Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 05-15-2014, 09:51 AM   #1
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
LitReactor Courses - A Recommendation

I just went through a one-week short story writing course over at LitReactor, and thought I'd post my quick thoughts on it in case anyone else is interested in the online courses they do.

Taught by Richard Thomas, I can't recommend it enough. The course was 7 days, with a lecture (readings) and an assignment on each day, followed by writing a complete story using the components from the last 7 days. Thomas did a good job with feedback, and recommending potential markets for the completed story at the end.

I did an in-person writing course long ago, but found that doing it online was a better fit for my personality.

Anyone else do any of the other courses?
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:23 AM   #2
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
A complete story? I assume its a short? How much is the class?
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:41 AM   #3
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
The story I had to turn in at the end of the week had to be 1,200 words or less, so a very short story. The course cost me about $99.
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:08 PM   #4
chadwestauthor
chadwestauthor began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Cool. I've been wondering about these courses. Thanks for this.
chadwestauthor is offline   Reply With Quote