Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-04-2021, 09:49 AM   #31
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Kao View Post
Yes, this is added in version 8.7.4. You can download it from https://github.com/plateaukao/browse...ses/tag/v8.7.4.

However, for Hisense A5, if you prefer keeping EinkBro alive longer, I suggest you that you can add EinkBro to whitelist.

It's under Setting -> Battery -> Power saving management -> Memory intelligent cleaning.

If Background apps cleaning is turned on, make sure the checkbox of EinkBro is toggled too.
That's great news! Thanks!
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 03:08 AM   #32
markony
curious
markony does all things with Zen-like beautymarkony does all things with Zen-like beautymarkony does all things with Zen-like beautymarkony does all things with Zen-like beautymarkony does all things with Zen-like beautymarkony does all things with Zen-like beautymarkony does all things with Zen-like beautymarkony does all things with Zen-like beautymarkony does all things with Zen-like beautymarkony does all things with Zen-like beautymarkony does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Pocketbook touch lux 3. Onyx Nova 2
settings icon

I love this browser. It works well on my Nova2.
I was adjusting the toolbar list of icons and deleted settings button from quick launch toolbar by accident. How do I get it back without having to remove and reinstall app? Note: I cannot access settings anymore.

Last edited by markony; 06-07-2021 at 03:12 AM.
markony is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2021, 10:29 AM   #33
Daniel Kao
Enthusiast
Daniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Likebook Mars; Hisense A5, A5pro, A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by markony View Post
I love this browser. It works well on my Nova2.
I was adjusting the toolbar list of icons and deleted settings button from quick launch toolbar by accident. How do I get it back without having to remove and reinstall app? Note: I cannot access settings anymore.
hm... looks like I need to make Setting button always toggled on to prevent this from happening.

Let me build a version to set it default on.
@markony please try this version: https://github.com/plateaukao/browse...ses/tag/v8.9.0

Last edited by Daniel Kao; 06-07-2021 at 11:47 AM.
Daniel Kao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 03:23 PM   #34
Ereadlog
Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: none
I love everything about this app !! Except for the name initially thought it's for "bros" which is bad connotation

Last edited by Ereadlog; 06-08-2021 at 03:25 PM.
Ereadlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 01:11 PM   #35
Ereadlog
Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ereadlog could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Tested a bit using Likebook P10, a few things I noticed and wish were introduced/fixed:
1. font sizes: now its 100-200%; more options would be useful; right now I use 200% + click increase font 3-5 times; 250, 300, 350 would be useful or something that
2. positioning of next/prev page buttons: would be nice to introduce few options to ease clicking while holding big device in the middle; like placing buttons higher , or having buttons along the whole vertical boarders
3. not sure if it's device specific problem - would be nice if it always remembered what sites were opened last time and reopen them
4. when you have full screen mode enabled in settings, then pressing +font button will trigger full screen: this is annoying when I want to press +font a few times ; so +/- font buttons should not trigger full screen
5. would be nice to add button "go to the top of the page" (kiwi browser on android have such button)
6. startpage search doesn't work from address bar - likely using non-standard browser triggers some blocking mechanism; they display message that they won't serve request cause they think it's from bot; it works though if u just go to startpage.com
7. when u open new tab but change your mind and don't want to go to any new page , then u got no way to go back - android back button does nothing, and u got no navigation options. so u actually have to input random page and then close it
8. sometimes "next page" touch area does nothing - you have to manually scroll a bit down, then it starts to work
Advert
Old 06-15-2021, 11:59 AM   #36
Ereadlog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereadlog View Post
5. would be nice to add button "go to the top of the page" (kiwi browser on android have such button)
just discovered it's actually there ! long press for top/bottom
Old 06-20-2021, 02:01 PM   #37
Millimole
Millimole began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen
Thanks for this - I'm using it on my Boox Poke 2.
If there's one small change I'd like to see, and that is for the settings fonts to follow the sizing set in the font size.
Millimole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 11:42 AM   #38
Daniel Kao
Enthusiast
Daniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting Windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millimole View Post
If there's one small change I'd like to see, and that is for the settings fonts to follow the sizing set in the font size.
Hi, Glad you like it.
Could you elaborate more about what is "the sizing set in the font size"? If you set the font size (percentage) in EinkBro's setting, the web content should be able to zoom in/out accordingly.
Old 06-21-2021, 11:49 AM   #39
Daniel Kao
Enthusiast

New feature added! (a feature that I am longing for for a long time).

Now it's possible to open up another windows to show full text translations of the original web page. If you're using Onyx devices, it supports the same translation feature as you can do with built-in neo reader. If you're using other devices, Google Translate web will be opened.

