Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-09-2018, 09:03 AM   #1
bob.f
Connoisseur
bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: N/A
Book metadata sometimes not updating

I have noticed some odd behaviour with the Download metadata functionality accessed via the Ctrl-D shortcut.

Typically, after I import a bunch of books into Calibre I will update the metadata to fix e.g. missing covers or tags. Let's say I do this for a dozen books, five of which might have missing metadata.

The job will run in the background and when it has finished I will accept the changes. Of the five books I wanted to update maybe three actually did. This leaves two books still with missing metadata.

Initially I thought that the metadata search function was simply unable to find covers and tags for the remaining books. But what I discovered was that if I ran the metadata update again on the remaining books that still did not have metadata, as often as not the covers and tags were found.

So, my question is: why does Download metadata need to be run more than once on the same selection of books in order for them all to be updated?
bob.f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 10:03 AM   #2
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Do you use any plugin for this task?
I use the goodreads plugin and I never had problems.
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2018, 12:12 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Server congestion, times out (do not tamper with the delay tweak, that is there to reduce the chance of overloading and possibly getting Calibre blacklisted) (affects ALL of us)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 12:28 PM   #4
bob.f
Connoisseur
bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
Do you use any plugin for this task?
I use the goodreads plugin and I never had problems.
Yes, several including goodreads.
bob.f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 08:16 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
look at the logs for the download process
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
metadata, update