Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-15-2011, 08:07 PM   #1
Bryanhoop
Bryanhoop began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Question How to delete any books on Kindle not in the Calibre library?

Sometimes I delete books from the database when my Kindle isn't connected (so I can't simultaneously delete it on the device). The next time I connect the Kindle, what is the easiest method to delete any ebooks on the Kindle that are not in my library?

Bryanhoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:25 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Click on the "On device" column to sort on it (click again if necessary to get the missing ebooks first). Select them by choosing the 1st and shift clicking on the last. Right click and select Remove books.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2011, 08:51 PM   #3
Bryanhoop
Bryanhoop began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Won't that just select the books that are in my Calibre library but not on my device? (I'm at work and can't check).
Bryanhoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:08 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanhoop View Post
Won't that just select the books that are in my Calibre library but not on my device? (I'm at work and can't check).
If you have deleted the book from Calibre, it won't show in Library view...
Switch to the proper (Main or Card) Device View.
Click the column header: In Library
All the ticks (and blanks) are now grouped.

Select the blanks you want to delete and tap DEL (this view, DEL is for the reader)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote