Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-28-2012, 07:26 AM   #1
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T2
A Few Tiny Problems

After having my previous ST completely stop working I got my new one a few weeks ago but now I'm having new problems with it. All of them are small but when added together it's very annoying.

Sorting: I sort my books by author but I have authors all over the place. For instance I'll be scrolling though my "Unknown" (this is usually fanfiction) authors and in the middle I'll have a book by Goodkind. And have all of the Immortal After Dark series by Kresely Cole, but they're all over the place.

Scrolling though my library. Before my other ST stopped working altogether I could easily scroll though the books. But now it seems to freeze for a few seconds before turning to the next set of books. And I can't hold the button down to quickly skim though my titles.

Covers. Not all but some of my books don't have covers. And most of them are books that I converted to epub so they would have the cover I wanted. This happened with my Nalini Singh books, I prefer the UK covers, but now there's no cover and with the previous ST there was the covers.

All my books are on the SD card I have nearly 2400 books/fanfictions/personal documents on it.

Anyone have similar problems or a way to fix them?

Last edited by Bittybye; 07-29-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Bittybye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:27 PM   #2
paw3pals
Enthusiast
paw3pals doesn't litterpaw3pals doesn't litter

Device: nook tablet
Download Calibre and use it. Standardized author names and titles, series identification and numbering, covers, etc. Put all ebooks thru Calibre and then transfer them to your ST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittybye View Post
After having my previous ST completely stop working I got my new one a few weeks ago but now I'm having new problems with it. All of them are small but when added together it's very annoying.

Sorting: I sort my books by author but I have authors all over the place. For instance I'll be scrolling though my "Unknown" (this is usually fanfiction) authors and in the middle I'll have a book by Goodkind. And have all of the Immortal After Dark series by Kresely Cole, but they're all over the place.

Scrolling though my library. Before my other ST stopped working altogether I could easily scroll though the books. But now it seems to freeze for a few seconds before turning to the next set of books. And I can't hold the button down to quickly skim though my titles.

Covers. Not all but some of my books don't have covers. And most of them are books that I converted to epub so they would have the cover I wanted. This happened with my Nalini Singh books, I prefer the UK covers, but now there's no cover and with the previous ST there was the covers.

All my books are on the SD card I have nearly 2400 books/fanfictions/personal documents on it.

Anyone have similar problems or a way to fix them?
paw3pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2012, 07:12 AM   #3
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paw3pals View Post
Download Calibre and use it. Standardized author names and titles, series identification and numbering, covers, etc. Put all ebooks thru Calibre and then transfer them to your ST.
I already use Calibre.

It's gotten worse already. Now it sometimes won't turn the page when I'm reading right away but then if I press it again it will randomly turn the page later while I'm in the middle of reading.

Last edited by Bittybye; 07-31-2012 at 06:38 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:43 AM   #4
paw3pals
Enthusiast
paw3pals doesn't litterpaw3pals doesn't litter

Device: nook tablet
If a reset doesn't work, I would take it to Barnes & Noble for repair/exchange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittybye View Post
I already use Calibre.

It's gotten worse already. Now it sometimes won't turn the page when I'm reading right away but then if I press it again it will randomly turn the page later while I'm in the middle of reading.
paw3pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:42 AM   #5
Bittybye
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paw3pals View Post
If a reset doesn't work, I would take it to Barnes & Noble for repair/exchange.
I live in Canada it was a gift from my aunt.
Advert