Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-27-2021, 04:40 AM   #1
mrpossible
mrpossible began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Cannot connect to Educational Wifi?

Hi all,

I've just bought a new Kobo Forma recently. Everything is working fine, except the fact that my Kobo cannot connect to my University wifi (with student_id and password). The whole device will be frozen, and I had to reboot and quickly turn off the Wifi after that so that the device can work again. Otherwise, it will keep freezing. I searched for a while but couldn't see anyone facing the similar issue, am I the only one who have this issue of Wifi?

P/S: It can connect to other Wifi such as my home Wifi..
mrpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 09:11 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Some WiFi spots require a webpage with javascript immediately as you connect to log in. Our county library does. That only works on my laptop and I decided I didn't want all the pages/sites I accessed logged to my library account. My Kobo, phone and tablet can't use it at all.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2021, 09:10 AM   #3
mrpossible
mrpossible began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
thanks, but my Uni wifi is not like that, it didn't pop up or redirect to any webpage, my iPhone and even my Kindle paperwhite Gen3 still can connect, only my Kobo has the problem.
mrpossible is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forma, kobo, wifi