Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-16-2007, 11:42 AM   #1
corflame
corflame began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eBook Reader PRS-500
64bit Windows support?

Hey everyone,

It's been a while since I checked on this last, so, has anyone found a way to make the reader work with 64bit Windows (Vista, XP)?

The last time I checked there weren't any 64bit drivers, but one can always hope...
corflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:44 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
"Connect" doesn't work with 64-bit Windows, but that doesn't prevent you from using the Reader; just means you can't buy books from the Connect Store.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2007, 07:48 PM   #3
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
The alternative open source doesn´t work either. Perhaps it will help to complain to Sony ...

Last edited by joblack; 08-22-2007 at 07:40 AM.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:24 PM   #4
corflame
corflame began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eBook Reader PRS-500
Complaining to Sony is like banging your head against the wall especially since I live in an "unsupported" country.

Oh well, I guess they'll figure it out eventually. If that doesn't work, I can alway fall back to plan B and get Harry and his Dalek friends to exterminate them
corflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 03:20 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Note that you can now buy books, magazines, etc, for the Reader at Fictionwise. That'll work fine with 64-bit Windows - all you need is a web browser!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2007, 09:14 PM   #6
Brainiac 5
Brainiac 5 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Portable Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by corflame View Post
Complaining to Sony is like banging your head against the wall especially since I live in an "unsupported" country.
I just wouldn't mention what country you're in. That doesn't reduce the head/wall issue much, but maybe a little...

About a month or two back I inquired about 64-bit support on a form on the Connect web site. It took several back-and-forth exchanges for me to get them to understand that there is such a thing as a 64-bit version of Windows. Finally they came back and said that they don't support it. Although I'd also asked if they had any plans to add support in the future, they didn't give me an answer to that and I gave up on trying to get one.
Brainiac 5 is offline   Reply With Quote