Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-22-2009, 10:41 AM   #1
constroy
constroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: PRS-505 Blue, nexus 7, Kindle PW2
User error. I think I corrupted LRF file??

Just got my reader a few days ago and I have found a new love! I recently found the beauty of the "reset" button on the back of the reader. LOL I downloaded an LRF book called Human Company for MR. Great book so far. In my effort to push all the buttons on my reader to find out what they do, at around page 86 of the story, my reader locked up. Instead of looking at the manual to try and figure out if the small "s" by the battery charge indicator was for small text, I just pushed the "+" button thinking I was just going to find out if that was what that button was for. Well it locked it up in the "format" mode. (The spinning thinking arrow thing)! So I reset and tried loading the book back up, lock up again. Removed book from reader, put back on reader, lock up. (I am using Calibre). Totally removed book from reader and library, load book back onto library, then reader, tried to open book, LOCK UP!!!! LOL I have a feeling this book is not going to be an option for me anymore. Does anyone have an idea of what I did? Other books seem to do fine, so far. Just a problem with Human Company.
constroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:39 PM   #2
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Try loading it using the Sony Library. Calibre does not paginate before loading, the SL does. It could be it's taking 'too long' to repaginate when you change the font size - how long are you waiting before reset? I've had some long books take as much as five minutes to reformat.

If you 'corrupted' the file on the Reader, the file on your computer would still be the same as it was before.

So either reload with the SL, or try being more patient.
khalleron is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2009, 09:15 AM   #3
constroy
constroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: PRS-505 Blue, nexus 7, Kindle PW2
Thank you khalleron. Book is loading fine now!
constroy is offline   Reply With Quote