Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 01-23-2010, 05:06 AM   #196
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
You can use your 3 nominations anyway you want.
Can you only use 1 on any particular book?
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:36 AM   #197
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
You're not a lawyer are you?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2010, 11:09 AM   #198
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
How dare you!!

But, if "you can use your 3 nominations anyway you want", someone might use them to nom, 2nd and 3rd their own choice to get it to the voting phase.
I don't think that is what is intended.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:27 AM   #199
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
For those of a "lawyerly disposition", it is one nomination per book .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:15 PM   #200
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
For those of a "lawyerly disposition", it is one nomination per book .
I'd have to agree with Harry. The idea is that 3 people think the book is worthy of being added to the poll for the month.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2010, 04:00 PM   #201
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchbaby View Post
I would like to second(?) Dead Until Dark. I think that it is a good contemporary romance with less heaving bosoms
It already has 3.

BOb
Old 01-23-2010, 04:01 PM   #202
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
I third this.
It already had 3 before this.

BOb
Old 01-23-2010, 04:07 PM   #203
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

OK, we have 9 books on the list... one more and we go to the poll....

Here are the books that have 1 or 2 nominations:

(1) Northern Lights by Nora Roberts

(1) All Night Long by Jayne Ann Krentz

(1) Ravished by Amanda Quick

(1) A Princess of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs

(1) Eleanor of Aquitane: A Biography

(1) Le Morte d'Arthur by Thomas Malory

(2) The Betrothed by Alessandro Manzoni

(2) Romancing Mr. Bridgerton by Julia Quinn

(2) Naked In Death by J.D. Robb.

(1) Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews

(2) Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning

(1) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë

(1) Musashi Flex by Steve Perry

(1) LOST HORIZON by James Hilton

(1) First Lady by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

BOb
Old 01-23-2010, 04:36 PM   #204
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
It already had 3 before this.

BOb
I third "Romancing Mr. Bridgerton by Julia Quinn" - we need some more 'romance novels' on the list.

I read a bit form an excerpt here, and it sounded entertaining enough that I might buy it anyway
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 05:55 PM   #205
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'll give a third to Naked In Death by J.D. Robb so we can move onto the voting.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:47 PM   #206
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
I third "Romancing Mr. Bridgerton by Julia Quinn" - we need some more 'romance novels' on the list.

I read a bit form an excerpt here, and it sounded entertaining enough that I might buy it anyway
I recommend that you do It's really a wonderful book.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:22 PM   #207
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I recommend that you do It's really a wonderful book.
Not available to customers in Australia...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:23 PM   #208
senjoli
senjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle PW, and HD8, Kobo Clara HD, Nook Glow
Romancing Mr. Bridgerton by Julia Quinn

I third Romancing Mr. Bridgerton by Julia Quinn. I have it, I love it, and I usually read the whole Bridgerton series once a year.
senjoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:28 PM   #209
Witchbaby
Connoisseur
Witchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle2
Quote:
It already has 3.

BOb
Oops!

To make up for it, here is the description for His Robot Girlfriend. From Smashwords:

Quote:
Mike Smith's life was crap, living all alone, years after his wife had died and his children had grown up and moved away. Then he saw the commercial for the Daffodil. Far more than other robots, the Daffodil could become anything and everything he wanted it to be. Mike's life is about to change.
Witchbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:35 PM   #210
senjoli
senjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austensenjoli has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle PW, and HD8, Kobo Clara HD, Nook Glow
I want to second this one also.

(1) All Night Long by Jayne Ann Krentz
I only voted for one book so far so I think I can do this.
senjoli is offline   Reply With Quote