Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 01-31-2010, 09:15 AM   #1
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
DR1000: listview aligned to the right

I saw some people complaining that long file names that have the 'significant part' of their name in the right part are not distinguishable. I created a simple patch that adds the ellipses "..." of long filenames at the start i.s.o. at the end in the 'List-view' ('Details' in the View row of the DR-menu).
This could also be made optional if someone puts some more effort in it.

I only changed one line (fileview.c @ 1934 END -> START). A better patch would probably be to make the other columns optional to create more space, but that would involve more effort.

Do not install this if you already have the Recent Files patch installed!

Installation Instructions:
Copy the content of the zip file to your SD-card.
In the folder Documents->Programs->Install you will find two (new) icons: "Apply Align Right Patch V0.1" and "Restore Align Right Patch". Use the first to install the patch and the second to uninstall. Both script will reset the DR at the end, this might look strange if you see it the first time.

Please give me some feedback if you think this is usefull.

Marcel.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CtbAlignRight_V0.1.zip (150.9 KB, 224 views)

Last edited by Mackx; 02-01-2010 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Added Installation instructions
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:00 AM   #2
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

I forgot to add the (de-)installation instructions, sorry for that. Corrected in the original post.
Advert
Old 02-01-2010, 08:40 PM   #3
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
Thanks very much. It would be extremly nice to get rid of the hours and minutes colums. Do you think this is possible?
Gogolo
Gogolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:16 AM   #4
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogolo View Post
Do you think this is possible?
Everything is possible giving unlimited time and resources.
I will try to make a small HowTo for modifying the ctb-code to get people going and post it here one of the coming days.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:04 PM   #5
Gogolo
Addict

Quote:
I will try to make a small HowTo for modifying the ctb-code to get people going and post it here one of the coming days.
Very nice, thanks!
Advert
Old 02-03-2010, 02:18 PM   #6
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
Everything is possible giving unlimited time and resources.
That's what I tell my boss.

Give me enough time and money, and we can make the software do anything. I'm still waiting for them to tell me I have an unlimited budget for a project though. Not sure why?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:32 PM   #7
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
I got a gentle reminder that I promised to send a small HowTo . So here it is, I attached it as a small file. Be carefull, although you can always reflash the firmware, you might loose some data when you do not know exactly what you are doing.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Patch Ctb.txt (2.8 KB, 186 views)
Old 03-02-2010, 03:49 PM   #8
Gogolo
Addict

Thanks very very much! Ill give it a try.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:03 PM   #9
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogolo View Post
Thanks very very much! Ill give it a try.
I am experimenting with an extra 'View' next to the current IconView and ListView, that only shows the names of the files over the full width of the screen (on the emulator until now). Basically hiding all columns of the listview except the Name-column. What are you plans?
Old 03-03-2010, 08:31 AM   #10
Gogolo
Addict

Quote:
What are you plans?
To be honest: First try to set up VMware and all the things... so, if you are at it, don't hesitate ;-)