Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 12-01-2018, 07:13 PM   #1
ZioNemo
Enthusiast
ZioNemo began at the beginning.

Device: HTC-p3000
Programmatically adding custom columns

What is the interface to add custom columns? (stand-alone program run via "calibre-debug")

Background:

I'm trying to programmatically prepare and populate a full library and I have several non-standard info to handle.

If I understand it correctly I can stick arbitrary data to Metadata instances before I call "db.add_books(my_list)", but, in order for this to work the custom columns should already exist.
I would like to avoid creating them manually in the UI.

TiA!
ZioNemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:42 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
easiest to use calibredb.exe for this. It has an add_custom_column action
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
custom column, programming api