Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-04-2020, 01:06 PM   #241
coolya21
coolya21 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Hello, sorry for the machine translation, thanks for the patches, help make the e-book (kobo aura) always clock on screen
coolya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 02:38 PM   #242
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Hi,

When I apply the "Show all games" patch, the web browser does not work well. The e-reader menus disappear. I have to restart to return to the reading menus. Does it happen to someone else? Do you know how it is solved?

The first two photos are without a patch and the next two with the patch applied.

I've tried it on a GloHD and auraH2O
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	176938   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	176939   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	176940   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	176941  

Last edited by surquizu; 02-05-2020 at 04:29 PM.
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 04:13 PM   #243
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by surquizu View Post
I have to restart to return to the reading menus
There is no need to restart the device. Enough 'sleep', close and open sleepcover (if available).
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 07:23 PM   #244
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by surquizu View Post
Hi,

When I apply the "Show all games" patch, the web browser does not work well. The e-reader menus disappear. I have to restart to return to the reading menus. Does it happen to someone else? Do you know how it is solved?

The first two photos are without a patch and the next two with the patch applied.

I've tried it on a GloHD and auraH2O
That's extremely unusual. Do you have the full screen browser config setting enabled?
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 05:45 AM   #245
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Do you have the full screen browser config setting enabled?
Not in a config. There are two screenshots. He has it enabled with a patch: FeatureSettings - FullScreenBrowser
Old 02-10-2020, 03:02 AM   #246
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Thank you, dear Patchpeople!!!

I was able to patch my new Kobo and it is so much more fun to use now. I hated the store recommendations (always wrong, stuff I'd never read, how do they do that?) and love to have the games back. I almost never play them but it's nice to have my Kobo be able to do what my first Kobo could do

So thank you everyone for your work, I really do appreciate it!
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 06:51 PM   #247
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
I was able to patch my new Kobo and it is so much more fun to use now. I hated the store recommendations (always wrong, stuff I'd never read, how do they do that?)!
Have you told them they are wrong? The recommendations have options to mark books as "Not interested" or "Already read". That changes what they recommend. But, buying book or reading a book has bigger impact. Looking at my recommendations, everything in it makes sense based on the last few books I have purchased or read (such as same authors, same series, same genres).
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 12:31 PM   #248
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Have you told them they are wrong? The recommendations have options to mark books as "Not interested" or "Already read". That changes what they recommend. But, buying book or reading a book has bigger impact. Looking at my recommendations, everything in it makes sense based on the last few books I have purchased or read (such as same authors, same series, same genres).
Well, you might be right. I'll take it back and claim the opposite.

I haven't bought a book for quite a while, meaning years. It is possible they either recommended the most popular with everyone books or ones based on my former purchases. My reading interests do shift, so something I'd looked at in previous years, I wouldn't be interested right now.

Anyway, it doesn't matter much, I get almost all of my reading from the library and even if I do order something I do it with a shop where I can use points from my grocery shopping and just pay the difference if needed. You know I am constantly broke, right I spend all my money on hardware ;-)
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 11:26 AM   #249
Regard_39
Enthusiast
Regard_39 doesn't litterRegard_39 doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura, Kobo Libra H2O, Kindle Oasis
Hi everyone!
I found out that you can disable the web browser on a Kobo and came across this thread about the Kobopatch

But couldn't we go a little further...
My 6 year old boy is very attracted to his brother's Kobo and he takes advantage of his absence to try to find access to card games or freecell.
One time out of two the result is disastrous: bookmark deletion and even book deletion.

Would it be possible to add the possibility to block/deactivate the games?
Regard_39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 12:20 PM   #250
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regard_39 View Post
Hi everyone!
I found out that you can disable the web browser on a Kobo and came across this thread about the Kobopatch

But couldn't we go a little further...
My 6 year old boy is very attracted to his brother's Kobo and he takes advantage of his absence to try to find access to card games or freecell.
One time out of two the result is disastrous: bookmark deletion and even book deletion.

Would it be possible to add the possibility to block/deactivate the games?
Yep. Just change the "true" in the "Show all games" patch to "false".
Old 03-01-2020, 02:25 PM   #251
Regard_39
Enthusiast
Regard_39 doesn't litterRegard_39 doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura, Kobo Libra H2O, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Yep. Just change the "true" in the "Show all games" patch to "false".
Awesome, thank you very much. But I'm not sure which "true" should be changed to "false."
Is it right like this?

Show all games:
- Enabled: yes
- Description: Shows all games in beta features.
- FindZlib: "#boggleContainer[qApp_deviceIsPika=false]"
- ReplaceZlib: {Find: "qproperty-visible: false;", Replace: "qproperty-visible: true;"}
Regard_39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 03:53 PM   #252
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
To avoid of enabling the patch simply:

Code:
Show all games:
  - Enabled: no
  - FindZlib: "#boggleContainer[qApp_deviceIsPika=true]"
  - ReplaceZlib: {Find: "qproperty-visible: false;", Replace: "qproperty-visible: true;"}
Enabled: no
I think You are using directly the src files instead of changing the kobopatch.yaml file.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 04:02 PM   #253
Semwize
Guru

It's about Kobo Glo, games are displayed without a patch. It seems to me that changing this patch will not help to hide them (need another patch).
Old 03-01-2020, 05:48 PM   #254
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
@Regard_39: Instead of patching, why not consider enabling a PIN to restrict access to the Kobo. Look under Setting => Energy saving and privacy => PIN LOCK.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 06:23 PM   #255
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regard_39 View Post
Awesome, thank you very much. But I'm not sure which "true" should be changed to "false."
Is it right like this?

Show all games:
- Enabled: yes
- FindZlib: "#boggleContainer[qApp_deviceIsPika=false]"
No, the replacement qproperty-visible should be false.

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching