Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-29-2009, 12:42 PM   #1
RedHeadPeter
Enthusiast
RedHeadPeter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedHeadPeter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedHeadPeter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Bebook
Where is everything kept?

I am not a Sony user. I have a Bebook so am used to doing things in a particular way (drag and drop everything in Windows basically - though epub and Adobe Digital Editions have complicated matters a bit I can still see all my books.)

A friend has a Sony 505 and asked me for some help. I managed to show her how to import books (by drag and drop and by using the Sony library software AND by using Adobe Digital Editions -complicated already). But what bothered me was that Windows couldn't see the book files that were transferred through the Sony reader library software. We imported some music and that was clearly visible. So where do the book files go?

We also had the additional problem that Adobe Editions would only see epub and pdf files AND that different user logons on her computer seemed to give different results in the Sony library software? Or perhaps I had reached the edge of my sanity by then.

My geek credibility is at stake here so any help much appreciated.
RedHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Books transferred via the eBook Library software end up on the Reader in the path "\database\media\books". Books transferred via ADE end up in "\Digital Editions".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert