Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-22-2021, 05:35 AM   #16
thewindowsteam
thewindowsteam has learned how to read e-booksthewindowsteam has learned how to read e-booksthewindowsteam has learned how to read e-booksthewindowsteam has learned how to read e-booksthewindowsteam has learned how to read e-booksthewindowsteam has learned how to read e-booksthewindowsteam has learned how to read e-booksthewindowsteam has learned how to read e-books

Device: kindle paperwhite 2 on android and jailbroken
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabe3ab View Post
Does it wipe the main os or it runs side by side?
And what if i want to restore the original firmware?

Umm I reccomend you to back up your books because I do not understand what the Chinese means. the Chinese might even not show up and instead you will see a bunch of weird of symbols. You might be able to try understanding what the numbers mean by looking at the scrambled letters.
If you want to restore the original firmware I think number 3 does the job but I am not that sure. Try figuring it out if you can.

Last edited by thewindowsteam; 08-22-2021 at 05:40 AM.
thewindowsteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 05:16 PM   #17
rabe3ab
Enthusiast
rabe3ab began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewindowsteam View Post
Umm I reccomend you to back up your books because I do not understand what the Chinese means. the Chinese might even not show up and instead you will see a bunch of weird of symbols. You might be able to try understanding what the numbers mean by looking at the scrambled letters.
If you want to restore the original firmware I think number 3 does the job but I am not that sure. Try figuring it out if you can.
I'm not worried about the books, i already have backup, I'm afraid I'll end up bricking my kindle.
Have you tried installing it yourself?
rabe3ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 08:29 AM   #18
thewindowsteam
thewindowsteam has learned how to read e-booksthewindowsteam has learned how to read e-booksthewindowsteam has learned how to read e-booksthewindowsteam has learned how to read e-booksthewindowsteam has learned how to read e-booksthewindowsteam has learned how to read e-booksthewindowsteam has learned how to read e-booksthewindowsteam has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
I'm not worried about the books, i already have backup, I'm afraid I'll end up bricking my kindle.
Have you tried installing it yourself?
Yes I did install it on my KPW2. It did work but I strongly recommend you to replace pinyinIME in Esystem.bin-app with another keyboard that could open other apps or the browser. I personally used baiduinput
Old 09-17-2021, 01:11 PM   #19
rabe3ab
Enthusiast
rabe3ab began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewindowsteam View Post
Yes I did install it on my KPW2. It did work but I strongly recommend you to replace pinyinIME in Esystem.bin-app with another keyboard that could open other apps or the browser. I personally used baiduinput
Does it run smoothly or it lags?
And if changed my mind how can i revert to the stock os
rabe3ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 01:12 AM   #20
thewindowsteam

Quote:
Does it run smoothly or it lags?
And if changed my mind how can i revert to the stock os
It does lag sometimes and you can choose to revert back by using the Fastdownload.exe the official guide is here:
http://kdroid.org/user/intro.html
http://kdroid.org/user/manual.html
Old 09-19-2021, 01:15 AM   #21
thewindowsteam

BTW it is in chinese so use translate.google.com
translate.google.cn for PRC internet
Old 09-23-2021, 03:43 PM   #22
msh2050
Enthusiast
msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.

Device: ipad , Kindle PW3
is there free version for pw3
msh2050 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, kindle