Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 12-17-2008, 07:57 PM   #1
dgillette.rm
Connoisseur
dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
tor's jar files

Tor is now posting their "sony" format as epub. This is fine, I have a 505 now. The files download as "title".epub.jar. My poor macbook does not seem to know what to do with the file and neither does calibre.

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong forum for this. It seems more a epub type problem than either a sony or a calbre problem and I did not see any other choice that made sense to me.

Thanks in advance for your help.
dgillette.rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:13 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Which one? I just looked and didn't find any JAR files. Maybe they fixed it.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2008, 08:28 PM   #3
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgillette.rm View Post
Tor is now posting their "sony" format as epub. This is fine, I have a 505 now. The files download as "title".epub.jar. My poor macbook does not seem to know what to do with the file and neither does calibre.
It's weird that it came down with a ".jar" extension, but if the file downloaded properly, try renaming it to have just ".epub" for its extension.
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:13 PM   #4
dgillette.rm
Connoisseur
dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
As far as which one goes, it was the latest short story "Firstborn" this time, but I have seen this before. I will try llasram's suggestion and report the results.

The suggestion appears to have worked. I have no idea why the file downloads with the extension .jar. Does anyone?

Last edited by dgillette.rm; 12-18-2008 at 08:17 PM.
dgillette.rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 04:23 AM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgillette.rm View Post
The suggestion appears to have worked. I have no idea why the file downloads with the extension .jar. Does anyone?
It might be a misconfiguration in the server side (sending the wrong mimetype or something).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2008, 03:18 AM   #6
Vulcan
Vulcan began at the beginning.

Device: Current - iPad2 Retired - Sony PRS700
Jar is a file compression format like zip or rar. You need a program to unpack it. I have tried many different programs over the years but there is one I use all the time now......
7 ZIP. It is a free program and they have versions for Windows, Mac and Linux. You can download it here - http://www.7-zip.org/download.html
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote