Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-20-2012, 06:18 PM   #46
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewH View Post
I have "To Read" and "Read" tags in Calibre. When I start a new book, I mark it as "Currently Reading" on Goodreads. When I finish it I:
1. delete it from my ereader (I only keep "To Read" books on my ereader).
2. update the status on Goodreads, give it a rating, and possibly a review.
3. change the "To Read" tag in Calibre to "Read".
My system is much like this, but instead of a To Read tag, I use a *starred* 'priority' column. A 5-star book will be at the top of my TBR list. As I complete a book in a series, it is ticked off in the Read column and the next book in the series gets 5 stars.

I have now acquired so many books that every other book read is chosen randomly (Calibre: View: Read a random book). I make 3 random selections and then choose from them. Some of the most interesting books I've read lately might never have been read otherwise (The Winning of Barbara Worth, Dodsworth, Ethan Frome). If a series book is randomly selected, I'll substitute the next in series to be read.

In Goodreads, I'll move the books on the 'read' shelf to a 'read 2012' shelf on January 1 and begin anew.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote