Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-12-2020, 06:49 PM   #16
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Happy to help. Glad you got your Kobo sorted. One thing that will help should you ever need to reset again is using the Reading List and Kobo Utilities plugins. You can backup the database ad mark which eBooks on on the Forma every time you connect the Forma to your library. I works very well. It's what I do.
Yep, thanks JSWolf. I *did* have the Forma database backed up using the Kobo Utilities plug in, but alas it wasn't the most recent. Lesson learned. What's the "Reading List" you mentioned?
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 07:55 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
Yep, thanks JSWolf. I *did* have the Forma database backed up using the Kobo Utilities plug in, but alas it wasn't the most recent. Lesson learned. What's the "Reading List" you mentioned?
It's a plugin for keeping track of reading lists. I use it to make a list of all the eBooks I want to load on my H2O and when I plug in the H2O, the eBooks get sent automatically to my H2O with my having to remember which ones. Also, Reading List is configured to edit a custom column to show what eBooks are on my H2O.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2020, 05:29 AM   #18
Dirk-71
Zealot
Dirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolate

Device: Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One, Glo HD
Dirk-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 05:40 AM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Would it be possible to create a patch to change the number of book shown under the cover view for series to showing the series name?
Old 08-13-2020, 07:13 AM   #20
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: H2O, GloHD, KA1, ClaraHD, Forma
Quote:
Would it be possible to create a patch to change the number of book shown under the cover view for series to showing the series name?
This is not something I'm able to do. So, if it can be done it will need to be @geek1011 who solves it.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2020, 07:33 AM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
This is not something I'm able to do. So, if it can be done it will need to be @geek1011 who solves it.
Thanks for having a look.

I do think the series name would make more sense then just the number of books under the cover.
Old 08-13-2020, 11:41 AM   #22
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:

I do think the series name would make more sense then just the number of books under the cover.
Good one, I'd like this too.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 02:04 PM   #23
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
Thanks, as always, for the super-fast preparation and delivery of the patches!

Two thoughts/requests:

1. It wasn't this firmware, but somewhere along the line, when you're reading in a book and tap to bring up the menus, you see the battery icon but you can no longer tap on it to get a number percentage representation of your power left. Instead you have to go back to your Home page and do those steps. Any ideas to get around? Is it patchable?

2. I rely on simply updating my kobopatch.yaml file when new firmware and patches come out. I update the target line, and then add in the new patches and delete the deprecated ones. It would be of marginal help if, in listing the new patches and the gone patches, you could also indicate in the OPs which file, of the 4 main ones, they reside in. It's not so hard to search and find, so this is very much a trivial ask, but just thought I'd mention it for those of us whose memories aren't sharp enough to recall off the bat what's in the libnickel file vs. the plain old nickel file, etc.

Please, please keep tinkering! Without your both sides tap advance page, I'd be a very unhappy Kobo camper (no, John, I don't want to use KOReader).
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 04:06 PM   #24
gogu1904
Connoisseur
gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura One LE
Hello. Is there a patch removing the covers from the book list view in My Books? And possibly with some stretching there to allow more items per page? I read the patches in the published archive and did not recognize something along these lines. Thank you!
gogu1904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 04:28 PM   #25
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogu1904 View Post
Hello. Is there a patch removing the covers from the book list view in My Books? And possibly with some stretching there to allow more items per page? I read the patches in the published archive and did not recognize something along these lines. Thank you!
No, there's no such patch.
Old 08-19-2020, 11:43 AM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

What about the Sickel patch? Is this going to happen or does the existing patch still work?
Old 08-19-2020, 03:11 PM   #27
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
Good one, I'd like this too.
Quote:
Yes, most likely. I've been looking into that a bit, and am about halfway there (I've figured out how to get the series and how to replace the text, but not both together yet). It'll be a while because I'm quite a bit busier than usual over the next few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerinnyc View Post
1. It wasn't this firmware, but somewhere along the line, when you're reading in a book and tap to bring up the menus, you see the battery icon but you can no longer tap on it to get a number percentage representation of your power left. Instead you have to go back to your Home page and do those steps. Any ideas to get around? Is it patchable?
It's not patchable, but it's probably hookable (by hooking the time label update). I'm not planning on working on this at the moment, though (and I don't want to overuse the whole hooking thing for a single minor modification like this). I might do this as part of something larger in the future (if I decide to work on something like that), though.

Quote:
2. I rely on simply updating my kobopatch.yaml file when new firmware and patches come out. I update the target line, and then add in the new patches and delete the deprecated ones. It would be of marginal help if, in listing the new patches and the gone patches, you could also indicate in the OPs which file, of the 4 main ones, they reside in. It's not so hard to search and find, so this is very much a trivial ask, but just thought I'd mention it for those of us whose memories aren't sharp enough to recall off the bat what's in the libnickel file vs. the plain old nickel file, etc.
Sorry about that. I keep forgetting that only people working on the patches or using them a lot will have an intuition for which file a patch belongs to. I'll include that next time.

Quote:
What about the Sickel patch? Is this going to happen or does the existing patch still work?
I haven't looked at that.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 05:52 PM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Yes, most likely. I've been looking into that a bit, and am about halfway there (I've figured out how to get the series and how to replace the text, but not both together yet). It'll be a while because I'm quite a bit busier than usual over the next few weeks.
Thank you. I hope you can do it when you have the time. I appreciate the effort even if it's not possible.

Quote:
I haven't looked at that.
Once the Sickel patch has been updated, would it be OK to make this an official patch?
Old 08-19-2020, 06:18 PM   #29
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerinnyc View Post
I don't know whether this would suit you but in the absence of a kobopatch, the MiniClock project allows you to have the battery% on permanent display on every screen.

You can see an example of it displayed in the bottom right corner in the 2nd screenshot in this post. You can choose the position and font-size to suit yourself.
Old 08-20-2020, 02:02 PM   #30
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - Galaxy S8+ - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Is it possible to place the battery percentage level on the sleep screen?, I've checked the patch thread and can't find it, is it possible?.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching