Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 02-07-2010, 10:32 AM   #16
WEMV
WEMV began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader 6
Well, reformatting the device memory and installing the latest firmware did not work. I was able to read 143 pages and it rebooted at a page turn. After finding my place, which was lost, I read a few more pages and it did it again. I will let Elliott know and see what else he can suggest.

Ed
WEMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:44 AM   #17
abadboy
abadboy doesn't litterabadboy doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1
The same issues happen with my BeBook. I have used the firmware from BeBook and now use Tirwal 2.1.
The problem is not nearly as bad with the Tirwal firmware but is still there with the Mobi format. Epub very seldom locks up or reboots with the Tirwal firmware.

Last edited by abadboy; 02-07-2010 at 11:48 AM.
abadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2010, 12:51 PM   #18
WEMV

abadboy,

If Elliott can't do anything with the problem, I'll give that a try. Almost everything I read is in epub format.

Thanks,

Ed
Old 02-08-2010, 02:33 PM   #19
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Automatic Reboot Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEMV View Post
abadboy,

If Elliott can't do anything with the problem, I'll give that a try. Almost everything I read is in epub format.

Thanks,

Ed
Dear ALL:

I have noted all the posts on this subject and have asked all of our techs to get on finding a solution. I have not experienced it; but I believe you. If our techs cannot find a fast solution I will talk with the factory.

Just be aware that we are working on this subject.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 02:49 PM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I read EPUB almost exclusively and have not had a problem with this format.
Note: I am using the November release of FW
Would all people with this issue care to indicate the FW date they are using (or <need name > module version)?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2010, 04:16 AM   #21
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I read EPUB almost exclusively and have not had a problem with this format.
Note: I am using the November release of FW
Would all people with this issue care to indicate the FW date they are using (or <need name > module version)?
I have never had any self-rebooting or lockup happen. I also mainly read using ePub and use the November Astak firmware.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:23 PM   #22
WEMV

I heard back from Elliott about the reboot problem and he suggests that I return the reader so they can check it out. I will do that as a last resort. Is the November firmware still available? Iam running the one from December 2009, and don't remenber seeing a November version. I will also try the Jinke and the Triwal firmware and see if that helps. The original firmware that came on the reader did the samething. Maybe it is a hardware problem.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:28 PM   #23
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I heard back from Elliott about the reboot problem and he suggests that I return the reader so they can check it out. I will do that as a last resort. Is the November firmware still available? Iam running the one from December 2009, and don't remenber seeing a November version. I will also try the Jinke and the Triwal firmware and see if that helps. The original firmware that came on the reader did the samething. Maybe it is a hardware problem.
If the original did this And December did this, I would suspect there is a HW issue
Tip: Keep labeled copies of all Firmware versions (the file inside is always setup.bin), but you can name the RAR file anything you want
Old 02-09-2010, 02:38 PM   #24
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you send it back for repair... keep the SD card.

Dear All:

Just a reminder... but anytime you send a unit back for repair or for us to try to solve a problem... we MAY just replace it in the same color. Keep your SD card! Send everything else that came in the box back... but keep your SD card.

We sell SD cards here and have thousands lying around. We would never be able to find yours again. Please hold onto your SD card when you return the unit for repair!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 03:18 PM   #25
WEMV

Quote:
If the original did this And December did this, I would suspect there is a HW issue
Tip: Keep labeled copies of all Firmware versions (the file inside is always setup.bin), but you can name the RAR file anything you want
I have already started doing this. I got the reader in late December and the November firmware was already gone from the web site.

Thanks

Ed
Old 02-09-2010, 03:21 PM   #26
WEMV

RobertB,

Thanks for the information, I was wondering about how to do that.

Ed
Old 02-09-2010, 03:49 PM   #27
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear All:

Just a reminder... but anytime you send a unit back for repair or for us to try to solve a problem... we MAY just replace it in the same color. Keep your SD card! Send everything else that came in the box back... but keep your SD card.

We sell SD cards here and have thousands lying around. We would never be able to find yours again. Please hold onto your SD card when you return the unit for repair!!!
RobertB

When you issue a RMA (product specific) form letter,
Have a tick list of what the customer should exactly do.

() Back-up any books on the Internal storage (when possible).
Astak can not guarantee your data will be returned.

() Remove AND Retain, any SD card

() write the serial number here (if not above), Serial is found under the Battery.

More stuff
Old 02-10-2010, 02:02 AM   #28
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
I have already started doing this. I got the reader in late December and the November firmware was already gone from the web site.

Thanks

Ed
Ed, more firmware is available here (this is ekaser's site, who is a member here), including the Astak November firmware.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:15 PM   #29
Robertb

Adding all of this to FAQ sheet. Consider form letter!!

Quote:
RobertB

When you issue a RMA (product specific) form letter,
Have a tick list of what the customer should exactly do.

() Back-up any books on the Internal storage (when possible).
Astak can not guarantee your data will be returned.

() Remove AND Retain, any SD card

() write the serial number here (if not above), Serial is found under the Battery.

More stuff
Dear Duckey:

As always, you have good thinking! Yes, I can myself make certain the next FAQ sheet upgrade has this info in it.

I cannot order Technical Support to do anything; but I can strongly suggest! I agree with you that such a form letter would be a normal part of an RMA. The only problem is timing. Routinely, if someone wants to have their device repaired, they are already inconvenienced. They want to minimize the time without the device. They rush to send it. I am only concerned that Tech Support can not always drop what they are doing after a phone call and email out a form letter. Even if they could...it may be well on its way to Astak by the time people get around to reading the email.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:52 PM   #30
WEMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
Ed, more firmware is available here (this is ekaser's site, who is a member here), including the Astak November firmware.
Thanks for the link, but those files appear to be for the v5. My reader is the v3.

Looks like I've run out I options. I requested a RMA and will send it in to be fixed or replaced.

Ed