Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 03-28-2010, 05:42 PM   #1
Shiimis
Shiimis understands the importance of being earnest.Shiimis understands the importance of being earnest.Shiimis understands the importance of being earnest.Shiimis understands the importance of being earnest.Shiimis understands the importance of being earnest.Shiimis understands the importance of being earnest.Shiimis understands the importance of being earnest.Shiimis understands the importance of being earnest.Shiimis understands the importance of being earnest.Shiimis understands the importance of being earnest.Shiimis understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600 [sold]
Additional keyboard layouts

Is it possible to change existing keyboards or add new ones? I'm in desperate need of greek polytonic keyboard, also latvian keyboard would be nice. Since russification project added rusian keyboard I imagine it wouldn't be impossible to add others too or am I missing something?

If it isn't very time consuming, could someone do this? I would gladly donate some money to person who could come up with solution.

Thanks!
Shiimis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:38 PM   #2
Shiimis
Shiimis understands the importance of being earnest.Shiimis understands the importance of being earnest.Shiimis understands the importance of being earnest.Shiimis understands the importance of being earnest.Shiimis understands the importance of being earnest.Shiimis understands the importance of being earnest.Shiimis understands the importance of being earnest.Shiimis understands the importance of being earnest.Shiimis understands the importance of being earnest.Shiimis understands the importance of being earnest.Shiimis understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600 [sold]
I found keyboard layout xml files in CramFS of PRS-600. If only there was someone who would tell what needs to be modified then I could do it myself.

Please?
Shiimis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2010, 01:47 PM   #3
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Check this thread.

Here is a version with customized keyboard:
http://projects.mobileread.com/reade....upd.1.04b.zip

You could extract/unpack cramfs and see what was changed.

BEWARE, however, that there is no way to unbrick 600, besides this, horrendously user unfriendly way.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote