:26 PM   #56
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Hmmm... that one must have been in there for a while, I haven't gone anywhere near that code. I have just replaced the zip file on the first post I put up a few minutes ago (same 1.3.2 version number). Hopefully that should resolve that issue too.
The error is gone, but the books are not being added to the shelves (other than Amazon), when I use the "Upload" option.

Maybe its the programs way of telling me to stop being so lazy!

Thank you Kiwidude. I appreciate all of the hard work you've putting into this.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:33 PM   #57
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

You understand it is the "Edit Shelf/Tag Mappings" screen you should be going to, not editing sync actions for those shelves right?

Post the exact details of what you have setup (screenshots will help) - the contents of your Edit Shelf/Tag Mappings screen, are you using a custom column or the normal tags column, if a custom column what it has been configured as (it should be "Comma separated text, like tags, shown in the tag browser") and what your values are for that particular book in that column.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:46 PM   #58
Nyssa
Series Addict

Here is my "Edit Shelf/Tag Mappings" set up. the only thing I changed was "tags" to "#store" when tapplicable (Book View Cafe & Feedbooks) in the screen shot. The rest were set on "tags" .

Edit: How do I reset the plugin? Maybe I messed up in the mapping somewhere, but I just can't see it.

Starting fresh might help. Would uninstalling then reinstalling the plugin, work?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre Good reads Plugin 4.jpg
Views:	877
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	68837  

Last edited by Nyssa; 03-22-2011 at 10:52 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:45 AM   #59
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

It shouldn't really be necessary to "start again", you look to have setup lots of mappings etc so it would be painful to do that. Just FYI to do that the easiest way is to just delete or rename the Goodreads Sync.json file from your plugins folder.

You didn't say the datatype of your custom column etc. What I suggest you do is try the exact example that I described above in post #49. Create a fake book if you want to, link it to Goodreads, start with one simple tag on it as per that Science Fiction example and follow the steps exactly. If you can get that to work then you can experiment a bit more and see if you can figure out why others are not working. If you still can't get anywhere send me a PM with your email and I will send you a special debug build that will print some output to give the details.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:29 AM   #60
Nyssa
Series Addict

Will do! I'll be back this evening and let you know. Thank you again! :

Tags
calibre, goodreads