Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-31-2009, 01:21 PM   #31
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Strange that you cannot find any dictionaries. I use stardict with good dictionaries on my N810. Here are some dictionaries:

http://stardict.sourceforge.net/Dict...w.dict.org.php
Thanks. I did not realize that stardict and DICTD were the same format.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:27 PM   #32
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Thanks. I did not realize that stardict and DICTD were the same format.
I think stardict is the program and dict is the format. See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DICT
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:24 PM   #33
Margrete
Connoisseur
Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.

Device: pixelar ebookreader (Hanlin V3)
for all the info here and in other threads which I've read. It looks like I'll be buying a Hanlin V3 probably from that pixelar store in UK
Margrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:19 AM   #34
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
I have considering buying a Hanlin from them for a while. Since I already have a reading device I've decided to hold out a little longer, but please update with your experiences when you buy
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:51 AM   #35
Margrete
Connoisseur
Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
I have considering buying a Hanlin from them for a while. Since I already have a reading device I've decided to hold out a little longer, but please update with your experiences when you buy
Sofar my experience with them are good. The process of buying was okey but I missed a place where I could write my delivery address since it isn't the same as my credit card address. I bought it saturday evening, and got an email on sunday (didn't expect that since here almost everything is closed on sundays) asking for confirmation of my delivery address. Then later the same afternoon I got an email saying it would be shipped with in 48 hours and giving me a tracking number. Now I'm waiting for it to arrive in the mail
Old 03-04-2009, 10:42 AM   #36
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Feeling like this I assume
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:57 PM   #37
Margrete
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
Feeling like this I assume
exactly I keep chaging the tracking status way too often
Old 03-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #38
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Margrete,
Did you receive the Pixelar device - is it OK?
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 06:45 PM   #39
arc
arc began at the beginning.

Device: ct19 5ab
I convert everthing I have to Mobi and have done for some 10 years. Which is why I bought the Cybook. So I pretty much agree with Harry....
The dictionary look up is a must have... with various dictionaries to choose from.
I almost bought the bebook, but they did not have mobi support at the time and it would appear that the look up does not yet work on the bebook.
I bought my Cybook from WH Smiths for around £179

ARC

Last edited by arc; 03-29-2009 at 06:50 PM. Reason: price
arc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:23 AM   #40
Margrete
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post
Margrete,
Did you receive the Pixelar device - is it OK?
Yes I did , and it is working quite well with regards to the mobipocket, microsoft reader and some pdf-ebooks I have. I do have some problems with it getting to read my powerpoint slides correctly, but thats due to the font and pictures used in the slides so I have to fix that, and that the norwegian letters æ, ø and å won't show up
Old 03-30-2009, 09:53 AM   #41
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Thanks for the update. Glad it is working out well for you, I'll probably order one today. I've just ordered a 9" tablet PC (for work), so I have debated whether or not I really need another e-reader device. But I am very curious about the benefits of reading with an e-ink screen. My (middle-aged) eyes get tired from PC monitors all day.

The Norwegian letter rendering isn't an issue with me ;-)
I'll have to check out the Greek though...
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote