Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-08-2020, 09:57 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
@jackie_w,

you created a few patches for me on the previous firmware. Any chance of getting these patches to be compatible with 4.22.15190? I also PM'd you about this.

Thanks.
Any chance these patches could be made public in case anyone else may want to use any of them?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 11:38 AM   #17
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Any chance these patches could be made public in case anyone else may want to use any of them?
I don't think so for these purely cosmetic patches. See post #41 Q.1 in a previous patch thread, plus my response in post #45 for the reason why not.

In addition, I'm not aware that there's a pent-up demand to remove italics from the Home/MyBooks main menu. If that changes, I'll reconsider. PM me if it's something you really want.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 02:51 PM   #18
Pioneer129
Pioneer129 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura h2o, kobo glo, pocketbook 622, Kobo Aura one
Quote:
Yes there is.

In the src directory I have a directory titled hyphenDicts and in there I have the dictionary,

In kobopatch.yaml at the bottom I have the following two lines...

Code:
files:
  src/hyphenDicts/hyph_en.dic: usr/local/Kobo/hyphenDicts/hyph_en.dic
Replace the dictionary name with your dictionary and it will install the hyphenation dictionary when you apply the patches. Just generate the patches and it will add the dictionary.
Can you elaborate this a little more. I have for instance a custom dictionaries, Wordnet3.1, where exactly I need to replace this dictionary name in the patch for installing hyphenation dictionary?
Also am I required to enable Kepub Hyphenation Dictionary patch in order to use hyphenation dictionary or I have to keep that off to use Hyphenation Dictionary?

Thanks
Pioneer129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 03:04 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer129 View Post
Can you elaborate this a little more. I have for instance a custom dictionaries, Wordnet3.1, where exactly I need to replace this dictionary name in the patch for installing hyphenation dictionary?
Also am I required to enable Kepub Hyphenation Dictionary patch in order to use hyphenation dictionary or I have to keep that off to use Hyphenation Dictionary?

Thanks
The code I posted shows the line needed to install an english hyphenation dictionary. It goes in the kobopatch.yaml file at the end.

You can see the path where I put the hyphenation dictionary looking at the code. And you can see the filename you need to use.

For KePub, you should enable the hyphenation patch so purchased KePub or Overdrive KePub will also have hyphens.

src/hyphenDicts/hyph_en.dic <-- src/hyphenDicts is where to put the hyphenation dictionary and hyph_en.dic is the name of the English dictionary.

usr/local/Kobo/hyphenDicts/hyph_en.dic <-- where the hyphenation dictionary goes on the Kobo and what to call it.

If you already have a files: section, just post the line before files: in the files: section of the yaml file.

Last edited by JSWolf; 07-08-2020 at 03:08 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 03:44 PM   #20
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer129 View Post

Thanks
In your Kobopatch directory, you'll find a directory called src. You would create a new directory inside that called hyphenDict.

Please note that the destination shown by @JSWolf is only for hyphenation dictionaries. A standard dictionary is not going to work there since they are stored in the dict directory inside the .kobo directory in the root of the exposed partition.

For dictionaries, you may want to check dictutil: Tools, documentation, and libraries related to Kobo dictionaries. I haven't played much with dictutil but it seems to able to copy a dictionary onto your mounted kobo and set the database for you. The naming is pretty strict.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 06:27 PM   #21
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
usr/local/Kobo/hyphenDicts/hyph_en.dic <-- where the hyphenation dictionary goes on the Kobo and what to call it.
For local languages, we also need a symbolic link in usr/share/hyphen/

It is interesting whether it link can be created using kobopatch and how to do it.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching