Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-08-2011, 08:28 PM   #1
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Micro USB card problem.

Today when I tried inserting the Micro SD card into its slot, it kept springing back out again about a third of the way. I made sure it was going in straight because I had a helluva time getting it in originally because it wanted to go in at an odd angle, completely missing the guide rails. It finally did stay in and worked, but it had me scared because I could no longer access library books I'd downloaded, apparently on the card. Has anyone else had this problem?
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:23 PM   #2
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
One question - have you checked the card out in another device to see if it was damaged or unmounted improperly, causing file corruption?
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2011, 09:11 AM   #3
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

I can't see anything wrong with the card. There's nothing loose or sticking out. It always slides in nicely into the full size SD adapter. It almost felt like one of the contacts inside the Kobo slot might have been out of position and buckling, pushing the micro card out again. It's going in fine now, but I do think the Micro SD card slot is a weak point in the Kobo. I saw in another thread where someone didn't get the card in quite straight and it jammed.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:36 PM   #4
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
That card jammed post was mine. The reason I'm suggesting using the card with a computer is to look for data corruption and not actual hardware damage. there may be an issue with the files being read and then written to by the Vox during that period.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #5
oldyellr
Evangelist

I do believe I've solved my problem. It looks like this micro sd card slot works like some of the full size memory card slots. I think it's supposed to toggle the card in and out on alternate "pushes". I picked up another micro card (this one an 8 gig with a SD adapter and a USB adapter from The Source) and that's what it was doing when I inserted it. It was hard to tell with my first card because it goes in flush and I have my Vox in and Indigo hard cover case. I have to press it in with my thumbnail, or perhaps some small tool that won't slip past the card, and it definitely stays in and pops out on alternate pushes. Actually, that's how I thought it ought to work in the beginning but I guess I just didn't know how far I had to push it.
Advert