This feature is available in release v8.10.0. For more information, and detail implementation, please check out the medium article
Old 07-04-2021, 06:03 PM   #40
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Nice!

This makes it a lot easier to browse the web.

Some ideas--

1. It'd be nice to include the close tab option in the bottom bar.

2. It'd be nice to have a high-contrast mode with black lines around buttons and text entry fields. Especially because many sites use faint contrast which isn't visible on this.

3. It'd be nice to have a partial dark mode for text fields. I find dark mode makes it harder to read most text, but easier to read around blinking cursors. ymmv. Android doesn't help users stop blinking cursors though.

4. It'd also be nice to have continuous or dotted lines around page up and page down areas, instead of the dashed lines.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 07:31 PM   #41
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Some bugs though:

1. I can't find the url bar, so have to navigate through search engines.

2. I can bookmark pages, but can't find my bookmarks list.
Old 07-05-2021, 02:02 AM   #42
MarjaE
Guru

A couple more challenges:

1. Autocorrupt. Maybe just my clumsy fingers, but I sometimes end up with searches for a suggested term while I'm trying to type my actual not-suggested terms. Also I sometimes end up with corrected or corrupted text instead of what I've just typed.

2. Page sizing. Some pages, including this one, stretch off the right side of the screen.
Old 07-05-2021, 03:19 AM   #43
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
Some bugs though:

1. I can't find the url bar, so have to navigate through search engines.

2. I can bookmark pages, but can't find my bookmarks list.
1) i think we all failed to find this at first attempt :-) you should have the 'title' of the loaded web page on the left corner. tap on that.

2) if you click on the "1" (that being first tab open) you have also bookmark icon
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 07:16 AM   #44
Daniel Kao
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereadlog View Post
Tested a bit using Likebook P10, a few things I noticed and wish were introduced/fixed:
1. font sizes: now its 100-200%; more options would be useful; right now I use 200% + click increase font 3-5 times; 250, 300, 350 would be useful or something that
2. positioning of next/prev page buttons: would be nice to introduce few options to ease clicking while holding big device in the middle; like placing buttons higher , or having buttons along the whole vertical boarders
3. not sure if it's device specific problem - would be nice if it always remembered what sites were opened last time and reopen them
4. when you have full screen mode enabled in settings, then pressing +font button will trigger full screen: this is annoying when I want to press +font a few times ; so +/- font buttons should not trigger full screen
6. startpage search doesn't work from address bar - likely using non-standard browser triggers some blocking mechanism; they display message that they won't serve request cause they think it's from bot; it works though if u just go to startpage.com
7. when u open new tab but change your mind and don't want to go to any new page , then u got no way to go back - android back button does nothing, and u got no navigation options. so u actually have to input random page and then close it
8. sometimes "next page" touch area does nothing - you have to manually scroll a bit down, then it starts to work
Thank you for providing comments on EinkBro app. Here are my replies:

1. font size 250%, 300% and 350% is too extreme.. you can still achieve that by using font+ button, although it take more clicks.
2. I will consider adding more configurations for touch areas.
3. There's an option in the settings->UI/Behavior-> last item. But use it carefully. If you happen to open some corrupted web page that crashes the app, you may end up not being able to open the app again.
4. I will check it is an issue, if so, I will fix it.
5. Long press on the touch area for turning page. It can bring you to the top of the page or the bottom of the page.
6. I don't use startpage search engine myself...so can't help on this. Please try other search engine. or, if you can give exact words that will make it do something strange, please let me know. I will try if I can reproduce it.
7. you can click click on the X button on right side twice, it will cancel the url inputting. Then you can press Back to go back to previous web page.
8. That's because some web pages use non-standard way to scroll, or in the beginning, web content has no focus yet, once you touch on it, it got the focus; and then it works. I am not familiar with web development, so still not sure how to fix this issue.
Old 07-19-2021, 06:45 AM   #45
markony
curious
markony does all things with Zen-like beautymarkony does all things with Zen-like beautymarkony does all things with Zen-like beautymarkony does all things with Zen-like beautymarkony does all things with Zen-like beautymarkony does all things with Zen-like beautymarkony does all things with Zen-like beautymarkony does all things with Zen-like beautymarkony does all things with Zen-like beautymarkony does all things with Zen-like beautymarkony does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Pocketbook touch lux 3. Onyx Nova 2
Invert colours.
I found this bookmarklet that also works on Android bookmarks, including einkbro. Just follow the instructions. Makes white screen black, and black text white. Images are not reversed.
https://tonymuka.com/js/
markony is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
app, browser, eink