Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-21-2018, 12:52 PM   #1
AshL
AshL began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 4
Paperwhite 4 crashing calibre

Hi,

I've just bought the new kindle paperwhite 4 to update my old kindle (ancient as its the original kindle). I've updated calibre to version 3.34 and its running in 64 bit. However, whenever I try to transfer my collection of books to the kindle, Calibre runs for a bit then crashes and closes, and a message comes up on Windows saying there is a problem with the device. I have a lot of books so although this was no problem with my old ancient kindle, I tried doing batches of 200 instead, with the same result. I re-ran it in debug mode and have attached the file. Could anyone advise what the problem might be? Many thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: txt tmpkm3sxw.txt (3.8 KB, 86 views)
AshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 01:17 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
If there was a crash, I did not see it in the log (I am not the guru).
The device may have issues and crashing Windows USB driver.

Reboot the device (not just power cycle)
Try just 10 books
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 01:38 PM   #3
AshL
AshL began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 4
Hi,

Problem solved! I ended up completely deleting calibre, reimporting my books, and it then synced ok to the kindle.
AshL is offline   Reply With Quote